New Idea for Elemental Shaman

Just a suggestion that I think would be quite cool.

I really like what they have done with the new Chain Lightning animation, it looks freakin awesome, especially when lightning overload procs.

However i still think Lightning Bolt makes us look like a turret pew pew'ing little white pom-poms which I'm sure when i was like 6, would have believed looked like awesome balls of lightning.

Imo, I think shaman would look wayyy cooler on the whole if our bread and butter spell, lightning bolt, got its animation changed to the current chain lighting animation, just without the jumping to additional targets part.

Because hey, the spell is called Lightning BOLT, not Lightning BALL....

What would the chain lightning animation be then? you ask. Well I dunno maybe something like what it is at the moment (which is what I am proposing lightning bolt now look like), except maybe 5-6 arcs of lightning are diverging from the shamans hand, spin and twirl or whatever through the air, then converge back together to strike the target, followed by hitting the 2nd target with 1 less of the lighting arcs that hit the first and 2 less on the third target etc etc....

Hmm probably shoulda have mentioned this is really only going out to the ele shammys out there...

1 problem i thought they may have when implementing this (hey I can hope cant I), is that it may be too demanding on graphics, having say 15 (unlikely) shaman in a raid all spamming the new lightning bolt, which now has the same animation as chain lightning... It would look awesome but may kill the framerates of a lot of peoples screens... or maybe i am completely off and it would make no difference at all.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Idea for Elemental Shaman

The constant Chain Lightning animation would get real tiring real quickly. Lightning Bolt is in desperate need of a facelift though. With amazing looking spells like Lava Burst, Warlock Chaos Bolt, Mage Frostfire, etc, the old spells have been completely left behind graphically. I'd like something a little more dynamic than the current ball of light animation.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: New Idea for Elemental Shaman

A lot of spells can use a new change, not just ours. However, didn't they change the look of Chain Lightning already with all the other beam-like effect spells (Mindflay, Drain Mana, Drain Health, Drain Soul)?

Perhaps as they are working on Cataclysm's facelift of Azeroth, they could spice up the spell graphics as well. I mean... might as well do it now while they are revamping a lot instead of later in a patch, am I right?
    :3