Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: What is with all you people crying about casuals getting loot/mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by dotsrus
    See even thru that wall of text, you have to brag about your stuff. Pro tip, no body cares what you have achieved. Back to my point, its just a video game. Alot of hardcore players hold that same attitude. So what if "of the nightfall" is a popular title, if you are so 1337, don't you have others to fall back on?
    Here we go, typical casual. That post was too much reading for your tiny casual brain to grasp? Did it take too long for your casual attention span? Casuals are the ones that join a PuG raid and leave after the first wipe. Casuals won't fly to the instance so the raid can start promptly, they will wait for a summon. Casuals won't tank or heal. Casuals won't go after objectives in battlegrounds and will go after the nearest red. Casuals won't repair even if there is a repair guy just inside the door of an instance and will hold up the raid while they hearth. Casuals don't read boss tactics and need the raid leader to explain it. Casuals won't pay attention when the raid leader explains tactics, fuck it up and leave because of a wipe.

The very word casual implies you are not making as much effort as those who take the game more seriously. The amount of money you are paying for this game is nothing and should have no bearing on the rewards. I'm not suggesting that everyone be a hardcore raider and play 4+ hours per night, but I am suggesting that if you play less than someone else, don't expect to get the same rewards. And if you do play less you shouldn't give the game any less of your attention when you do play. Don't afk autoshoot and give the excuse that you pay your money and are as entitled to rewards as the next player.

WotLK has seen a hideous increase in the number of players that I described above because it dumbed everything down to facerolling levels. The effort to make more raids PuGgable has lead to more retards who expect epics for nothing. If their expectations aren't met they log off and couldn't give a shit about the rest of the raid who have to find a replacement and recover from their bullshit antics.

I have no sympathy at all for you OP, and suggest you go and play Xbox.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

to sum it all up

IT IS A VIDEO GAME

NERD RAGE = UNATTRACTIVE TO GIRLS

you elitists are almost as bad as the 5 year old on halo get a life if all you care about is World of Warcraft

I liked what they did with plagued proto drake. They should have done the same thing with rusted/ironbound drakes too since its so much easier to get after 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by apostate
    So it's about personal achievement and knowing that you did it the hard way? Then congrats, you already have everything you need. It's about YOU clearing the content earlier and in a harder fashion?

Then stop caring about how other people achieve their gear/titles.

You either don't know what the word personal means, or you are trying not to sound like a douche for getting bent out of shape for other people getting gear/titles. So which is it?
    There should be various degrees of rewards, for different skill levels or time spent.
    Talking about Nightfall here, if you had to spend several nights wiping on the boss before finnaly downing it, and then 1 month later some guys who never even tried went there and downed it the easy way, I'm sure you'd be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    Here we go, typical casual. That post was too much reading for your tiny casual brain to grasp? Did it take too long for your casual attention span? Casuals are the ones that join a PuG raid and leave after the first wipe. Casuals won't fly to the instance so the raid can start promptly, they will wait for a summon. Casuals won't tank or heal. Casuals won't go after objectives in battlegrounds and will go after the nearest red. Casuals won't repair even if there is a repair guy just inside the door of an instance and will hold up the raid while they hearth. Casuals don't read boss tactics and need the raid leader to explain it. Casuals won't pay attention when the raid leader explains tactics, fuck it up and leave because of a wipe.

The very word casual implies you are not making as much effort as those who take the game more seriously. The amount of money you are paying for this game is nothing and should have no bearing on the rewards. I'm not suggesting that everyone be a hardcore raider and play 4+ hours per night, but I am suggesting that if you play less than someone else, don't expect to get the same rewards. And if you do play less you shouldn't give the game any less of your attention when you do play. Don't afk autoshoot and give the excuse that you pay your money and are as entitled to rewards as the next player.

WotLK has seen a hideous increase in the number of players that I described above because it dumbed everything down to facerolling levels. The effort to make more raids PuGgable has lead to more retards who expect epics for nothing. If their expectations aren't met they log off and couldn't give a shit about the rest of the raid who have to find a replacement and recover from their bullshit antics.

I have no sympathy at all for you OP, and suggest you go and play Xbox.
    lawl thats quite possibly the funniest thing i have EVER seen i also have never seen someone talk out their ass soo much i ROFLMAO'ed at this

You sir deserve an award for most made up bull shit EVER
    /claps

Just to break it to you casual doesn't=bad. It is quite possible to pug everything in the game except for 25 man hardmodes. Most casuals don't leave on a first wipe. Of course you have to attack someone's playstyle because you are a hardcore. You seriously believe that you are entitled to everything just because you lack social skills, and probally have no life.
    You're right about the casual != bad thing, but did you have to play the nolifer card?
    Let's say you play 1 hour a day. You get your gear, your mounts, your achievements, whatever. Wouldn't it be rational to think you should get more/better stuff if you started playing 2 hours a day instead of 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Alacer
    You're right about the casual != bad thing, but did you have to play the nolifer card?
    Let's say you play 1 hour a day. You get your gear, your mounts, your achievements, whatever. Wouldn't it be rational to think you should get more/better stuff if you started playing 2 hours a day instead of 1?
    Greed is a sin sir and you are one greedy man

By the way, I think "casuals" (as in, good players who don't have that much time to play) should get about the same rewards as the "hardcore players", although later.
    BAD players, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by TokugawaShogun
    Greed is a sin sir and you are one greedy man
    It would be greedy if I expected the same rewards while putting less effort, which is what you're doing.

15$ from a casual=15$ from a hardcore player

Why can't the casual enjoy the same things as a hardcore player. It may take longer to get, but they will still get satisfaction from it. Why must hardcore players belittle casuals?

The people who crusade about mounts being removed, or brag about their server 1sts. Why? It doesn't matter.

Its the casual(the majority of the playerbase), who makes this game work. It doesn't revolve around the hardcore, basement dweling crowd.

By the way, I think "casuals" (as in, good players who don't have that much time to play) should get about the same rewards as the "hardcore players", although later.
    BAD players, on the other hand...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I have been a part of a fairly decent raiding guild for a while. Time was invested and effort put forth. What we got out of it reward wise was in equal portion. Its not about QQing that casual players can get some of the same gear.

However the more hardcore raiders deserve equal reward for the time and effort they put in - be it the form of drakes, titles or gear that drops. Thats what they play for - the server firsts, rare mounts and gear that you can only get by taking on the hard modes and challenges added to the game.

I do however object to players regardless of status hardcore or causal - looking down on people who cant invest the time to accomplish the same things. If your just a bad player - your reputation will follow you might take a pug or two. We have one on my server a loud mouth paladin who is utterly clueless on how to play his class... He is retribution spec'd who uses a tank sword and shield. People tend to not group with people like that. Its just common sense.

I do agree on not rewarding people who repeatedly make the same mistakes - standing in fire - doing blatantly stupid things. Have i died on a pull? yep i have done it once or twice. But i try like hell to not have it happen again. Have i seen people stand in the fire repeatedly and still get gear yep. i don't agree with it, but i am not the raid leader. Do we have a few players in my guild that get carried? yup but again i am not the raid leader. However i have been in this guild for a couple years and i know everyone very well and trust them. That makes a huge difference in my book.
    Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise.

Sophocles.

It would be greedy if I expected the same rewards while putting less effort, which is what you're doing.
    i put less effort? i put effort into every raid every heroic even sir i am a hardcore casual i like to get things done when i can as a casual i put forth every bit of effort i can while raiding whether it be with raid food or whatever doesnt matter i sir am proud to be a casual

its just a game get off your high horse and go diaf sometime cause your not that great what do you get in RL from all these world firsts and what not NOTHING no refund of your 15$ nothing gtfo cause you dont seem to realize its a game and its NOT like rl if blizzard says hey we want to allow these guys to be able to do this but NOT this (hard modes) then they can. GET OVER IT its not your game and you get NOTHING in return for all your hardcoreness girls don't like you more most likely like you less soo just get over yourselves and move out of the basement the sun gives you vital vitamins to survive

Some people have extra sad lives and have to feel special in this game. I guess it's the only way that they can live with themselves.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

I think the game is just too easy now, i have nothing against, that the game has easy parts. But it also needs challenging events and dungeons, that hardcore players can play..

For example. The new Onyxia boss game out yesterday, and we downed 25man in 2nd try, and 10 man in first try, with one healer down from the start.. Even Yogg-Saron HARD MODE (0 keepers) + Algalon, has been pugged on Al'Akir...

This is seriously rediculous, i seriously can't wait 'till Cataclysm, when we get Path of Titans!
    THESE NEW RAIDS HAVE TO EZ EASY MODES, AND TOO HARD HARD MODES. WHILE WE STILL GET THE HARDMODES DOWN, WAIT 1 MONTH FOR BLIZZARD TO NERF THEM SO THAT EVERY1 NOT ONLY GETS TO EXPERIANCE EASY MODES BUT ALSO GETS TO EXPERIANCE HARD MODES TOO....

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Some people have extra sad lives and have to feel special in this game. I guess it's the only way that they can live with themselves.
    I just can't argue with such stupid, close minded comment.

Quote Originally Posted by emil0s
    I think the game is just too easy now, i have nothing against, that the game has easy parts. But it also needs challenging events and dungeons, that hardcore players can play..

For example. The new Onyxia boss game out yesterday, and we downed 25man in 2nd try, and 10 man in first try, with one healer down from the start.. Even Yogg-Saron HARD MODE (0 keepers) + Algalon, has been pugged on Al'Akir...

This is seriously rediculous, i seriously can't wait 'till Cataclysm, when we get Path of Titans!
    Ony isn't supposed to be hard, she's an event boss.

You speak the truth my casual brother ;D! I find it to be more fun to raid with casual players, they have a better attitude than the hardcore crowd. Hardcore players always find faults in players, point out low dps, or brag about their achievements. Casuals should be entitled to everything hardcore players get.
    lol like CLEAR VENT ITS NAXX SRZ BZ wow come on really naxx is a joke a J O K E even for casuals seriously loosen your grip on your E peens you elitist dirtbags

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Seriously, why do you care? The casual player's 15$ is worth just as much as yours. Why can't he be entitled to a rusted or iron bound drake. You l337 hardcores can still prove that you got yours earlier with the achievement system. So what if he gets as geared as you. Is he threatening your position in the raid? Not like you basement dwellers play with normal people. You will still get your server 1st's. They just aren't worth anything.

Why do you take this game so seriously?
    Of course his $15 or €13 is worth the same. What i think is that money you pay shouldn't entitle you to anything in WoW (as oposed to the real world). Otherwise the next logical step could be that you can buy items with $ or €.

I just can't argue with such stupid, close minded comment.
    It may be, but it's also true. Nobody should have to raid 4 hours a day, 5 days a week to get good loot. I used to do that, it sucked. Even now, I don't look down on the people that got the "easy mode" loot, I didn't back then either. I don't care what other people have or do, I got my stuff and that's all I care about. Anyone who whines has some serious issues with their lives.

My question to you is, why should only hardcore players have acess to proto drakes or the best loot?
    I hate to break it to you, but everyone has access to everything as long as you pay your subscription. It's just about how much you are willing to put effort into it.

After all, it's quite much about how you treat WoW; as a proper hobby (just like football, hockey, whatever) or just something you do when you don't have anything else to do. If you do infact think of it as a proper hobby, you are willing to schedule say, two nights a week for it. Then again, if you go by the attitude "it's just a game", of course you won't be willing to commit to a schedule ingame, thus lowring your chances of tackling the hardmode content etc. by a lot.

And btw, if hardcores are greedy wanting exclusive stuff, well guess what, so are "casuals" wanting to be able to see everything just because they pay the monthly fee.

For me, and for many others, hardmodes are not content, simply because I don't care about those silly achievements / titles / whatever. I want that my effort is rewarded with seeing new cool places (and killing cool NEW bosses), that's my motivation for raiding at least. Or well, it was, nowadays I don't really care anymore, Ulduar was old in less than a month, Colosseum in a week. Whereas Sunwell was interesting for a looong time, simply because I had some unseen bosses left.