Boubouille reveals quick auctions 2--inscription guide

So Boubouille revealed the key part in how i make gold in wow, Quick Auctions.

now that the secret is out, i might as well reveal how i use it in terms of Inscriptions as it was left out until next week.

Generally, inscriptions is easy to level, herbs never really cost more than 1g per herb, regardless of what level it is so you're really looking at about 5g per mill. each time i mill i get around 3-5 pigment which means an average of 8 ink per stack of herbs.

from here i'll assume you're at max inscription, even if you're not it this guide should still work(with some tweaking).

first, if you haven't yet, get quick auctions 2. then make 1 of every glyph you have and add it to an item group. once you've added all the glyphs you know (hopefully you've have all 341 glyphs) post them on the AH according to whatever guidelines you see fit.
    when choosing herbs to buy on the auction house, aim for northrend herbs only because they can be traded in dalaran for the older inks( keep more stacks of ink of the sea, midnight ink, lion's ink, and Ethereal ink than of Jadefire, celestial, and shimmering)

generally, i use the following numbers:

undercut price (amount an item already posted by competitors to undercut by): 1c
    fallback price (price an item is set to if it's the ONLY one on the AH): 100g
    threshold price(lowest price to post an auction at--wont post any lower than this price):10s
    bid percent(price set for bids as a percentage of buyout price): 90%
    post cap/items per auction: 1

now i'll go over this.

if you have tried selling auctions on the AH before you should've noticed how quickly you get undercut. undercutting by only 1 copper is key in keeping the price of glyphs as high as you can keep them.

a fall back of 100g makes it so any glyphs maximum sell price is 100g. auction house trend will usually never let you get to 100g per glyph, however in those rare cases you can force the trend of an item to get to that price. for example, i took a 4 month break from the AH simply because i no longer needed gold. when i returned the prices of glyphs were cut down to around 10-15G per glyph on average (some exceptions of course). at the moment i'm up to around 30-40g per glyph on average. one specific example is glyph of rupture, generally a must for raiding rogues. when i started up again it was around 10g, i was able to bring the price all the way up to 70g per glyph because of fallback prices and undercuts. with an average material cost of 5g per glyph and an average sell price of 30g that's 25g profit or 500% profit.

threshold price of 10s is just a personal preference. i like the idea of having every glyph on the auction house, at the lowest prices. unfortunately, good glyphs like cleaving and maul (at least on my server) are selling around 10s-5g which means selling it will make me lose money sometimes and make money at other times. this is simply to ensure i have no items in my inventory when i post auctions so i can save time.

bid percent is also a personal preference. generally items are sorted out by buyout prices by default, but if you sort items by price, they are sorted by bid price. a high bid percent of 100% for example will sometimes make your competitors' items at the top of the list even though your buyout is lower. a low bid percent of 50% risks people just bidding on it which in turn may cause you to sell a glyph for an unprofitable or less profitable amount and even worse, cause you to pay a penalty when canceling glyphs.

post cap and items per auction is a MUST. you must never sell than one glyph, simply because flooding the auction house of multiple glyphs WILL lower the amount of gold it's sold for over time.

once everything is set, click cancel items in the auction tab and quick auctions will scan every item you have up and cancel any that have been undercut or any that are the only one up.

the general plan i use is simple. any glyph that sold will send me gold in the mail 1 hour later. so i go to the mailbox and make every glyph listed in my mail box then loot all my money, or if a glyph was expired or i canceled it simply loot it.

generally i can make 1000g per day spending only around 10-30 minutes (at separate times of the day, checking to see if i was undercut and also making glyphs that sold). with extra effort (checking every 2 or 3 hours) i can make around 2000-3000g per day depending on the amount of people playing that day.

quick auctions is EXTREMELY useful for making money with inscriptions. it's a good idea to buy herbs in bulk if they are cheaper than normal and mill them all with a macro like
    /cast milling
    /use goldthorn
    /use tiger lily
    use of a turbo controller (joy2key + ps3 controller) makes milling easy to afk and do something else. after a while you will even build up Snowfall ink which can be used to craft cards in hope for nobles, trade to players for ink of the sea, or make the new runescroll of fortitude (which you can keep or sell).

as a final digression, yes i registered to post this. if you're playing on destromath-us please put my inscription alt, Flonne on your whitelist if you're using my guide, even if only for a week or so.

Deleted

Re: Boubouille reveals quick auctions 2--inscription guide

So basically you made the exact same guide as he did but replaced "Borean Leather" with "herbs"?

Deleted

No, I read it all right, he just changed the numbers a bit to match his server's prices. "If you don't like it don't read it" how do I know if I like it or not, if I don't read it?

undercutting by only 1 copper is key in keeping the price of glyphs as high as you can keep them.
    Are you serious? Undercutting by 1 copper?
    The only way you can get your glyphs sold with that method is checking every x hours, like you mentioned. Fact is, not everyone has access to WoW at any time of the day, wherever they may be. So, for some people, making money like this will be impossible.

HOWEVER they can still earn tons of money by undercutting deeply, like the almighty Greedy Goblin *hail o mighty Goblin* said. This way you can still reach the gold cap by just playing when you want to.

(His whole moneymaking strategy is described here (crafting) and here (pricing))

i know that this guide sounds a lot like what was posted in the front page, but as with all crafting the ways to make money with them follow similar ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy

Are you serious? Undercutting by 1 copper?
    The only way you can get your glyphs sold with that method is checking every x hours, like you mentioned. Fact is, not everyone has access to WoW at any time of the day, wherever they may be. So, for some people, making money like this will be impossible.

HOWEVER they can still earn tons of money by undercutting deeply, like the almighty Greedy Goblin *hail o mighty Goblin* said. This way you can still reach the gold cap by just playing when you want to.

(His whole moneymaking strategy is described here (crafting) and here (pricing))
    regarding the reason for undercutting with 1c. this is glyphs, it's totally different from gems or anything else. they sell generally around 30g and undercutting anything more than 1 gold WILL break the prices on glyphs (just based on experience). unfortunately, since the mat costs are extremely low, deep undercutting doesn't work well, at least on my server it doesn't(it works well with epic gem cuts, however).

like i said somewhere in my wall of text, i can pretty much spend 10 minutes and do this ONCE a day and make 1000g. if i check every x hours i can increase that to 2000-3000g per day.

greedy goblin makes a lot of good points on how to maximize profit through inscriptions, but i went into some detail on how to do it with the least amount of effort. 1000g per day with only 10 minutes of effort with only one add-on vs. using many add-ons together to barely increase profit is pretty much what you get from what i posted and from the link you shared.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy
    So basically you made the exact same guide as he did but replaced "Borean Leather" with "herbs"?
    if i read the same post, he pointed out borean leather for the items that are crafted then vendored/disenchanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmboski
    Sorry, but there is next to no gold in Inscription.
    My recently rerolled Warrior disagrees with you

I used very similar glyph selling strat as Dark eboreus and sold glyphs for around 10k gold a week. But u hardly spend 10 minutes a day doing this more like 10 hours a week and not 70 minutes a week as he suggests. Just cancelling all the glyphs and repost them takes around 10 minutes and doing this several times a day u looking at 30+ minutes a day. Than add the time u checking your alts who has what glyphs and making the the glyphs, milling the herbs and looting your mailbox and u spending 10+ hours a week doing this. Also this strat wont work on realms with heavy competition as anyone with common sense will undercut a AH camper heavily intill it isnt worth anyones time to camp the AH.

shadowslap

OK...REALLY?

REALLY????

There's a fucking REASON you don't see gold making guides plastered all over the place. Because if you want to keep making optimal gold you keep your tricks and methods SECRET. Go around plastering them all over markets will get flooded and/or ruined with all these scrubs thinking they know what the fuck they are doing.

Take this shit down and let people who want to make gold figure it themselves, it's how I did and how all my friends rolling in gold did it.

Keep this shit to yourself "Bobbo"

Quote Originally Posted by shadowslap
    OK...REALLY?

REALLY????

There's a fucking REASON you don't see gold making guides plastered all over the place. Because if you want to keep making optimal gold you keep your tricks and methods SECRET. Go around plastering them all over markets will get flooded and/or ruined with all these scrubs thinking they know what the fuck they are doing.

Take this shit down and let people who want to make gold figure it themselves, it's how I did and how all my friends rolling in gold did it.

STFU, I can't wait to see cheap glyphs, higher priced herbs (i'm a herbalist) and what not.

shadowslap

Quote Originally Posted by power-akama
    STFU, I can't wait to see cheap glyphs, higher priced herbs (i'm a herbalist) and what not.
    HURP DERP LETS RUIN MARKETS

Like I said "Bobbo" needs to keep this shit to himself.

Requesting it be removed from the homepage though it's already too late.

OK...REALLY?

REALLY????

Agree 100%. I am pretty angry he plastered these guides all over...they will not make any money for anyone if everybody on the server does it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

One bad thing that has happened now is that the price of Icethorn etc has gone through the roof, from 20g per stack to over 30g, and thats if you can find any on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter
    One bad thing that has happened now is that the price of Icethorn etc has gone through the roof, from 20g per stack to over 30g, and thats if you can find any on the AH.
    Bingo.

I think the guide was a "I hate inscription, but love making money on herbs" ploy.
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

Rofl, it's like you guys think that heaps of people read mmo-champ. What's the player base here? 100k? 200k? If it's anymore than 500k I'll eat my foot, with grilled cheese and onion. The people that read mmo-champ, and actually care about making gold already know this. Then there's the noobs that come along and see this and try it out for a day at best, then they get sick of it and just fly around for 30min doing dailys and complaining about that lack of gold in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    I'll eat my foot, with grilled cheese and onion.
    OT: We used to eat liver with cheese and onions when I was a kid... back in the 70's.

Back to the topic:

FACT: There is no (very minimal) gold in Inscription on either of the two servers I frequent. I'm in that market purely for variety and to keep tabs on trends... diversity. This is akin to being in the bond market during the late 90's, but without any buyers.

I keep around 160 glyphs up (in sets of 3) 24/7 and sell 10-12 a day, tops. This generates between 200-350g but requires that you frequent the AH to keep listings fresh. Hardly worth the effort as opposed to other avenues.
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

The bulk glyph Market on my server does not seem profitable, to free up some space in the guild bank I have auctioned about a tab and half, one or two have gone for 35g upwards a few for 10g but most are being listed for less then 5g. I am not a scribe but from speaking to our guild scribes they have suggested the Market was like this before the guide.

On a side note why is it no natter what class or spec I am playing the glyphs thy I want never seem to be amongst the cheap ones.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I have this addon, Quick Auctions 2 now, but I don't seem to be able to make the Crafting Queue to work, could someone please tell me how to do it? :O

I'd put a "Cool story bro" here but in all honesty? If one thing isn't making money for you, level an alt to farm the current most-profitable gathering profession.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

There are guides plastered all over the internet. Fact of the matter is that tips and tricks like those mentioned only work when a few people per server are doing such. The majority of WoW players are not, in fact, making gold or even trying to. When a particularly easy and quick method to do this is found (say shadowmight ring DE'ing) it's quickly copied until the price of infinite dust matches that of an equivalent amount of eternals.

Guides don't make you money, your own intelligence does. If making gold for you is a entirely reliant on one thing, you'll quickly find yourself not turning anymore of a profit. The people who have zero trouble making money are the ones with the brains, interest, and capital to do so.