Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Frost Mage / Frost Mage - 2v2

Is there really anyway to beat them?

im playing Resto Druid / Rogue - when my rogue is out of CloS, he is just freezed to the ground :P

so they blink around having an good time switching dps between me and the rouge until they Silence me and burst the rogue to death.

help qq ?
    Quote for reply

Re: Frost Mage / Frost Mage - 2v2

for shaman/warrior it's basically the same. without passive dispel/BoF, you're kind of autoscrewed.
    This user has been banned.

THE DAY HAS COME!!!!! Someone is complaining about mages :Ð
    On the other not I think good cyclone blind after trinkets and blocks should do the trick if rogues survives long enough ( u can cyclone and travel form abuse for NO dmg on you and cyclone will stop the dps on rogue and give time for you to heal)

you will NEVER get even one of them into ice block unless they suck very hard.

If its on any other map then ogrimmar arena I'd say stop crying and kite like a real "pro". Like its hard if you pillar hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgreks
    If its on any other map then ogrimmar arena I'd say stop crying and kite like a real "pro". Like its hard if you pillar hump.
    pillar humping alone won't get you anywhere as the mages can both nuke down your DPS or get you oom if they know what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by glhyphic
    THE DAY HAS COME!!!!! Someone is complaining about mages :Ð
    On the other not I think good cyclone blind after trinkets and blocks should do the trick if rogues survives long enough ( u can cyclone and travel form abuse for NO dmg on you and cyclone will stop the dps on rogue and give time for you to heal)
    Main problem is that i cant keep cyclone both with out having them go on DR immnuity and they will still be able to freeze the rogue to place meanwhile im cycloning the other :P
    Quote for reply

Only thing double mage is really good at is double DPS teams. With 80% of any healer DPS team outlives the mages one way or the other. Comming back to the first post with single CD's a rogue can force a mage to iceblock if the druid is smart enough to root and cyclone defencively the rogue can jackhammer a mage in 30 secs flat. speaking in equally geared terms.

10+ Year Old Account

Only thing double mage is really good at is double DPS teams. With 80% of any healer DPS team outlives the mages one way or the other. Comming back to the first post with single CD's a rogue can force a mage to iceblock if the druid is smart enough to root and cyclone defencively the rogue can jackhammer a mage in 30 secs flat. speaking in equally geared terms.
    Yeah well the rogue is combat, so these 30 sec you are talking about, he is freezed somewhere around the other side of the map <.<

i mean, as a druid im immune to Sheep, so they can only silence me from time to time, So the main problem is how to get the rogue on the mages, since he is just frozen all the time.
    Quote for reply

Combat isnt made to be played with a healer period. Get a mutilate rogue and remove your thread.

10+ Year Old Account

Combat isnt made to be played with a healer period. Get a mutilate rogue and remove your thread.
    Haha well, it works quite well (im trying to get him to go mutilate, he got quite fine daggers thb - but he claims to do no dmg then)
    Quote for reply

Hah I found the problem let me gues hes a PVE scrub and playing with recount? :P tell him to toggle it off for a while go mutilate and compare the results.

10+ Year Old Account

Hah I found the problem let me gues hes a PVE scrub and playing with recount? :P tell him to toggle it off for a while go mutilate and compare the results.
    Haha, ill try to
    Quote for reply

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    for shaman/warrior it's basically the same. without passive dispel/BoF, you're kind of autoscrewed.
    Please tell me you mean people playing agaisnt sham/war not palying agaisnt 2 frost mages with sham war.. if that's the case you're down right useless.

Purge the ice barriers, when the ice block the warrior can break it.
    I've wrestled with an alligator, I've tussled with a whale, I done cuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see.
    -The Greatest

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyfourth
    Please tell me you mean people playing agaisnt sham/war not palying agaisnt 2 frost mages with sham war.. if that's the case you're down right useless.

Purge the ice barriers, when the ice block the warrior can break it.
    And how are you countering the infinite novas and slows two frost mages can put out? With Mirror Image popped there should never be a moment in the first 30 seconds were you aren't permanently slowed or rooted.

its all well and good i thnk the bigg part is with thier op glyph of healing they get.... u need to prevent them from Evocating if u have any chance at all. Hey blizzard, i don't think every class has some form of healing mechanism.... please try harder.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    And how are you countering the infinite novas and slows two frost mages can put out? With Mirror Image popped there should never be a moment in the first 30 seconds were you aren't permanently slowed or rooted.
    ground / shock / spellreflect the shatter combs. they'll most definetly go for the shaman an control the warrior with sheeps until DR is up.
    as said, simply stick on one mage, get them to your pillar so your shaman can ground/kite/los, purge the mage, destroy the block. should not be too hard if the warrior can bladestorm defensively (meaning bladestorm the mages if your shaman ate a deep freeze).

play druid/warr if you want to know who has a hard time against dualfrost :P

@ topic: i find that a rogue (especially a combat with one mage sapped), who pops Killing Spree (with 2 slow weapons - switch macro if not already used) can force a mage into the block immediately.
    well maybe i suck at playing mage, but i use to lose most of the time against rogue + x in the arena, because every rogue i met puts too much pressure on me, if he knows when to use his clos and my barrier is on CD.
    however, if the match lasts long enough and his CDs are wasted, he's usually eaten (as rogues w/o cds us to be )

i'm actually rather surprised that they don't CC your rogue and kill you. but that might be because they only CC him so long as your LB stacks on him take to wear off.

with 2 slow weapons - switch macro if not already used...

if your rogue sapps 1 of the mages, i assume still stealthed as he walks away... all agreed...good, moving on...... then he get to the next person, and if he is trying to cc the dude whats he going to do, CS the mage so he can blink out of it... no .... he might do the other move, sorry i don't know the name, that silences them for like 3 seconds so they can't blink away, but my poiint is, no rogue would pop killing spree on a mage that still has blink available to him, therefore he would need to get that mage to bink away first, therefore forcing the rogue into combat and, if im not wrong WHICH i MIGHT be, u can't change weapons in arena while in combat.... i know warriors can but i didn't think rogues could... MIGHT BE WRONG....

my idea was more that you killing spree one mage without attacking the other one (any given situation), so that your KS would hit one target and not two. this is so much burst that the mage will either block or die.

and yes, everyone can change weapons (and should, mages will switch wands if encountering frostresistance > 86 (e.g. aura totems)).

i just say that cause i thought that weapons were gear, and i have been "you can't do that while in combat" or some message similar when wanting to burn a priest or hearler down faster so i wanted to put on pve gear for another 400 sp and 4% crit, and i wasn't able to do that ....

but if ur stealthing and open with killing spree behing the roge that isn't sapped i would just expect he would blink as soon as u start it, making it a burned cd....