Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 3.2.2: Threat of Thassarian effecting DW tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Daehauq
    It's already calculated in base avg dmg.

Edit: right, thx. I'll update it

Edit2: 511 base avg dmg * 1.575 (MH+OH) = 804.825 avg dmg, modifier is already there, no need to calculate it 2 times. Gotta check the post for errors now...

Edit3: I HATE MORNINGS! >.<
    I really have to go through this really closely coz I'm starting to get confused myself :-X
    to make it simple do it like you did before and apply the multiplier to the 2.6 (->2.6*1.575 = 4.095) and keep the base weapon dps untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkethic86
    please explain how blood tanking is better than frost tanking.. just an honest question cuz i see blood tanks as being incredibly weak and having to rely on a lot of healing that takes place AFTER receiving damage which make me nervous about big hits.. obviously nobody is arguing for unholy because by no means do i think it compares to frost tanking.. it probably comes down to mostly preference between all 3 tank specs considering blizz wants all 3 trees to be able to tank, but i'd just like to hear your reasoning behind the blood is better comment
    More Health, Vampiric Blood for EVEN MORE HEALTH and extra healing 25% of the time and Will of the Necropolis which is a pretty good butt-saver even after nerfs.

That pretty much owns Bone Shield and Unbreakable Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    More Health, Vampiric Blood for EVEN MORE HEALTH and extra healing 25% of the time and Will of the Necropolis which is a pretty good butt-saver even after nerfs.

That pretty much owns Bone Shield and Unbreakable Armor.
    Unbreakable armor is stronger than Vampiric Blood against physical attacks as soon as you have more than ~16k armor , scales with absorbtion mechanics (disc shield/paladin shield) that are often on the tanks and lasts longer, while the + heal of Vampiric blood is rarely useful.
    Acclimation is more reliable on most heavy spell dmg encounters than Deflection.

Blood has more EH (+6% stamina / will of necropolis) , Frost has better cds (improved Icebound Fortitude), more avoidance, more damage reduce and more magic reduction.
    So I'd say it really depends on the boss fight which one is better.

Geez.. leave the 2H discussion out of this threat already!

Now about the calculations, from my character sheet:
    1169 - 1478 MH (1323.5 avg)
    672 - 850 OH (761 avg)
    OH is 57.5% of MH's avg dmg, thus the AP calculations goes as follow

MH: (Weapon DPS * AP/14) * 2.6
    OH: (Weapon DPS * AP/14) * 2.6 * 0.575
    Both: (Weapon DPS * AP/14) * 2.6 * 1.575

So yea, should've copied the equation (and just change the AP) from the orignial :

Updating post
    "Sharing is caring".. But I don't care!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrim
    You mean 500HP is now game breaking? Most tanks I see in end game wouldn't have lived if they had 500 more HP. Srsly 500HP is not game breaking. However if you are able to do more DPS as DW frost, I think that'll make a greater difference then 500HP. Which tank will last longer? One with 40000HP raid buffed for the one with 40500HP? Answer, they'll both get basically 3 shotted end game w/o heals.
    That's right, just ignore the fact that the 2 hander is a full tier lower and the other 500hp from SSG (making it a total of 1000hp). DPS is never going to make a difference unless you are losing threat, stamina at least has the potential.

Not to mention we're not just talking 100 STA. VotTW makes that 103. Frost presence kicks it up to 109. Kings and we're up to 120. 1200hp is nothing to just dismiss offhand for a little extra threat, otherwise we'd use DPS trinkets.

ok well personally i don't see endless winter as a PVP talent, i take it because of the free mind freeze so i know i will always have a silence available to me if/when i need it.. also as for now i'm not doing 25 man content because i don't have the time so for mostly 5 man and 10 man encounters if i don't have an enhancement shaman icy talons is pure pwnage.. thought about getting epidemic but most of the time in my rotation ill just reup icy touch and plague strike and pestilence or something soon enough that the extra 6 seconds isn't totally necessary, and as for scent of blood, i also did think it was a great talent but lately i haven't been starved for runic power so i didnt see the need for it.. and you didn't pick up hungering cold which i think is awesome and i even might glyph for it because a free "oh shit" button on multi mob pulls seems win to me, or just a free way to put FF on all targets.. regardless i don't think i'm going DW anytime soon so i'll be sticking with my 2H build

this thread was only meant to show one thing: that DW tanks, post 3.2.2, now get bigger returns from Runestrike than a 2h build does. that's it. that's the only thing the OP was trying to show. he wasn't trying to say that this was the magical silver bullet that would end the DW tanking debate once and for all. He wasn't trying to say that the issues that DW tanking has, such as poor itemization, are now gone. he was only trying to show that DW will now tend to get better dps/tps from Runestrike than 2h will. that's it.

with that being said: it's obvious that blizzard wants DK's to be able to support DW tanking, but they are dragging their feet because they're afraid of alarmists that may tout DW as "superior" to 2h if they buff it too much, especially since there's already tanks out there that are doing it successfully. the ToT change and the addition of a 2.0 weapon speed tanking weapon to the onyxia loot list is evidence that they want to support DW tanking, and are aware of the challnges. they're just taking their sweet time introducing the changes that will finally shut people up.