Poll: Which gaming console is the best/provides the most fun?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Best gaming console EVER!?

snes was my vote just way too many epic games to forget.......super mario world,uncharted 2,romance of the three kingdoms series,final fantasy series,earthbound,illusion of gaia,secret of evermore or mana,chrono trigger,tmnt,zelda i could go on forever most epic system ever

nes was close but then i remembered the days of blowing that lil cart till ya turned blue and the other crazy stuff can we say passcodes instead of saves ahhh lol

Anybody have a problem with ressurecting a 6 month old topic that encompasses 20+ years of gaming consoles? no? alright then.

Super Nintendo i grew up with, and from time to time i play the games i have, so i'm voting for SNES.

Also the gameplay,Animation and art then was top notch. I don't care if Mario yelled a lot when you lost him in Yoshi Island, it was one of the most beautiful games. Say what you will about the convoluted story(now, not like you played a 2D action game for a story anyway), but Megaman X1 is one of the best action games to this day (not to mention the music).

Starfox could be described as frustrating, but the introduction of full 3D in the SNES blew me away (again,not to mention the music. I'm seeing a pattern here). Mortal Kombat taught us violence and how precious body parts can be. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles taught me teamwork (and hogging pizza). Street Fighter II? Not much needed to be said there.

There's plenty of other games that i could mention, but i think ill stop here before my head explodes.

EDIT: Oh hey! it's in General discussion too. Any admin mind throwing this to the Video Games section?
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Dreamcast.. ahead of its time and worth every dime. All the other consoles were the same ol' same ol'

While I do understand people that vouch SNES, I don't understand why would anyone say N64: altho it had some exceptional quality games, the diamond point of 3D revolution was PSX, in my opinion. Therefore I vote PSX since I think that the introduction of 3D in videogames led to the development of incredibly original ideas and videogames, more than 2D consoles themselves.

How can you miss out on the Amiga 64?
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

SNES/N64 > REST!

NES set the standard to what video games are today without it and Myamoto there would be no video games.

10+ Year Old Account

The PC IS a console.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

Deleted

N64 so many votes?????
    In that times everyone had a ps1.
    N64 had only a few good games (zelda and mario).
    PS1 had better graphics, better games better everything.

N64

i want 1 right noaw :3

N64 and Snes! I voted Snes to even it out a bit.

Snes:
    Metroid, Megaman, Zelda, FF, Castlevania, Super Mario etc

N64: Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario 64, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, SSB, Star Fox etc
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

MARIO KART > YOU!

SNES:

Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VI, Super Metroid, Zelda: A Link To The Past, Megaman X1, X2, & X3.

These are probably my favourite games of all time, with CT being my absolute favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Brader
    N64 so many votes?????
    ahem.... Golden Eye? both Mario games (kart and 64), Star Fox

are u silly!?!?!?!11`1`1`1``1``¬¬¬``11`one!?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Brader
    N64 so many votes?????
    From my experience everyone I know at Uni prefers the N64 over the PS, due to 4 reasons.

1: GoldenEye
    2: MarioKart
    4: Conker's Bad Fur Day
    3: Controller had the analogue stick in an ergonomic (or to everyone I asked, not retarded) position.

Oh and I think there are more classic games on the N64 than the PS.

Also sales and the number of people owning one means nothing (for example with the Wii, I'm more than certain that most people prefer the xbox360 or the PS3 but the Wii is more accessible. Accessible=More People.).

And to the whole graphics thing. People have to remember graphics mean nothing over gameplay and enjoyability. Again I use the Wii. Graphics are terrible compared to xbox and PS3. But oh wait it's destroying them on sales.

Anyway I was surprised at the xbox being so high up but that is probably due to xboxlive which is actually simply amazing (if you look at it compared to what we used to have, although nothing beats a good ol' GoldenEye Man with the Golden Gun match).

N64.

Mario 64
    mario kart
    zelda
    goldeneye
    conkers bad fur day
    mystical ninja
    and a million more games that i spent hours days even months playin

nuff said

15+ Year Old Account

N64 had the best lineup of games ever.

Look back at the games, most of the greatest games of all time came from it.

Since the Ocarina of time, and Shadows of the Empire(Yes, Shadows of the Empire) Wave Race 64, 1080, and Golden Eye are arguably the greatest games ever, N64 hands down. However, the PSP is the most revolutionary console ever. I can't tell you how many times that thing has saved me from going insane. Whenever I had to go to Jury duty, Doctors office, or stuck at GF's house who has no gaming system, the PSP has been a god send. Also, I remember when I fried my comp and I had no real access to the internet, out comes the PSP to save the day. Also, the God of War Chains of Olympus was one the best games I've played, so simple, so elegant, and so brilliant.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crixis
    Since the Ocarina of time, and Shadows of the Empire(Yes, Shadows of the Empire) Wave Race 64, 1080, and Golden Eye
    I had all of those, and I didn't even pay for them or the 64 =D

Some random rich kid I knew was like "Here, I'm throwing it out anyway to make room for my ps1" and I was like "What is this? o.O" :3

Sega Dreamcast....

BEST. CONSOLE. EVER.