Thread: HotR and SoC

10+ Year Old Account

HotR and SoC

Doing the trash before Confessor in H ToC5 and noticed that Hammer of the Righteous seemed to be applying the Corruption DoT onto all 3 targets. I don't remember reading about this change but could be related to HotR being changed to physical damage. Did I miss some patch note somewhere or have I just never noticed it until now?
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Re: HotR and SoC

HotR has always done this.

Seal of Vengeance and Seal of Corruption: These seals have been redesigned. Only auto-attacks and Hammer of the Righteous can place the debuff on the paladin's current target(s). However, while the seal is active, each melee swing or ability (excluding judgements) that lands on the target will deal a percentage of weapon damage as Holy damage to the target. This damage maxes out at 33% weapon damage with 5 applications of the debuff and scales upward evenly based on how many applications of the debuff are active. This Holy damage deals double-damage critical strikes. In addition, the damage-over-time debuff is now considered a melee attack for the purposes of determining its chance to hit, miss, be dodged or parried.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya
    I don't remember reading about this change but could be related to HotR being changed to physical damage. Did I miss some patch note somewhere or have I just never noticed it until now?
    I know of the holy/physical change you are referencing, but the last update I saw on this canceled the change to physical. HotR should still do holy damage unless the patch notes lied.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

It has done this since SoV/C was changed. You've just been missing it, dude.

On a side note, I was getting ready to flame the shit out of you for talking about SoC(ommand) and HotR. Enough threads about "Is SoComm good for tanking now?" UGH. Sorry. /endrant.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I feel kinda silly not realizing it before. Guess I just now noticed it because 3.2.2 reset all my addons and my warlocks DoT timer stayed up when I was tanking, showing me the multiple targets with debuffs.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I know of the holy/physical change you are referencing, but the last update I saw on this canceled the change to physical. HotR should still do holy damage unless the patch notes lied.
    For 3.2.2, they were going to change the dmg to physical, but they decided not to. It never made it live. With our other threat nerfs, changing HotR to physical dmg would have hurt us a way too much.

That said, I did enjoy thorwing some strength gems in my gear replacing some of my stam gems. I felt like I was getting more out of my gear as I got some of the socket bonuses. Though, getting that sweet Scarab Trinket last night didn't hurt my stamina woes
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.