Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Moonkin dps eclipse-wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial
    Ummm...it has been shown that lunar fury *WAY* beats shooting star since the uptime is almost constant...constant sf crits will always beat a static 165sp any day...so far I've seen this to be the case. It was an immediate and stable dps increase for me and well worth the few badges.
    I'm sure he's aware of this he's just explaining to the OP why his Starfire isn't critting for as much in Naxx. 165 Less spellpower on that Spell would surely contribute to that.

And to the guy trolling the Chicken Avatar, just plain /sigh

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    Random flaming is in response to A) The peron who the flame is on has not actually taken notice to what the thread is about. B) The person flaming is not actually flaming and is having a joke as he knows the person and realises that they are an average player at best

or C) Giggles at the fact that the person would validate their statement when it's not relavent to the post

take your pick

(relax by the way I'm only joking).
    btw everyone has already stated the most reasons as to why you'd notice different numbers on crits etc...
    So why the random trolling?

Deleted

Boredom in work , also used to be in symbiosis on hellscream, whole server stunk of fail :P

*edit*
    I also enjoy random trolling sometimes.

Everyone loves to have a good troll though he should have picked on you wording as it would have trolled harder for instance he could have said to this
    Quote from: shadet on September 28, 2009, 10:53:20 am
    Ofc the OP did state that Wrath is not an issue and gets good crits with those. Starfire is the issue and we all know that Starfire doesn't get a 45% dmg increase.. Right?
    Seems to me that the issue brought up here, is how close wrath crits are to starfire crits. I merely stated how that is possible.

Fact is, it doesn't matter "how much" a skill crits for - the end result is the whole issue, naturally. But when OP sais that his SF crits is only a few thousand damage over his wrath crits, then i answer him why that might be.
    "Good thing the OP didn't state that was the problem at all he stated that others were hitting larger starfires then the OP don't try to correct others if you are wrong yourself maybe you should gtfo of these forums".
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    Everyone loves to have a good troll though he should have picked on you wording as it would have trolled harder for instance he could have said to this"Good thing the OP didn't state that was the problem at all he stated that others were hitting larger starfires then the OP don't try to correct others if you are wrong yourself maybe you should gtfo of these forums".
    i lolled... ^this
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    What are you amused about? Its a perfectly reasonable point: If your normal wraths does 4.000 damage noncrit, then +45% damage brings it to 5800 damage during wrath, and each crit would do 11,6k.

How, to put it in the terms of the OP, if his starfires are critting for 13.140 damage, then that would mean their noncrits are at 6570 damage. Jumping over the lowest part of the fence, lets say that your wrath noncrit is half of your starfire noncrit, putting wrath noncrit at 3285. Add eclipse and a crit, and your wrath will be at 9526,5 damage.

While it doesn't reach the numbers the OP is reporting, it does shorten the distance quite a lot. Then add some random SP buff that he happens to have when he notices his wrath crit and its not really that far off.
    Just noticed this, not that it's of much value but, he laughed because the post stated 'moonfire' had a 45 percent increase, from a typo on your part which i'm sure you meant wrath

That is strange, my moonkin has only about 2100 sp and I have seen plenty of 18k starfire crits. However I haven't raided on it since before 3.2 so I'm not sure if anything has been nerfed since?