Druid/Warrior 2v2

Hey guys,

Me and a Warrior friend of mine run Druid/Warrior in 2v2. People keep saying it's a "wildcard" comp and such, but we seem to lose against every team
    that has kite abilities and more than 2 braincells (shaman/DK, Priest/Lock) and teams that simply outlast us manawise (Holydin/DK, Protholy/Anything)
    Atm I use my 3v3 spec (wild growth) because I don't want to throw away my feral tanking spec, but the spec shouldnt be the main issue here, because
    I see a lot of people run it without any problems.

Any tips would be appreciated :P

Cheers!
    If you try to remember, you will lose

Re: Druid/Warrior 2v2

i run druid warrior in 2v2, while i'm not a superstar i'm not a terrible player either...
    many ppl tend to over-emphasize comps importance, and druid-warrior is one of the most over-hyped comps out there.
    while is not by any means the best comp in 2v2 its still a really good one, and it has many strenghts...
    first of all the druid is really hard to beat in a mana war. innervate is ur best friend and using cyclone on the other dps for example means u can chill out if needed and save some mana that would otherwise be used in spam heals... as a druid u can also very easily kite and control many melee classes for a very long time... this actually is a great mana advantage over healers that have to keep healing themselves to stay alive... moreover having so many istant cast heals lets u stay out of line of sight from the opponents and just sneak from behind a pillar to throw a couple of heals on ur warrior without having to stay in the sight of the opponent and subject to controls or hard switches...
    as a warrior many classes have rly a hard time trying to get away from u, mortal strike can rly help in the mana war and ofc once one of ur targets is low makes it rly hard to pick him up for the enemies healer. its important as a warrior to use ALL ur tools, not just to try and kill enemies... what makes the difference between a good warrior on a medocre one is the ability to switch to offensive to defensive rly fast and still apply pressure to the opponents while u do so (not easy since practically everything requires an extra global cooldown as u switch stances or change weapons). u have to use ur shield as much as ur 2-hander... for example against double dps its often a good idea to keep ur shield out most of the time (revenge spam and spell reflect ftw). manage ur cooldowns but don't be afraid to use them... if u have high hp u can retalliate inside an opponents bladestorm or u can sweeping strike-retalliation against an enhancement shaman with wolves out... shield block revenge spam vs fast hitting targets to put out pressure even when ur defensive (u can do it vs a bladestorm too)...

so there are so many good things about the comp, the only REAL problem of this composition is that there is no dispel... this mean that mages, other druids, dk's that spam chains of ice or anybody that can easily control and root ur warrior, can easily take him out of the game for an insane amount of time... i have nightmares about mages for example

hope this wall of text can help u out... and maybe ur lucky and a better player than me can give some more advices (would like to read some too tbh)

what you can try to do is get your warrior to gem arp and starting thinking about a tactic like this: (against platedps+paladinhealer)
    fight starts normally and you try to keep everyone up with hots while your warrior does regular amounts of dmg to his target ( the MS of the warrior will start to sink in) then at the right moment you have to cc the healer, while your warrior kites his target away, and in the right moment you gotta land the kill while the other healer is cc'd.
    a great map for this strat is circle of blood arena, but you can also do this in nagrand arena with pillar hugging, but it takes a bit of coordination because you want to pillar hug in your favor, not to lose.

either that or maybe its better to get your warrior to play very defensively ( that works better if he doesn't have great gear, ie arena weapon).
    so for that basically how it works is that you stay close together and the warrior switches around from healer to his partner back to healer( make sure he has tactical mastery specced, and has intercept-charge keybinded properly, but that's basic knowledge)

so here is two options based on who has better gear, number 1 is if your warrior has better gear, number two if you have better gear

I'm honestly lost as to how any healer is outlasting you manawise as a druid.
    Especially since the protholy nerf.

Not to mention druids being the class that is most able to drink freely in the game.

It's possible your warrior just isn't being defensive when you tell him you need it, and he isnt stopping people from getting to you and peeling corrently. Thats definatly what it sounds like.

Ok, great replies so far! Thank you guys

I'll sure give it a shot and try out all of your tips ^^

Cheers!
    If you try to remember, you will lose

a warrior who gets kited by anything other than DK, frost mage or rogue (hello deadzone), is a terrible warrior.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    a warrior who gets kited by anything other than DK, frost mage or rogue (hello deadzone), is a terrible warrior.
    Or a hunter, or an enhancement shaman...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

druid warr and dk druid requirez skillz yo

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    or feral druid.

HAHA SORRY couldnt resist xD

i dont get where your saying that this is a wild card? me and my war who i 2v2 with faceroll with this comp

Quote Originally Posted by humanbomb
    i dont get where your saying that this is a wild card? me and my war who i 2v2 with faceroll with this comp
    What rating? This isn't s1 anymore.
    Failure to evolve is failure to us all.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    Sorry, we cant really kite anything ever since the oh-so-wonderful Earthern Power nerf... They shoulda kept the immunity component for only the Shaman atleast instead of removing it alltogether

tell your warrior to gem arp as 90% of teams in 2v2 have either a dk or warrior as the dps, and a prot/holy pally (its still viable) or shaman healer. also doesnt hurt to chew up those druids 12k armour (I know arp warriors hurt me a fair bit).
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

saying that you can faceroll with this comp is... lol... at 1,5k rating you can faceroll with any comp.
    i'm close to 2k rating now and its getting pretty tough... mage/rogue combos get us EVERY time... also rogue/priest or mage/priest combos... protpally/warri combos usually last very long but in the end we tend to have the upper hand.
    btw, we recently encountered a protpally/resto-shaman combo... at 1900 rating... can you believe it? ^^