Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Kewlest Spellsteal

I dont play mage, well, only level 41, but i wanna know whats the coolest spellsteal you did. Like, the meanest or the most usefull spellsteal...

wait for it...

POST!
    Submit your guide or tutorial and win prizes!
    Guides for everything Minecraft! HowToMakeAMinecraftServer.com - Click to see more!

Re: Kewlest Spellsteal

Spellsteal other Mages slow fall and priests levitate in AB when they jump off Lumber Mill.

Innervate and Power Word: Shield I think are good ones

Haven't personally done these but Avenging Wrath for imba damages and well timed spellsteal can(?) steal paladin bubble also.

10+ Year Old Account

Jaraxxus's buff 8)

Do
    Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer
    Haven't personally done these but Avenging Wrath for imba damages and well timed spellsteal can(?) steal paladin bubble also.
    Doesn't work on bubble, unfortunately.
    Saving for Cata.

Freedom then Avenging Wrath in two ss, then I killed him with it. lolol.

Deleted

Avenging Wrath look's awesome on my gnome :P

15+ Year Old Account

Theres a certain mob in UP that has a buff that turns them into a Wolf after a few seconds. If you spellsteal it, it turns you into a wolf for a few seconds.

I've gotten a pally bubble before. We just so happened to both cast at the same time. And this was before the 50% damage debuff. Too bad it didn't help at all because we were in the north bunker in AV and he LoS me.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyro
    Do

Does, but it requires luck more than anything, and and quite a bit of lag.
    Essentially you're causing the spellsteal to land before the bubble's immunity kicks in.

In addition to that, you'll also need to be lucky your spellsteal targets the bubble, because it may just steal another buff on the paladin.
    Though this is one of those things that happens once when the planets align perfectly, it's not something to be relying on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyro
    Do

Actually there's a one in a billion shot of you spellstealing a paladin's bubble, it's the simultaneous action situation that is extremely rare that the server processes your Spellsteal at the exact same time Divine Shield goes up, and the server picks the Divine Shield buff to give you.

It's only been reported on the WoW forums once that I know of, and a developer answered the thread explaining it, and that it's so rare that even if they could fix it, there's really no reason to.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Some mage kept flying up to me and putting Living Bomb on me and then Slow Falling down. So I spellstole the slow fall and she fell to her death. :

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ratikal
    Some mage kept flying up to me and putting Living Bomb on me and then Slow Falling down. So I spellstole the slow fall and she fell to her death. :
    That must have been a really really really really stupid mage, since she/he didn't use IB, Slow Fall again(!?) or blinked at the ground.

on mu'ru mages could spellsteal an add buff that made every spell an instant cast (spam pyro lol) and in za the could get a constant haste buff i think from one of the mobs (it was like 500 haste or something crazy)
    that made some pretty funny videos

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona
    on mu'ru mages could spellsteal an add buff that made every spell an instant cast (spam pyro lol) and in za the could get a constant haste buff i think from one of the mobs (it was like 500 haste or something crazy)
    that made some pretty funny videos
    With the haste buff stolen in ZA + slow fall, the mage could do a running jump from the top of the steps outside Hex Lord's chamber and land on the other side of the bridge area where all the frogs are.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

10+ Year Old Account

I love stealing the buff from the valkyrs in storm peak http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57524 i lov one shotting mobs whie frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Quote Originally Posted by Crashie
    That must have been a really really really really stupid mage, since she/he didn't use IB, Slow Fall again(!?) or blinked at the ground.
    I don't think she saw it coming nor had time to react. Either way, hows THAT for an honorable kill?

Probably the best spellsteal in the game would have to be the Troll Mages in Zulaman. They have this buff, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=43242 300% haste and 200% running speed, you'll be casting spells so fast you'll be waiting for global cooldown. Probably the most memorable spellsteal is the Fire mages from Mechanar with their Fire aura buff, only because I did heroic mech like 500 times. I was 70 pretty quick in TBC and the spell was kinda weird for a while, I remember getting lots of things like Ice blocks and pally bubbles.