15+ Year Old Account

Re: Who do you taget?

1: Any class that gets seperated from the pack

2: Healers

3: Ranged DPS

4: Mele DPS

5: Tank specs.

From my observations, whenever we have a good scrum going in a BG, or WG, most people tend to ignore the obvious healers (trees, priest's shooting Penance), and instead choose to take on the greater threat/hurdles to victory like the bubbled paladin, a hunter's pet and, most often, the poor sap who's obviously DC'd.

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    Right, over the last few days i've been grinding away in BGs as per usual. The thing i've noticed now more than ever is that when theres group on group action, I am -always- one of the first burnt down. PvPing in battlegrounds as protection gave me much more surviveability, but still, against a group i'd be burnt down pronto. Is it because I am a Tauren and therefore massive? Is it because I am a warrior and hit like a train? Is it both of these? Is it just bad luck on my part? Let me know! Who do you guys go for first, and why? I know the favorite twink is a gnome because they are hard to click on haha

it is all of these things and more, personally i detest prot players in bg's because they are annoying as f#$k and they are usually flag carriers. Some less observant players may think your an arms war about to lolstorm all over their faces.

I normally go for healers first, got to take them out to kill anyone else.

Then i take out anyone on my healers.

After that its anyone who targets me

Nearly nobody said mages, we rule too much

I often go for rogues, because i'm so pissed at them. Before mages were good in pvp they used to get 1shot by rogues (quite literaly sometimes), hence i want my revenge now that i can pwn them

Healers are a nice target too

everyone goes after shamans esp if they know u are resto

what piss me rly off is when u are on ur mount heading to somewhere and some poor noob with like 15k hp change his direction and follows u solo even the fact u have more than 25k+ hp

cmon guys more respect to shamans plz

as a resto shaman i love targeting mages and always make them my focus on bgs , nothing chills me off more than grounding and shcoking everyspell they got

Deleted

Spriest view here. 1st things 1st: Any ranker title from chalenger to gladiator (including the alliance/the horde, conqueror/justicar) will be main targets. Such ppl can really cause problem if they just decided to.

From class to class goes: healers (they do the game if healers are good gg), open rogues (they can cause me trouble when i m up fr another target or can make problems to our healers), warriors-hunters then...the easy food that can make troubles if they open 1st, paladins/locks/other Spriests/Dks are obvious ideal for man'o a' man'o situations. And most of times(if all cd's up) i try to get opened by a rogue...it's so funny when u melt them and they don't belive it :P.

Since I generally heal all the time I focus mostly on that. Recently swapped some talents a bit though and it's quite amusing to moonfire/insect swarm down a non healing class. Even bad rogues still seem to get me almost every time (can we seriously reduce poison applications please lol) so I probably hate them the most . It's pretty amusing though when a hunter thinks that my resto druid will be an easy kill and then I /lol over his dead body.

Rogues imo are the worst, so I try to CC/burst them down given the chance, and next is probably CC healers in anyway possible (attack them, root them out of range, or cyclone). As someone else said though (if we have enough heals going out), I'll just kind of tab DoT people and maybe throw out some wraths on low hp targets to help burst them down.

Whatever my tab focuses on, though I usually try to get shamans and warlocks down.

I feel like I am targetted a lot, I play a ret paladin, heavy gear - do a lot of damage to anyone in reach. They don't usually succeed but I get a hell of a lot of dots on me.

I'm a feral druid.

depends on the battleground honestly, but usually I'll go for the rogues (in battlegrounds usually no one has the necessary amount of resilience) so, not braggin here, but it's quite easy to 3 shot, along with several other classes.

priests, rogues, and moonkin or resto druids as soon as they go into caster form, OM NOM NOM. lol

it's funny, if there's even 1 healer, all you gotta do is go bear and stay at full health for 15 seconds, and everyone in a group will generally ignore you after that haha

As a rogue, I'd basically target anything with only 1 or 2 people around that wasn't plate. Plate doesn't make me happy. D:
    "... Most things that are over-hyped don't live up to it. Anyone remember Halo 3? People were acting like Jesus was being resurrected on their front porch with a plate of chocolate chip cookies and liquid awesome in his wine glass..."

15+ Year Old Account

Mages and Warlocks.

Normally anyone who is close to me, But if I see a healer hanging back ill go around and kill them.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I play Arms Warrior Tauren too. And have noticed how alot of people always change target to me in fights. Even though I join a fight later and such. I have around 32k hp when I PvP, so its not that I am a squishy target.

I simply think people tends to go for the bigger ones, since they think they do the most damage. ^^

(which I ofc do.) :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    I ask my friend "tab" and he tells me who should die next.
    ^this
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithsonian View Post
    YOU ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE CUP?

Everyone knows you should never any liquids, especially around computers. I keep a wetvac and absorbent towels handy in case I ever any liquids. If I ever coffee though, God help me, call 911 because I have more than computer issues.

TL;DR- Always the whole thing in a safe, dry place.

I tend to attack healers, rogues, mages, and locks first. In large group fights I'm usually targeted last though, perhaps because I'm a dwarf and it's easier to click on other races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax
    i completely agree, im tired of all these half assed players jumping ship for what looks nicer in the wg wins, come to nathrezim, we have games where theres only 3 alliance members in wg, 3, its the most epic game of hide and go seek the raid boss

To be honest, larger targets are easier to click on and target if you aren't just spamming tab. I notice that in arenas my warrior partner always gets focused down first even though he outgears myself and our druid PvP gear-wise simply because he's freaking gigantic in comparison to a tree and a blood elf.

In BG's, I go for healers if I can spot them, but if no healers in sight, I set priority by what has the best chance of killing me; if there's a warlock and a warrior, I'm probably going for the warlock first because of their CC and burst damage, while a warrior I can kite around some, but against say a warrior and a ret pally, I'll take on the warrior first simply because the pally is going to bubble and heal to full while the warrior rapes me.

It's all situational as to what gets targeted first, it's just inconvenient for you that you happen to be a tauren and so large.

hunters and boomkins first, because i know that even if its 3 or 4 vs me, i can still drop them before i die usually.

I always go after healers, they cannot sustain their group and stay alive for very long.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Draenei priests seem to attract my attention quite a lot. I wish I'd know why ..
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

don't even think about using shadowform in a BG.... might as well put a hunters mark on you ;<