Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Faction Champions (10) Heroic Help

Alright, been having trouble with these fellas.

Our group composition:

-Elemental Shaman (Me)
    -Resto Shaman (Ele Offspec)
    -Resto Druid
    -Disc Priest(Shadow Offspec)
    -Feral Druid
    -Death Knight
    -Hunter
    -Enhance Shaman
    -Rogue
    -Prot Paladin (Holy for this fight)
    -Destro Warlock

I realise there are 11, it is our 10man Roster.

The Faction Champions:

-Mage.
    -Warrior
    -Death Knight
    -Hunter
    -Resto Shaman
    -Holy Paladin.

We had the Priest and Shaman go DPS and have the Paladin heal with our Resto Druid mainly cycloning/healing.
    Ok we have tried killing the Shaman first, keeping the Rogue on the Paladin for interupts.
    We would get the Shaman down, and then shit fell apart and people died.
    Tried getting Warrior next, people died.

What would you recommend for this, and who do you think we should sit?
    With this comp, CC is limited, who should die first and what CC's should be on what.

Any information is appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Faction Champions (10) Heroic Help

Put your rogue on their healer, keep the heals interuppted. Burn down the pet(if any) first, then blow bloodlust/heroism burn down the other healer. Kill 2nd healer. If there is a shaman still up kill it, take out their melee next. Any ranged after that should be easy.

The start of this fight is the hardest, once you get through it you should be fine. Everyone should be CCing, cleansing, dispelling their balls off initially. After those healers go down, it should be easymode. They also nerfed the dmg done by faction champions, so that will help you too. Also, they are tauntable, so have your plate wearers throw out taunts, but they are subject to diminishing returns just like your CC is.

Good luck.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

In my opinion it is always easier to kill their hardest hitting dps first. Your hunter should be using Aimed shot every CD on the burn target. Then just burn burn burn..... control the pally healer w/ the rogue and make sure everyone is watching for offensive dispels to take hots off the burn. At 30% or so your priest should be waiting to mass dispel the BOP that the pally will put on your burn target, then finish that target off. Really once the hardest hitting dps is down the fight because soooo much easier. Then go to the next dps, the next, the next...... once you just have healers is a joke.

I would use this Burn order:

Hunter
    Warrior
    Mage or DK
    Last DPS
    Healer
    Healer

well having used 30 attempts on these bastards teh first week we did 10man heroic I think we have a good grasp on it now.

Having a DK makes this much MUCH easier and since you have one I'll give you our strategy.

First of all you really only need 2 healers. But the disc priest doing NOTHING BUT MASS DISPEL will greatly help you. I mean literally nothing but mass dispel. MAYBE a penance here and there. when he isnt mass dispelling have him spamming Dispel Magic on the target you're killing (get rid of riptide,earthshield)

Have your death knight go to the far right pillar and Death Grip the resto shaman when you initiate the pull and chain of ice him there, keep him chained/stunned/strangulated as much as possible and when he gets closer to the raid and able to heal, run max range to the right and death grip again. Repeat that entire fight.

Have either a druid cycloning the Holy paladin or the warlock chain fearing him / death coil , use a felhunter even if he is destro to spell lock it helps.

The main thing and I cant stress this enough and you should melt it into your raiders heads --- Keep yourself alive!!! Everybody is responsible for themselves and paladins should be tossing BOPs. Use your pots, healthstone and RUN AWAY from the melee dps they have. Even YOUR MELEE DPS need to run, no body should get hit by bladestorm. just run until they get off you then resume dps.

Sorry for the fragmented paragraphs, lock down the healers (dont worry about your dps loss) and kill the melee dps off 1 at a time then the mage then the hunter and your golden.

So they have a Range on Heals? I always thought they could heal from any range...

We tried killing the DPS first, the Hunter and it got to around 30% and we had a few dead.
    People are dying way too early in the fight...

you should kill the shaman first (earth shield heals a SHIT TON like 100K a time and NEEDS to be purged ASAP, same with riptide). Dispel BOP also ASAP. keep up aimed when u can.

the paladin is not so bad, since he only casts big heals, not instants (like hots, or rly fast casts )
    so u can go for their DPS next possibly, it might help.
    Remember to use BL on the shaman, after the shaman is dead, stick the DK on interupts on their caster for less dmg, it should be pretty easier on there after u down the first few..

Have your DK or other tank/plate ccing the warrior as much as possible and keeping him off the clothies. Nuke 1 of the healers and then go to the second highest dps next to the warrior (probably the mage or hunter). From my experience the warrior really is one of the most annoying classes to have, but having me on him (as a DK) chaining him constantly and death gripping, allows the other dps to kill the remaining dps/healers.
    You can have your rogue on the healer you keep alive and keeping him interrupted

That's usually the way we do it, we've had harder setups and still 1 shot them. Good luck to you guys.

So we plan on doing this after a Guild Discussion:

Kill order - Shaman>Warrior>Hunter>Death Knight>Mage>Paladin

Rogue on Paladin full time.

Death Knight kiting the Warrior around.

Warlock keeping the Death Knight occupied with Resto Druid throwing Cyclones up if need be.

Feral Druid sitting on the Hunter stunning as much as possible and Cyclones.

Enh Shaman - Ele Shaman - Hunter - Shadow Priest on the Shaman for the burn.

Would that work out well?

We have done them 3 times in a row,they seem pretty easy i can just give you some tips:
    -ALWAYS have a priest mass dispelling
    -Kill healers as fast as possible,that's why we used hero at pull
    -And the most important thing :You must not die untill the healers are down,if not it's wipe 100%
    Hope it helped

Always kill the most dangerous DPS first, you can lock down healers without killing them and have enough dps to bring down the kill target. Generally if there's a DK we get him first cause he keeps death gripping healers into the fray which is dangerous.

I'm a prot warrior and I stick on a healer myself then we usually have a rogue or warrior on the other for stuns + interupts + debuffs. I can usually lock a healer down for the duration of the first targets life if I use intimidating shout > shield bash > concussion blow > shield bash > shockwave > shield bash > heroic throw so prot warriors are hand in this for control. Generally the only annoying healer is the druid but he still tries to put out a lot of cast spells so he can be fairly well controlled. Once the first DPS is dead there's much less raid damage (around 25% less infact! ) and you can get the next DPS. Once two DPS are down it's up to you what you take but it's pretty much a kill when you get to that stage with 9 or 10 people still alive.

Deleted

Well people seem to have diffrent opinions on this but this is how our guild would do it.

What to CC and how
    Fear the holy paladin. Just keep him feared untill the first target is dead and then have the warlock fear something else.
    Let your druid take care of the Warrior just root/cyclone him. He should be stuck most of the time. But be careful of his bladestorm.
    Let your hunter trap their hunter in a freezing trap. You don´t want him aimed shotting people.
    Just let your tank deal with the mage and DK. Just keep the DK slowed at all times and try to interrupt the mage when possible.
    Sap the Dk at the start.
    If any champion gets out of controll just hex or blind him. This fight isn´t about making max dps it´s about CCing.

The pull
    Let the rogue sap. After that it´s nice to have a warrior charge in and fear. After that let the DK deathgrip the dps target away. This way the dps group will get max distance from the rest of the champions.

First kill the shaman no need for cc just purge and interrupt his heals. Use heroism when you start dpsing him to kill him as fast as possible.

Second go for the paladin. Remember to always have a MS effect up and interrupt all casts this goes for all the champions when you kill them. Here the Warlock should change fear target to either the mage or dk.

Third go for the hunter to get rid of that annoying aimed shot that gives MS effect. Here the hunter can start helping out with trapping the warrior.

Fourth go for the Warrior. While doing this remember to Disarm him whenever you can. He can´t start his annoying bladestorm or put up a MS effect while Disarmed. Here the hunter can start using his trap on the Dk and the warlock can focus on only fearing the mage.

Fifth go for the DK just get him down basicly. If you can Disarm him.

Last but not least kill the annoying mage.

Things to be noted is that you should never have the shamans in the same group for the +hit "if you play alliance" and if you get rogue/warlock you can have tremor/cleansing for both groups because they are not raid wide only group wide. If you have a priest in the group let him mass dispel their heroism and the paladins bubble. No need to make anymore mass dispels than that in 10 man.

I hope this helped!

What we learned from the heroic fight, is that they have trinkets (2 lockouts I think). We used a warrior to charge in and fear them with shout. Then we started CC/dps.

15+ Year Old Account

I always tank the nasties dpser on faction champsions. Works like a charm. Once it becomes immune to taunt I switch to stuns, once he's immune to stuns taunt immunity should be almost gone.

I was told that they are immune to taunt in heroic mode. Am I misinformed? That would make the fight a LOT easier....

Was also told they were immune to taunts on the Heroic Version, can anyone confirm?

i would say your pala to sit it out) - start with putting the enhancement shamen on the paladin and everyone else on the shamen. BL to start with and nuke the shamen dead, this means they lose a healer + totems = good. Have the fight started by your DK gripping the shamen as far away from everyone as possible, and either your lock or priest fear bomb the remaining. if your rogue is able to then have him keep mind numbing on both the healers.

your feral druid should be able to solo handle the warrior - charge bash roots cyclone pretty much has him at 100% lockdown time for us.

after the shamen dies, ignore the paladin - this is where the fight slows down a bit. you have a few options - if your feral is good enough at keeping the warrior away then ignore him, if not put your ranged on him and the melee on the mage.

I'd go for the mage second personally and hope your feral does his job, as you all peel off from the shamen, move your DK to their DK (should have had him on focus and chains permanently on him btw) after the mage go to hunter, then DK then warrior then paladin (if the paladin isnt already dead that is)

strategy 2 :

rogue goes on shamen, enhancement shamen goes on the paladin your priest goes shadow and all nuke goes on the mage first, if you can have your other interupters with a focus on one of the healers you can pretty much lock healers out of this game completely, its a slower burn but can be a little easier

kill order would then be mage > hunter > DK > warrior (again with feral locking the warrior down

doingit the second way is probably more likely to result in the healers dying from their interuptors meaning less to have to focus burst.

We've done it both ways and had good results with each, but again our feral done an awesome job on the warrior so we only ever faced 3 dps
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

They are immune to taunt, you'll have to use stuns/ensnares/fears and all that instead.

have your rogue spec into imp FoK(forget the name of it >.>) just for that fight, the interupt on it is just stupid
    we had 2 rogues do that spec on 25 and the fight was 10x easier than with 1 rogue in his combat spec
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

1.) read tactics again, you must underastand who and what must do, upload your wipe logs to log parser ( wol for example )
    2.) spend few hours to analyse them
    3.) gkick few retards
    4.) pick new from lfg
    5.) kill boss at 1 pull

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    have your rogue spec into imp FoK(forget the name of it >.>) just for that fight, the interupt on it is just stupid
    we had 2 rogues do that spec on 25 and the fight was 10x easier than with 1 rogue in his combat spec
    No longer works in 3.2.2