Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Micke

Re: Incanter's Absorption for twins 25 heroic.

for twins you only need 1 or 2 points in IA (cant remember exactly) outside of the twins fight IA has a questionable use, it all depends on you either taking fire/frost dmg to use fire/frost ward or havin a discipline priest/healer with legendary mace

and just cuz u have either of those doesnt mean you would even get a shield from them, if they are for example just healing the tank all fight. speaking to them and asking them to shield you every now and then is an option though but dont expect them to do it

if you have a raidhealer with legendary mace then thats great though

also pallies sacred shield or w/e its called works aswell so again you have to ask to get it

//soete

If it is for twins you only need one point, regardless of the points you put in to IA the hp cap of the total amount of SP you can gain remains the same.
    And since during twins you reach the cap quickly and stay there only one point is required in IA.

Keep in mind that it procs from any kind of absorb you make let it be mana shields fire or frost wards or shields from priests or even from a valanyre proc [the epic mace never really got the spelling for it]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

So Besides the Twin fight, do people typically only use incanters Absorb on fights where we take frost or fire damage? Or do you use it in other fights too, and use mana shield?

Quote Originally Posted by irismoon
    So Besides the Twin fight, do people typically only use incanters Absorb on fights where we take frost or fire damage? Or do you use it in other fights too, and use mana shield?
    incanter's is in my standard spec. it comes in handy if you use a disc priest (who doesnt?) or even have a legendary mace. fire ward on jaraxxus and beasts is great. wont do much for you on FC's. its fucking glorious for twins and has its moments on anub (especially when combined with the warding talent in frost for free mana on anub debuff dmg <3). however, there are only two suplemental points for arcane in my opinion, and you can either go for IA or for MA. Once you start going for both, you drop more valuable talents like clearcasting, arcane mind, or mind mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymage
    Maybe you missed the part where i said 18-20k unresisted, meaning before reductions, resists etc.
    if your in a raid with no resists that raid has bigger problems than using mages to absorb balls, problems like why the pally tank thinks righteous fury is for scrubs or why the dk thinks dg adds to his dps

my point is you wont find that in a raid thats even attempting twins on H25 so your point is moot

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    if your in a raid with no resists that raid has bigger problems than using mages to absorb balls, problems like why the pally tank thinks righteous fury is for scrubs or why the dk thinks dg adds to his dps

my point is you wont find that in a raid thats even attempting twins on H25 so your point is moot
    not to mention hes mistaken. 14k-15k unresisted. checked my logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourika
    My guild is doing twins on heroic 25man, and i was wondering whats the best spec with [Incanter's Absorption] so far im thinking about going full arcane or go with a spec something like this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vc...hZ0Ec0RhIhV0bh since ignite is dobble dipping. Any ideas?
    Why full arcane, Icy Veins is too good to pass up.

All mages in my guild have Incanter's absorption in their standard arcane specs, it's useful enough in other fights too.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymage
    I dont get why people want to use mages to grab balls. Mages are generally the people with the lowest hp and frankly you might be able to get away with it in normal twins, but since the topic is about heroic version, where the balls hit for around 18-20k each unresisted.

And since ignite is double dipping, i doubt arcane will be able to outperform fire(havent seen 3.2.2 arc mages in action yet tho).

Last twins heroic kill i ended with more than 12k dps and the other mage around 11k. Both fire.
    Arcane outdps's Fire in every fight that's stand there and dps. Twins is no exeption. On every attempt / kill my guild had so far, arcane mages were always 11-12k dps. Fire would go between 9-11k.

Oh, and to everyone out there. Incanter's absorption will cap at 2/3. The 3rd point is wasted.

Incanter's Absorbation is an awesome talent, no matter what fight. There's plenty of fights that deal Fire or Frost damage in both Ulduar and Coliseum. Popping your Fire/Frost Ward at the right time can return you a large amount of mana, I've seen returns up to 8k, and this will also increase your spellpower by 15% of your health.

Fully buffed in raiding scenarios, I tend to have around 22 to 23 thousand health.

22.000 / 100 = 220 * 5 = 1100. This means that if your guild has a Val'anyr, Discipline Priest or any other form of damage absorbing ability, that you'll basically have another full 1000 spellpower. For Arcane, that's huge scaling.

This way, I tend to always do 11k or more on Twin Valkyrs, simply because of it constantly procced. Using Fire Ward along with it, means that you'll have a constant stream of mana being returned as well.

Not sure why yall are coming on here and attacking other players when they are simply asking questions or opinions.

IA is amazing for twins, tailor made some may say. 2/3 is all you really need like it has been said before, but you really have to be lucky and not be the orb grabber to do really top end dps...otherwise you end up doing pretty good dps, as long as you don't die to stupid stuff.

My guild uses 8 casters (YES CLOTHIES) to grab orbs, this includes me, a mage. We use the cleave technique stacking the twins in the middle of the room. All the melee is black our grabbers are white. We let as many black orbs get to the melee as possible and grab up all the white before they get there. Bloodlust on the Black's Twin's Pack, and hope for good RNG. It really isn't a difficult fight if you pay attention and make good judgement decisions about the orbs. As a clothie, it's totally doable you just have to be on your toes, experience little lag, and don't dive head long into groups of 4 black orbs for one white orb. As a orb grabber I still managed 13k dps and topped the meters on our last kill.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=1738&e=1996
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aggus&n=Mizzor

Quote Originally Posted by Listorian
    Popping your Fire/Frost Ward at the right time can return you a large amount of mana, I've seen returns up to 8k
    This is actually a different talent, and i got my full mana pool from it procing off of an entire frost blast back before the arcane nerf during naxx. lolgg.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    This is actually a different talent, and i got my full mana pool from it procing off of an entire frost blast back before the arcane nerf during naxx. lolgg.
    Haha yep, frost warding is an amazing talent! I got several 15k mana returns from mines on Mimiron.