HCC Beasts 25man and 10man

As a shadow priest we all know that switching a target or even moving, ultimately anything that interrupts our rotation equates to a hit in DPS. I have also noticed that after this down time regaining or coming back up to speed at which you left can take some time. Personally I have noticed right off the bat I hit 3200dps during my initial rotation then after about a minute or so I am between 4200-4700 dps.

My real question is the first phase of the beasts in 25man heroic. Snobold are beating on people, etc... Is it better that I stick to the main boss instead of switching to a Snobold even if I do not have to move? I noticed if I switched my overall dps will be an average of about 3200 overall. If I remain on the boss I will be around 4700-5000. This is of course I'm not getting hit by fire nor having a monkey on my back.

How do you shadow priests who run heroic 25man and 10man compensate for this?

Gear Score:

Spec and Gear:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Dunkelweisen

Any advice on how to maximize DPS on this first phase is greatly appreciated. 2nd and 3rd phase are good to go.
    - KIRSCHE

Re: HCC Beasts 25man and 10man

tbh I have no idea what would be best.
    Altho in my guild if we do hard beasts every1 does switch on the snobolds.

I'm sure your guildies might compare DPS after the fight, but ultimately getting the snobolds down before they do any damage to the raid would be ideal for your guild to finish the fight successfully with minimal wipes.

If your raid leader tells you to kill them, you kill them. It doesn't matter if your epeen shrinks... I mean, if your DPS goes down. Don't assist in wiping a raid just to increase your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    If your raid leader tells you to kill them, you kill them. It doesn't matter if your epeen shrinks... I mean, if your DPS goes down. Don't assist in wiping a raid just to increase your DPS.
    Thats obvious but thanks for the help.

I'm asking advice as a shadow priest, interrupts to spell rotation cripples us more than other classes. I was wondering how other guilds mainly other shadow priests handle their DPS. If a healer has a snobold nuke it, etc...yes common sense.

If I wanted a comment similar to yours I would have posted on the WoW forums.
    - KIRSCHE

Of course switch to the snobold. Multidotting is better dps then single target

Quote Originally Posted by Selinax
    Of course switch to the snobold. Multidotting is better dps then single target
    ^ That.

Also, if you're having so much trouble figuring it out... there isn't a good way around ramp up time. Talk to Afflic Locks and they'll tell you the same thing. If you're on something for a shorter time than it takes for your DPS to work up, then you'll have lower DPS. Quite a bit of that comes from how long it takes for the mob to be fully debuffed as well, there's nothing that can be done on your end except to get Misery up as fast as possible.

Every snobold that is alive increases boss damage by 15%. In case you haven't noticed, he already hits hard enough to nearly one shot most tanks with an impale. Kill the fucking snobolds. No one cares about your DPS when the tanks are dead.

Depending on how long it takes you to kill a Snobold, you may be best off just making sure your dots stay active on Gormok, and then just doing single nukes on the Snobold itself. That is, if the Snobold is only alive for 10 seconds, any kind of dot would be pretty useless, where as hitting it with a mind blast/SW/Mind Flay may do better damage. Then, as long as your dots are still rolling on Gormok, you ramp up time is lowered and you don't have to waste as much time getting back into your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylig
    Every snobold that is alive increases boss damage by 15%. In case you haven't noticed, he already hits hard enough to nearly one shot most tanks with an impale. Kill the fucking snobolds. No one cares about your DPS when the tanks are dead.
    This is far too harsh a post, especially given that you're wrong.

Every time Gormok throws a snobold, he receives his DPS buff. When the snobolds die, the buff remains. It doesn't matter when or how the snobolds die, as long as you still have the overall raid DPS to finish off Gormok before the Jormungar come out.

Sig by Mipeo

technically, in 10m, the mobs hp is too low for you to do any real damage before the op melee classes have it killed, so there is nothing but negativity to come from you swapping targets in terms of the length of the boss fight, your mana pool suffers disproportionately to your dps when multidotting and it's just not necessary

but most people are just too stupid to ever realize that, they don't realize that spriests have the worst burst in the game and that a single target that will die in less than 30 seconds is a waste of your mana and energy

if they aren't an spriest, they have no clue what it's like to be an spriest

in 25m you are better off switching but i'd time it so that all my dots were as fresh as possible then i'd swap and only SW:P/MF the add because even in 25s it's impossible to reach full dps on 2 targets at once for a shadowpriest. you'll proc misery, do 35% of your normal dps and they're all happy.

mostly just remember that those other classes were too stupid to get 100% out of an spriest and chose their class instead

When we do HM 25 beasts i switch to the snowbold and refresh dots on the boss before i for to the next one but you have to burn them down. You might be able to swap when they add is down to like 5% and refesh your dots and go to the next one if you think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligaments
    This is far too harsh a post, especially given that you're wrong.

Every time Gormok throws a snobold, he receives his DPS buff. When the snobolds die, the buff remains. It doesn't matter when or how the snobolds die, as long as you still have the overall raid DPS to finish off Gormok before the Jormungar come out.
    I will stand corrected on the buff and adjust my statement.

Kill the fucking snobolds. No one cares about your DPS when the tanks are dead because a healer kept getting interrupted by a snobold.

Dot boss, MB every CD, roll dots on snobolds, MB>DOTS, multidotting>single target
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

Quote Originally Posted by Weena
    Dot boss, MB every CD, roll dots on snobolds, MB>DOTS, multidotting>single target
    Incorrect.

Vampiric Touch > MB > else.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Incorrect.

true my bad i have downs
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

Quote Originally Posted by DUNKELWEISEN
    As a shadow priest we all know that switching a target or even moving, ultimately anything that interrupts our rotation equates to a hit in DPS. I have also noticed that after this down time regaining or coming back up to speed at which you left can take some time. Personally I have noticed right off the bat I hit 3200dps during my initial rotation then after about a minute or so I am between 4200-4700 dps.

My real question is the first phase of the beasts in 25man heroic. Snobold are beating on people, etc... Is it better that I stick to the main boss instead of switching to a Snobold even if I do not have to move? I noticed if I switched my overall dps will be an average of about 3200 overall. If I remain on the boss I will be around 4700-5000. This is of course I'm not getting hit by fire nor having a monkey on my back.

How do you shadow priests who run heroic 25man and 10man compensate for this?

Gear Score:

Spec and Gear:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Dunkelweisen

Any advice on how to maximize DPS on this first phase is greatly appreciated. 2nd and 3rd phase are good to go.
    There are a few issues here... firstly like most dps you think that your personal dps is what matters. Raid dps is what counts and while snobolds are on raid members, overall raid dps is being lost. The quicker snobolds are killed the higher your raid dps will be.

Yes, switching targets for a spriest is particularly annoying, that's mainly due to the fact we have no real burst with a lot of damage tied to dots. In particular we need SW:P to be on the target for other spells to be at their full potential. Snobold health isn't so low as to make our dots that inneffective so you should be able to switch with minimal dps impact.

Lastly depending on how your raid is coping with the encounter, multi-dotting and keeping dps on both snobolds and the boss is an option. This will increase your personal dps if done correctly and is the tactic I take. Whether you should do this is completely dependant on your particular raid, if snobolds are taking too long to kill you should just provide 100% dps time on the snobolds.

Quote Originally Posted by DUNKELWEISEN
    If I wanted a comment similar to yours I would have posted on the WoW forums.
    It's the other way around, if you want a comment like that, you post here. mmo-trolls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Incorrect.

MB > VT for single target, however if you're multi-dotting which I believe was the context of these posts, then VT > DP > MB.

Reason being for single target casting VT before MB guarantees a VT/MB conflict which results in lost dps. In addition if you analyse MB and VT as dps cycles it's less of a dps loss to delay VT than it is to delay MB.

For mulit dotting you are in one sense removing dps cycles and concentration on DPE, meaning you want to cast the highest DPE spells you can in order, and that's always dots > MB.