ToC faction champions - kill order?

As a guild we are enjoying ToC 25 man but have problems on one of the bosses - faction champions. We are by no means PvP orientated which doesn't help but this boss is more of a pain than all the others put together.

Our tatic involved killing 2/3 of the healers then the strong melée DPS. We are thinking of moving to destroying one of the heavy melée DPS first to mitigate it's raid damage, this has worked for us in 10 man runs. This would mean we could take less healers and more DPS too. Does anyone else do it this way?

Re: ToC faction champions - kill order?

we go for the melee guys first while cc'ing the healers and keeping mortal strike up on the main target , works fine for us
    on 10 man we all just jump on a healer and give him no chanse to get anny heal of

its just the mather how good your healers are , if they can manage to keep the raid up while the dps bosses are nuking them then go healers first , if there not so good or have problems then get the rogue or ms warrior out the way first

On normal mode its piss tbh, have your tanks just taunt the melee over and over and stun etc to keep them away from others while taking out the healers and you win.

What we do in my guild is have the tanks keep the melee kited as above and take out one of the squishy dps first, usually the shadow priest. Best way to do this is a double death grip, works wonders.

Have a tank charge in, a dk death grip the shadow priest out, a second dk deathgrip her out further, all dps on nuke the shizz out of him, the double death grip should take her out of healing range making it np, kill healers, kill melee, win.

On heroic it's a bit more complicated as they are immune to all taunts (but the death grip pull effect still works thankfully) and have pvp trinkets to get them out of CC.

My guild just got our first kill on them this week on heroic 25, we had the rogue, warrior and death knight as the melee dps.

I got hungering Cold in my frost spec so I get sent in first to use it on all of them in the pull to force them all to use their pvp trinkets so we could get some CC going.

After that myself and two other death knights were each assigned one of the melee to control using death grips and spamming chains of ice to keep them away from the rest of the raid, while doing this the rest of the raid is concentrating on taking out one of the healers (we took out the disc priest first)

While kiting we would have target of target on and shout on on Vent who each of the melee dps were going for and that person would do all in their power to get away or stop the melee coming for them, druids would cyclone immediately, warlocks shadow fury, paladins HoJ etc in conjunction with the DK kiting.

After the priest was taken out we had the hunter as second kill priority due to his aimed shot causing trouble all over the raid.

After the hunter we went for the warrior as he is the hardest to kite (and my kiting target QQ). He does charge and gets blessing of freedom very often (call out for a dispel obviously) also when he does bladestorm yell on TS for everyone to run away from him as he's immune to death grip and all slowing attacks/CC while spinning.

After the warrior was wtfpwnt I assisted on kiting the death knight, we had rogue on 3rd kill prio due to his annoying use of shadow step and FoK and crap, after he was down the death knight kiting the rogue would come and help on the death knight aswell and the three of us spent the rest of fight keeping him away from the raid and effectively useless.

The raid then proceeded to take out the rest in succession, once a healer and the 3 melee dps are effectively out of the fight it's ez mode tbh. Death Knight was last on the kill prio.

Also you might want your death knights to put on as much tank gear as they can and make them use frost pressence or a tank off spec if they have it and a stoneblood flask, sometimes their kiting targets will suddenly turn on them and if they are unlucky you might have the shadow priest mind flaying you or the mage frost bolting you making escape difficult, and if a kiter dies b4 his target is dead your raid will wipe.

Kiting Tips: I was the hungering cold bitch so I had that to help every minute along with death grip to pull them away, b4 death gripping be smart about it, throw a chains of ice on, retreat to an area where there are few clothies and preferably away from the other faction champions (they tend to work together when they are close together) and then death grip. If your target suddenly turns on you pop defensive cooldowns/healthstones and potions as they can kill you quiet easily if ur not careful. Unholy Dks can make stun macros for their ghouls to help with the control of their target.

I do not know if it is the luck I have had or not. The three times I have downed this event we had a Death Knight with us. Every time we have not, we had no Death Knight. Now I'm not claiming that if you don't have a Death Knight you won't be able to clear the event, but what I'm wondering is what do they have that makes it seem, I guess easier?

Usually we run with the following setup in our 10 mans.

Paladin Tank
    Warrior Tank
    Druid Restoration
    Shaman Restoration
    Paladin Holy
    Hunter Survival
    Mage Arcane

Shaman Elemental (or we have our Shaman Enhancement come in place)
    Warlock Destruction
    Hunter Survival
    Mage Arcane

The first seven is our usual makeup, the last four is any combination of them depending on who all is on and didn't go the week prior.

Our combination is usually the following that we get each week we've had trouble.

Druid Restoration
    Shaman Restoration
    Warrior DPS
    Hunter DPS (or last week we got Priest Shadow)
    Warlock DPS
    Mage DPS (Paladin Retribution last week)

I hate this combination simply because the druid Heal Over Time effects simply heal for a lot while you have the Warrior Rampaging through the raid. Yes our tanks are taunting them off and pulling them to a distance, but then the Warrior will just charge right back into the raid.

We have had to change our plan almost weekly now.

Normally if we get the shammy healer, it dies first. ASAP.

After that we normally go rogue or warrior then a healer then dps then the next 2 healers.

However last week that just would not work. So we just killed 2 healers off the bat then moved onto the warrior and rogue then finished off the other 2 healers. With MS we had no issues and only lost 1 person that way.

So really, try the general kill a healer then dps method. If that doesn't work improvise on what is doing the most damage.

Our 10 man we had to kill the warrior first then the healers this week. So it definitely changes for my guild at least.

Go for melee first. All of them. Killing the healers will eliminate their burst damage. Even with stellar cc, they will break loose and some of them can take out just about anyone in a second or two of burst damage. The ret pally is their biggest burst damager, so if you ever have one, he/she needs to die first, and I'd put warrior at second (or first i no ret pally).

10 and 25 man we always prioritize the rogue, him FoKing and applying poisons to everyone is a pain, not to mention he can destroy a clothie. Next we take out the warlock, once he is dead healers can now cleanse whatever they want without worrying about UA. After that we just take out the healers 1 by 1, and then the rest of the group.

We usually have a tank or two kiting the DK/Warrior around, and a rogue on each healer.

We also make sure to have locks and boomkins throw their DoT's up on the lock/hunter pet, prompting the healers to waste heals on them.

Last thing, make sure you assign a shadowpriest/dps shaman to just spam purge/dispell on the focus target. That way reknew/druid HoT's/Earthshield and other uninteruptable heals do not heal for anything.