Thread: windfury

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

windfury

Anybody else think thats it about time they made windfury and actual spell instead of a weapon enchant....put it on a 12 cooldown and make it give 2 extra attacks each time. none of this pro % chance crap anymore...they nerfed the crap out of it and now its time to make it a spell instead. blizzard can fine tune the details of the spell by maybe even giving it a better chance to crit.
    then all shamans for enchancement can have flametongue/ frostband on many hand and off hand. or a combination of both.
    then you can bring back the 2h and sword and board shamans for some good damage again.

just a thought

Re: windfury

Please leave.

good constructive criticism.....always rely on stupid people to reply to ideas instead of actually giving a reason why is good or bad....well done...i hope you can use both hands this time and type something alittle more intellectual.

kinda guess against the lower burst strategy doesnt it?
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by utherion
    Anybody else think thats it about time they made windfury and actual spell instead of a weapon enchant....put it on a 12 cooldown and make it give 2 extra attacks each time. none of this pro % chance crap anymore...they nerfed the crap out of it and now its time to make it a spell instead. blizzard can fine tune the details of the spell by maybe even giving it a better chance to crit.
    then all shamans for enchancement can have flametongue/ frostband on many hand and off hand. or a combination of both.
    then you can bring back the 2h and sword and board shamans for some good damage again.

just a thought
    i would rather have the original old windfury back. Im sick of hearing about new abilities when no one wants to just have the old ones what worked perfectly fine.Oh and by the way. The people who start off a post with with something insulting or just tellign you to leave. Are Shamanfanatic. They play a shaman themsleves but imediatly place hate on anyone posting anything about Enhancement. This is both on live forums and these forums. In fact. ALL forums.

No.. I think it's fine just the way it is.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by utherion

just a thought
    Cool story bro, since you're "enchancement" can I get you to up my crit rate on my "furry" warrior?

Deleted

Not a good thought, next idea.

Why it's not good I hear you ask? RNG is major fun, removing it is dull, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolikal
    Cool story bro, since you're "enchancement" can I get you to up my crit rate on my "furry" warrior?
    I r furry warrior yiff yiff!
    This user has been banned.

LF IMBA SHAMMY to destroy everything with 100k dps :P

I'd love to see WF as main hand only imbue and off hidden 3sec cd. As for old 2h times- honnestly not missing it and DW rocks the crap out of what used to be(other than heavy rng burst in bg's).

yes, lets turn an attack that happens on its own, without a GCD, ever 3-5 seconds an attack with a 12 second cooldown.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

GREAT IDEA! THEN WE CAN MAKE FLAMETONGUE SOMETHING YOU CLICK WITH A 0.1 SEC CD AND OFF THE GCD.. MIRITE?

/end sarcasm
    Seriously, gtfo please.

Id rather get another attack, instead of removing windfury like that. That what makes the shaman class unique besides totems>.>

but but I want to control mah burst not just wait for RNG >_> DELETE WINDFURY AND GIEF US SOME OTHER COOL SKILZ FOR >>>CONTROLED<<< burst!

Deleted

Be warned I'm not about to let the usual decent quality of the Shaman forum here slip. Cut the flaming.

Deleted

Would never happen as blizzard have always stated that weapon enchants are very important to shamans.

Actually enhancement shamans probably do need some extra attack, which could be implemented either as another button to click or by another weapon imbue. I mean, each and every melee class has some sort of cleave mechanic - except shaman. Our only AoE (magma totem) scales way too poorly compared to other classes' ones as being dependent on SP other then AP. Also, cleave AoE is nice cause it is based on weapon damage plus AP, whereas totem has fixed base damage. Thus, scaling issues, at some point of gear are inevitable.

Inb4 "shamans are fine gtfo offtopic" - shaman's AoE is not fine, read post till the end.

Paladins have weak AoE too, namely consecration, but then again they have cleave thingy as well. So here comes a suggestion. Take either A or B

A) make another weapon imbue Weapon of Havoc, instant, xx% of base mana, 30 minutes duration. Your strikes with imbued weapon have 30% chance of striking each other enemy within 5 yards from initial enemy. (With no ICD, no extra AP, and no extra attacks on initial target. Pure AoE tool)

B) give us another instant attack, Stormcleave (sorry, ninja'd from some place, can't remember original author), xx% base mana, 10 sec CD, discharges all your Lightning Shield charges to make main hand attack on each enemy in 15-yard frontal cone (animated as shockwave perhaps). These attacks can't activate any weapon imbue properties.

Why I dislike OP's idea. Cause, like it was already mentioned, it decreases our DPS and burst, while making it somewhat more reliable. Second, that's another button we have to push in our rotation (yes I know that's prio thingy). Not that it is awfully complicated but... why would we want another ability to use on CD? And third, that leaves us enhancers without our signature weapon imbue, which was here forever.

PS. I have not mentioned DK's here, but I believe they have strong enough AoE on their own, and Blood has a mini-cleave of its own, though nerfed and then nerfed again. Yet each spec does have AoE which is better then magma totem.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by The_Flying_Dog
    but but I want to control mah burst not just wait for RNG >_> DELETE WINDFURY AND GIEF US SOME OTHER COOL SKILZ FOR >>>CONTROLED<<< burst!
    NO

Windfury is the epitomy of enhancement shamans.

IMO they should only change it slightly. To something like this.

Imbue the Shaman's weapon with wind. Each hit has a 35% chance of dealing additional damage equal to one extra attack with 1250 extra attack power.

Inner cooldown scales:

(base weaponspeed/4*1.75) +1 = X SECONDS.
    Would mean a 1.4 weapon speed would yield a 1,6125 ICD
    Would mean a 2.6 weapon speed would yield a 2,1375 ICD
    Would mean a 3.8 weapon speed would yield a 2,6625 ICD

Still making slow weapons more desireable. Since fast weapons would mean it's cooldown is bigger then the weaponspeed (as it is now, even with slow one-handers)

And in addition, change Stormstrike to this:

[b]Instantly attack with both weapons, dealing additional weapon damage plus additional 625 attack power. In addition, the next 4 sources of Nature damage dealt to the target from the Shaman are increased by 20%. Lasts 12 sec.

Basically a windfury which is spread in two attacks (the AP part). This would also increase our on-demand burst a little bit i think.

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Rabidthunder, why wouldn't you simply advocate that magma totem be buffed up?