Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: ShockAndAwe v4.50

Quote Originally Posted by Wootlessberger
    /saa version says ShockAndAwe v4.50 (r226), and yes I always, always update my addons.
    If you are still getting priority box "going invisible" on v4.50 please turn on the error reporting and report what the error is to me so I can fix it.

In game press ESC get the menu and choose Interface. Now I haven't looked today as it might have changed after patch 3.2.2 so I'm not sure where it is now but you are looking for an option to display lua errors.

If you get this again with the errors on please post the error message here so I know where the error is happening. By the error message I mean the full text please. Please also confirm the version number as I'm about to release a new version with some stuff for the new patch. I'd like to get this fixed so you don't have an issue any more but as I haven't seen the problem I don't know how to fix it.

Just did Razor and Ignis and it did it on Ignis, mostly when someone got picked up.
    LUA errors is on and I don't get anything.

Will update later during Uld.

EDIT : I think we have a pattern here ...

On Yogg I guess it was when some was getting picked up, Ignis same...
    I had the same thing yesterday during ToC. I guess during 2d boss when his adds picks up someone.

EDIT 2 : Did it on Kologarn when someone got picked up.
    Zotac Ghostlands[H] - Enhancement

Deleted

Have you double checked the version number? I haven't had any issues with the latest version.

Maybe completely delete the SSA folder and install again.

Deleted

Just saying thx for a great addon been using it for a long time now. But would there be anyway to implement so you can see if the target have anything debuffable on the cooldown frame? I think there is more people than me which don´t use the priority frame and would like that implemented.

Deleted

Just did Razor and Ignis and it did it on Ignis, mostly when someone got picked up.
    LUA errors is on and I don't get anything.

Will update later during Uld.

EDIT : I think we have a pattern here ...

On Yogg I guess it was when some was getting picked up, Ignis same...
    I had the same thing yesterday during ToC. I guess during 2d boss when his adds picks up someone.

EDIT 2 : Did it on Kologarn when someone got picked up.
    Are you perhaps running Vista and installing addons in c:\program files\world of warcraft\interface\addons?? In which case that's not actually where your addons are. Rule of thumb DO NOT run WoW from c:\program files on Vista.

Vista copies your addons to c:\users\xxxx\program data or some such folder and its there it runs them from if you update c:\program files\world of warcraft\interface\addons its not actually using the new version its using the one in the c:\users directory.

You can avoid all that Vista copies stuff elsewhere crap by installing WoW into c:\games\World of Warcraft or some such directory. Since you already have WoW installed create a c:\games folder and drag your WoW folder to c:\games to move it there. Remember if you have any shortcuts on desktop etc you'll need to update them too to point to new location (or create new shortcuts). Running WoW from c:\games removes all Vista addon update issues.

Deleted

Errors from v4.50 r229 that are potent enough to cause wow to offer to disable it:

Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\GotWood\GotWood.lua:363: attempt to index field 'cooldown' (a nil value)
    Time: 09/24/09 22:34:45
    Count: 59
    Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:22: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
    ...ace\AddOns\Quartz\libs\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:299: in function `TriggerEvent'
    ...ace\AddOns\Quartz\libs\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:910: in function <...ace\AddOns\Quartz\libs\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:903>

Locals: No locals to dump
    Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.lua:2105: Usage: UnitChannelInfo("unit")
    Time: 09/24/09 22:34:49
    Count: 1322
    Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:22: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [C]: in function `UnitChannelInfo'
    Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.lua:2105: in function `OnUpdate'
    Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.lua:1659: in function <Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.lua:1658>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
    Might aswell mention few improvements that would be nice to see in future versions:
    1)Remove "main hand/offhand" from windfury messages, every level 80 should be using it on mh only anyway. Just makes every wf message appear in 2 lines and occupy way more space.
    2)In addition to SCT, add MikScrollingBattleText support for displaying messages. Would also fix previous issue for me.
    3)In the current version there are 2 Lava Lashes in priority queue list of spells, shouldnt 1 of them be called "LL if no totem buff"?
    4)GCD indicator on priority box as suggested before would be really useful. Maybe even a "next spell in queue" box next to it to help with timing spells & reduce excessive bashing.
    5)Make purge & interrupt boxes next to priority queue removable(boxes themselves stay after disabling the feature currently).

Quote Originally Posted by Arimis
    The cooldown "clock" like any default action button does when you hit something that prompts a GCD.

I really would like to use the priority frame to replace some other things I have mid screen, I just can't seem to find a good time point to know what's coming up. (If anyone has a time suggestion,,)
    forteXorcist is a pretty decent timer mod. It isnt as simple as the ret pally one though.

I tried it for a while, disabled everything but the cooldown bar(spell timer maybe?)

It will then add a bar to your screen which you can customize for length of time and the size.

I made mine pretty simple only had time go to 11 seconds and made the bar long enough with intervals at 7 4 2. Then as you use a cooldown it will be placed on the bar and move down the list.
    I did not customize it to much from there though. when I get time to do it again I will try to add only spells in our priority. That way no trinkets or anything else like that shows up.

I had this right next to my priority frame, it added that sort of "what's coming next" idea.

Levva, maybe you could look at that for an idea?

(Also if this is the wrong thread for mentioning things like this, let me know ill post it elsewhere)

What if I have a D: drive and I have wow installed in there?

I never had problems with any other addons.
    Zotac Ghostlands[H] - Enhancement

Deleted

What if I have a D: drive and I have wow installed in there?

I never had problems with any other addons.
    As long as it isn't c:\program files it won't get annoyed by Vista.

The bug you are seeing was fixed in v4.43 if you are still seeing it you must have an earlier version.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Crythe
    Errors from v4.50 r229 that are potent enough to cause wow to offer to disable it:
    If you are going to download ALPHA (ie: PRE-testing versions) then you have to read the commit notes. r229 said DRY CODED ie: I wrote the code at work with ZERO testing in WoW. So its exceptionally unlikely to work first time. PLEASE don't report errors with alpha versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Crythe

Might aswell mention few improvements that would be nice to see in future versions:
    1)Remove "main hand/offhand" from windfury messages, every level 80 should be using it on mh only anyway. Just makes every wf message appear in 2 lines and occupy way more space.
    2)In addition to SCT, add MikScrollingBattleText support for displaying messages. Would also fix previous issue for me.
    3)In the current version there are 2 Lava Lashes in priority queue list of spells, shouldnt 1 of them be called "LL if no totem buff"?
    4)GCD indicator on priority box as suggested before would be really useful. Maybe even a "next spell in queue" box next to it to help with timing spells & reduce excessive bashing.
    5)Make purge & interrupt boxes next to priority queue removable(boxes themselves stay after disabling the feature currently).
    Please review the released version and post and remaining issues (probably 1, 2 and 5) as tickets. http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/shockandawe/tickets/ Issue 2 already has a ticket if memory serves.

By posting a ticket it gives me somewhere to review the requests and bugs all in one place rather than here, private messages, EJ forums, emails, curse.com, etc etc etc.