Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Patch 3.2.2a, Mount Changes, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by diabolikal
    It makes it even easier for people who don't know how to strafe out of fire I guess.. "Oh snaps I'm standing in the fire, I better keyboard turn my character around and run away from it before I dies"
    I just wanna say, for a low health, non healing class like my mage, if I coped a fire half way through a Burning Breath I would die, no matter how fast I tried to strafe jump outta the flames. There was just nothing I could do after using my first health stone or iceblocking, even with Fire ward up.
    I would see the flame, straight away start strafing and jump but would catch the first tick and die.

Now on a melee class with 22k+ you will probably live through one tick but for my mage it was just RNG death nothing I could do to prevent it.

So its a good change imo

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

As for the mount price changes, I think it's about time.

Don't forget the training is for flying which is now available 10 levels earlier.
    Also, when most of us long time players got our flying, we were 70, locked at 70 where the dailies and other quests offered the full amount of gold.

I know dailies are how I got my flying mount back at 70 and with the fact they offer a lot less now the cap is 80 it really isn't a great option.

The majority of the players just wont have that kind of money at 60 unless they're hardcore farmers or they buy the gold.

IMHO this is another step towards reducing the amount of gold that's purchased and that can only be seen as a good thing for the long run.

Ofc actually banning the goldsellers all together would be better but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

faction champs are a joke now

Quote Originally Posted by seafu
    I just wanna say, for a low health, non healing class like my mage, if I coped a fire half way through a Burning Breath I would die, no matter how fast I tried to strafe jump outta the flames. There was just nothing I could do after using my first health stone or iceblocking, even with Fire ward up.
    I would see the flame, straight away start strafing and jump but would catch the first tick and die.

Now on a melee class with 22k+ you will probably live through one tick but for my mage it was just RNG death nothing I could do to prevent it.

So its a good change imo
    Not saying it's a bad change in the least, just makes it easier for the people that can't push keybinds and pay attention to debuffs at the same time. Or the giant blue text saying GTFOF tard! :P

Quote Originally Posted by seafu
    Well my warlock usually has about 25k hp in decent pve gear with the usual raid buffs (kings, fortitude) - which it's possible to get from scrolls now btw. I'm also specced for 20% damage reduction which probably helps (and is really easy for most warlocks to do). So most reasonably geared clothies should be somewhere in that region, but newly-dinged 80's won't be, and I guess the idea is to let them do the fight too.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfortune
    Move faster. Yes it's alot of dmg when the fire ticks once and his whirl ticks at the same time, but you won't die from it unless you just dinged 80 in lvl 70 gear and have crap for hp and no buffs. Hell it might even be possible to avoid the tick entirely if you move fast enough from the fire graphic. I've never managed that, but I've never taken more than 1 tick from it before moving out of it.
    You OBVIOUSLY don't play a healer. It doesn't matter if the tick happened in the last 2-3 seconds and you moved right away if you still have a heal incoming. This was a nice change for the healers (because as a healer watching people die just sucks ass). Maybe some day Blizzard will stop balancing raiding on the back of healers. Then again, if they do that they might require DPS to actually have skill, and well they will never do that.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    You OBVIOUSLY don't play a healer. It doesn't matter if the tick happened in the last 2-3 seconds and you moved right away if you still have a heal incoming. This was a nice change for the healers (because as a healer watching people die just sucks ass). Maybe some day Blizzard will stop balancing raiding on the back of healers. Then again, if they do that they might require DPS to actually have skill, and well they will never do that.
    So you've never Heard of a DPS race?