Re: Biggest Kill Shot crit

:-*

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

unhappy ferocity pet is bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by cidic
    I've seen ks crits on the students around there as well from other classes. If I remember correctly it's the debuff? they have once the Instructor is dead that gives you that high of a crit. But it's nothing off the wall I've heard our mages hit that hard as well as pallies.
    That hard? A few hundred thousand? For a mage? What a joke.

Back when we still ran naxx (so in naxx gear) on my mage I hit a 1.4 million arcane blast on an understudy. Meant to fraps it, but fraps was failing me at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    That hard? A few hundred thousand? For a mage? What a joke.

Back when we still ran naxx (so in naxx gear) on my mage I hit a 1.4 million arcane blast on an understudy. Meant to fraps it, but fraps was failing me at the time.
    So, 5000% damage increase leading to 1.4 million damage arcane blast means without buff your blast would have hit for...

1400000 / 51 = 27,450. So someone getting a good killshot in during then should see a similar value

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

to date, my biggest kill shot is 16,746 on Ony 10.

as far as gimmick fights, I got a 37k kill shot in the Undercity event.
    - Rogues do it from behind

Quote Originally Posted by alienangel
    So, 5000% damage increase leading to 1.4 million damage arcane blast means without buff your blast would have hit for...

1400000 / 51 = 27,450. So someone getting a good killshot in during then should see a similar value
    Oh snap
    2g says that he won't respond to that one

6.4k at level 71 against a level 78 warlock(who had about 10k health)

Ok so not as big as some of the others in this thread but I was rather proud since I'd just gotten the spell ;D
    Usuallu critting for about 4k but that time I was under the effect of TBW and another few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kexmeister
    Oh snap
    2g says that he won't respond to that one
    Well, I was trying to call him out, but if I'm doing the math right, his number doesn't seem unreasonable (assuming the tooltip value of the debuff is correct and you hit for 51 times normal damage). 27k arcane blast doesn't sound too outlandish, does it?

More to the point, we know 27k killshots are completely reasonable, so if the buff does add 5000% damage, there should be 1.4 million damage killshots happening too :O Not seeing any of those is the only thing making me think I screwed up the math somewhere dumb.