Shall i change Arpen gems to Strng ???

Hello together !!

I´m playing a blood DK on the german server Nazjatar, an since the new patch arrived here last wednesday, i´m wondering wether to change my gems oder not!

This is all about the apen nerft!

I was/am using arpen gems all over my gear, filled every socket with such ones as you can see in my armory link :

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tar&n=kaltherz

I´m slowly reaching the BiS non 25 HM gear and thinking if i should change all my gems to Strng ?!?

I was alway playing without grim oder runestone and it went quite well.

Also i found this in the Ensidia forum:

"ArP Rating
    It depends on the spec you use. As Blood you want to softcap ArP, which is a bit above 500 ArP Rating. DW Frost takes ArP as a gimmick, it's the 2nd best stat for that spec. ArP is useless for Unholy once again, maybe a bit better than Agility but who cares about that stat anyway. With Icecrown not being too far away, with Blood (no other spec) you might want to go for the ArP hardcap, which is around 1200 ArP, but NOT at the moment. Important Note: ArP is the 2nd best stat for Blood and Frost, but it's not as good as Strength after the recent nerf to ArP. So if you had to choose between an item that has Str/ArP and Str/Haste the choice should be quite easy depending on which spec you play. "

Strength
    This is the best stat for all specs, and it's recommended to gem for Strength, especially if you are a person that changes specs as often as normal people change underwear. The only reason to not gem Strength would be that you are missing Hit for the 8% or you're playing DW and are missing Expertise for the Expertise cap.

The thing i´m scared the most of is the fact that changing mit gems would make the rest of arpen on my gear even more sucky :-\

Would be great if you can help me and sorry for my bad english

Thx

Re: Shall i change Arpen gems to Strng ???

ArP is still fine to gem.

ArP works but in my opinion, str is better now since the nerf.

I kinda agree with what ensidia said, i actually, have never gemmed for ArP, and i'm sitting at 404 atm, but i'm considering changing my JC gems (dragons eyes) to the ArP ones, and that would put me around 500 and leave the rest str, but alas im not quite BiS non HM, i'm working on it (curse you RNG) but the higher your gear level the more important ArP is. so if you got all 245's/258's 500+ ArP is fine/good.

After simulating it, even with 900 passive Arp on gear Str is still a better stat to gem than Arp.

At around 400 Arp, Arp is worth around 2.3 EP and Str around 2.9. Gap closes as you're coming closer to 1k passive Arp, but that's not really a realistic scenario, is it? So Str is better to gem in all scenarios now, even as Blood.

my biggest problem is this: maybe if its true that the strng gems woube be a bit better than the arpen ones, the arpen on my gear (not the gems!) would also loose effect ! (arpen gets better the more you have we all know!) can the strng gems even hold that loss???

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlezz
    After simulating it, even with 900 passive Arp on gear Str is still a better stat to gem than Arp.

At around 400 Arp, Arp is worth around 2.3 EP and Str around 2.9. Gap closes as you're coming closer to 1k passive Arp, but that's not really a realistic scenario, is it? So Str is better to gem in all scenarios now, even as Blood.
    Um...1000 is very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Classe
    ArP works but in my opinion, str is better now since the nerf.
    either its better or its not, what does your opinion have to do with the math behind it?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean
    Um...1000 is very possible.
    What part about "the gap closes" did you not get? At around 1000 Arp (without the loss of any Str) the values are like this:

EP:50 | AttackPower | 1
    EP:50 | Strength | 2,85
    EP:50 | ArmorPenetrationRating | 2,80

But you can not gain a load of Arp without losing some Str, so with adding the loss of Str to reach that amount of
    Arp the results are like this:

EP:50 | Strength | 2,88
    EP:50 | ArmorPenetrationRating | 2,69

In the end "the gap" does indeed get smaller, but Str is still better, even at that point. At the moment, I do not see a "realistic" point when it's better to gem Arp than Str.

sounds right..

Gearing towards it is the goal, since it's the best stat after Str, and you get both on the same piece of gear. Gemming on the other hand requires you to choose Str OR Arp, so for every 20 Arp you socket you lose 20 Str and Str is clearly the better choice after the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlezz
    What part about "the gap closes" did you not get? At around 1000 Arp (without the loss of any Str) the values are like this:

EP:50 | Strength | 2,85
    EP:50 | ArmorPenetrationRating | 2,80

But you can not gain a load of Arp without losing some Str, so with adding the loss of Str to reach that amount of
    Arp the results are like this:

EP:50 | Strength | 2,88
    EP:50 | ArmorPenetrationRating | 2,69

In the end "the gap" does indeed get smaller, but Str is still better, even at that point. At the moment, I do not see a "realistic" point when it's better to gem Arp than Str.
    You said 1000 is not a realistic scenario. L2rememberwhatutype.

Without gemming for it (which in turn makes it less valuable as you lose more Str) there's no way you are gonna get that amount of Arp. A trinket proc is up just for a short time and even it does not change things in favor of Arp either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean
    You said 1000 is not a realistic scenario. L2rememberwhatutype.
    He actually said 1000 passive, which, unless I'm mistaken, means only from gear/talents, not from gems/trinket procs.

I believe the general consensus is like what Fearlezz and Ihatepallys said. Grab stuff with ArP and Str, but gem for Str. That aside, I have to say your English is pretty damn good I took 2 semesters of German in college and am fairly confident I could only carry a conversation with a 6 yr old. With sentences like: "I like to to the movies" "Ich trinke gern Bier"(probably all I needed to learn there!) "My favorite color is red." lol