Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

We are not needed

Hello.

At the moment while I'm writing this, my guild is raiding, without me. I nearly never gets into the raids as we have a uber hunter who pwns and are always online. The problem is, more than 1 hunter in a 25 man raid isn't needed, which results we never gets into the raids. Is it just my guild who is doing it like this? If not I think Blizzard shall do something. Cause I can't agree this, it doesn't matter how good I am cause the uber hunter will always have my spot. More than 1 hunter in raids shall be needed.

Regards,
    Upptagen
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Re: We are not needed

Does "bring the player, not the class" sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    Hello.

At the moment while I'm writing this, my guild is raiding, without me. I nearly never gets into the raids as we have a uber hunter who pwns and are always online. The problem is, more than 1 hunter in a 25 man raid isn't needed, which results we never gets into the raids. Is it just my guild who is doing it like this? If not I think Blizzard shall do something. Cause I can't agree this, it doesn't matter how good I am cause the uber hunter will always have my spot. More than 1 hunter in raids shall be needed.

Regards,
    Upptagen

Every class can have the same situation
    Its just your guild :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch
    Does "bring the player, not the class" sound familiar?
    Ye, and what I mean is that isn't true. :-\
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

We have 1 to 4 hunters with us. Depends on who signed on (first).
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Deleted

We have 4 main raiding hunters, and theres always 3 or 4 in each raid because our dps is very good, usually all 4 of us in top 5, make what you will of that.

But ye, if your not happy then leave the guild.

we normally have 2-3 hunters. always depends.

as stated above: Bring the player not the class COULD be a reason here - if the other hunter is much better than you, (and other players aswell) then why should they choose you, if better players are available?

I'm going with the reason that they are not bringing you is the "uber hunter who is always online" I wouldn't want to bring you if you only showed up every once in a while.

But if you are not happy go find another guild. My guild usually has 2-3 depending who is online on time and able to make it.

I an the second best hunter actually. But they said only 1 hunter is needed in 25 mans... Acutally I'm online for every raid.

We run with 3 hunters because MD is useful

Plus how good can the other raiders be to not let another hunter in?

hunters are generally top or close to it when they are played right

Tell them that you would like to see some way to get you into raids and that if they can not come with a solution you will kindly leave the guild, no hard feelings but sitting out every single week is not what you expect from your raid guild.

Also look at the raid comp, a hunter isn't the only class you "need only one" of, if your DPS is up it to replace someone like that, tell them that persons spot.

Hello.

Regards,
    Upptagen
    Sounds like it's just your guild. We always run with 2-3 hunters, and we've certainly never set an arbitrary "maximum hunter" number.

Or it could just be that you're not that good, don't show up, enough, etc. I wont make some wild claim that you're terribad because honestly I don't know anything about you. But it does sound like either your raid is silly to set a "1 hunter maximum", or you're simply not good enough to crack the main raiding group, regardless of your class.

Edit: Sounds like it's your guild that's being silly here, as you could use the "1 *insert class here* is all you really need" for almost any class. Either way, this is a problem with either your guild or you, not with hunters in general.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I an the second best hunter actually. But they said only 1 hunter is needed in 25 mans... Acutally I'm online for every raid.
    Sounds like a good /gquit reason to me, but you should tell them before, it might make them change their minds

Unless of course you suck bullocks (being the second best Hunter doesn't mean you are good, just that the other Hunters are even worse - but I get the feeling that isn't the issue ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

what can 2nd mage bring that 1st can't?
    rouge? warr? dk?...
    in 25 men there is place for 2 persons per class
    especially if you play good
    also, hunters only share gear with enh shamans so you're rather popular choice... sort of : )

Normally my guild will choose who is best dps/heals/tank before the class, well the class breakdown would be second.

What meta gem are you using bro...doesn't look like it's the right one.

Why do you have some +AP gems, and some +Agi ones? In all likely hood, the +Agi ones are a better selection.

which results we never gets into the raids.
    Ah, I have found the problem, you are clearly Gollum, and they are scared of your loin cloth

pull more deeps?

our hunters are always on top of the dmg meters on most fights. we have as much as 5 in a raid at times. The problem with your situation is one of two things:

- your guild is not very smart

- you aren't very good.

You should definately change your meta gem to 21 agility, and 3% increased critical hit damage, also if your raiding as mm u shouldnt have agility gems/ap gems and your armor penetration is way to low atm, do u normally raid as surv or mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Karzakk
    You should definately change your meta gem to 21 crit, and 3% increased critical hit damage, also if your raiding as mm u shouldnt have agility gems/ap gems and your armor penetration is way to low atm, do u normally raid as surv or mm?
    Lots of wrong stuff here.

He should have 21 AGILITY and 3% crit.

He SHOULD have Agility gems as Marks, UNLESS he's at a very high ArP. People forget that Marks is totally viable and comparable, if not better than, Survival, even BEFORE you start reaching the ArP soft cap.

Bad advice is BAD.

Edit: just to be a jerk, because I hate it when people give retarded advice, why the heck do you have points in Imp. Arcane when you're stacking ArP? You also are WELL over the hit cap (especially when you consider you may have a draenei in your group) and yet you're using Icewalker instead of +16 agility? 21 crit meta over 21 agility meta? An ilvl 219 ranged weapon as Marks? Ugh.