Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Who do you taget?

Right, over the last few days i've been grinding away in BGs as per usual. The thing i've noticed now more than ever is that when theres group on group action, I am -always- one of the first burnt down. PvPing in battlegrounds as protection gave me much more surviveability, but still, against a group i'd be burnt down pronto. Is it because I am a Tauren and therefore massive? Is it because I am a warrior and hit like a train? Is it both of these? Is it just bad luck on my part? Let me know! Who do you guys go for first, and why? I know the favorite twink is a gnome because they are hard to click on haha

Re: Who do you taget?

You are probaly in the front. Get used to it private.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcold
    You are probaly in the front. Get used to it private.
    Never be first, never be last, never volunteer for anything.

I notice that I'm usually targeted out of a group... but I play a 'lock - and they're perceived as both squishy and dangerous: a prime target. I'm used to it. (Worse, it's a male BE 'lock - lightning rod for incoming Alliance.)

If I find an easy kill on the opposing side, I'll try to farm them: easy kill = easy honor.

If I get killed by a group and one of them /lols, teabags, or anything similar - the "I'm great 'cuz we three-manned you!" attitude - I'll go out of my way to hunt them down and make their life miserable. My goal there is to either prove that they're nothing without overwhelming numbers, or have them prove to me that they actually are that good on their own. (I've been surprised a few times... nothing more embarrassing than thinking someone is worthless in PvP, only to have them faceroll you three times in succession.)

I tend to kill 'locks early: they're squishy and dangerous targets, eh?

I tend to go after rogues because they're dangerous if left to their own devices.

I tend to go after healers because they make my life harder.

I tend to go after gnomes, just because.

I enjoy popping meta form and intercepting warriors, just because it's funny.

... and if I see someone "exploiting" (e.g., stables roof), I tend to /chicken and then try to find some way to kill 'em... then hunt 'em down and make their life miserable.

Healers.

Rogues in open.

Warlocks, hunters because they can wreck if left alone.

Charging into the middle of a group of enemies and bladestorming is a good way to get the shit kicked out of you.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

15+ Year Old Account

Silly moonkins.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

10+ Year Old Account

taget never heard of it ;D

on my enhancement shaman i pop SR and wolves and chase after something that cant heal its self

my mage i pop Icy Veins and combustion and burn down a healer with frostfires and pyros

Warrior is still getting geared but procing Sweeping strikes and retaliation when a rogue or fury warrir is attacking you while standing next to his healer is funny

My Death Knight blood tank i stay away from ele shaman depending on their gear.. lava burst hurts... but i can hold my own pretty well.. fun to mark of blood a fast melee and /laugh as they heal me
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I target the once with low hp/resilience ^^.

priests. always priests..

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    Is it because I am a warrior and hit like a train?
    Probably not.. When I`m on my mage and with a proper frost specc I kinda enjoy 2v1 scenarios or why not 3v1. Pref a pally, dk and random. Makes you sweat and really pay attention. Got no class/race I rather choose in Bg:s tho. Kinda go at everyone coming in my way ;D

Finding it hard not to get zerged as my priest tho, but as long as I stick with a somewhat skilled player thats usually not a problem. Bg:s are a fun way to spend some downtime but I much rather go for world pvp.

// Khoii

Taking PM requests for Signs. Provide close up screenie and what you want it to look like.

I target myself and heal through everything solo players throw at me.
    Maybe even 2 if they don't have the MS debuff.

On the other hand, if i actualy respec, i'll target the people who stand at the back, so i can pick them off for 2 seconds before i'm hit with a cheap shot from a rogue and picked apart with mutilate spam.

When I'm on my hunter I pick the target that seems to have the lowest resilience. On my rogue I tend to pick on non-paladin healers.

I ask my friend "tab" and he tells me who should die next. I'd say healers but generally i just poly/focus counterspell them and go back to spamming deeps.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

spec 60/11/0 or 57/14/0 and check swifty's movie (NO IM NOT A FANBOY!) but he has a nice tutorial with nice warrior tricks that will increase ur survivability. Lots of nice macro's too and he explains how to use them and when.

Deleted

I always go for the Blood elf and Night Elf males, they are disgusting!

if i wasn't a warrior I would go and attack warriors first too

warlocks and hunters ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth
    Silly moonkins.
    And Ele shammies.

target the guy with the flag sticking out of his back, noob...or his healer(s)
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    Let me know! Who do you guys go for first..
    Second guy from the left. Always.