Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Idea on a new warlock/Shadow Priest/Engineering spell - Manipulate

Manipulate
    X mana Y yd range
    Z sec cast Q min cooldown
    Reagent: Soul Shard

Using dark magic, you attempt to manipulate the mind of a humanoid target. Four possible things can happen:
    1. If the target is friendly and a vendor, its disposition towards you will increase, allowing you to buy uncommon or lesser quality items (maybe below 'Z gold') at a X% discount for Y sec.
    2. If the target is friendly and not a vendor, the target will offer you all his belongings after you've manipulated it. These are only goods a Trade Goods vendor would sell. Can also repair. Lasts Y' sec.
    3. If the target is hostile and a vendor, you will be able to buy off him that which he normally sells (except for faction-specific items) for Y'' sec.
    4. If the target is hostile and not a vendor, you will control it for up to Y''' sec.
    Not usable on players.

Of course, the idea itself has to be worked out properly, etc. But it's just an idea that I had because I feel the interaction between the character and the NPCs isn't perfect yet in WoW.

Criticise and comment!

Re: Idea on a new warlock spell - Manipulate

no

Quote Originally Posted by Scogan
    no
    At least argumentate why you blow off my idea.
    I don't take just 'no' as a constructive answer.

15+ Year Old Account

no
    You won't get much more than this. Because it's a useless spell.

One question : Why warlock only ?

Such spells, if you may call em so, are mostly part of engineering (Jeeves, Mailbox, that other guys...).

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    You won't get much more than this. Because it's a useless spell.
    And another one, just help me here. Why and how is it a useless spell?

Quote Originally Posted by power-akama
    One question : Why warlock only ?

Such spells, if you may call em so, are mostly part of engineering (Jeeves, Mailbox, that other guys...).
    I said it's just an idea I just took the warlock as an example, because manipulating itself is kinda evil.

15+ Year Old Account

me no like

no
    I approve ^ this.

It's just giving 1 class ability to
    1. Decrease cost at willing (yeah, 1 hour CD, and you are gonna buy mammoth/rings/etc each minute, right ?)
    2. Ability to use and posses faction-specific items, such as pets without requirement of neutral auction house management (Or level 1 alt in the opposite faction)
    3. 1 hour CD free gold. (Literally "Free" gold)

I wouldn't mind the
    4. If the target is hostile and not a vendor, you will control it for up to 30 sec.
    Not usable on players

Not OP, 1 hour CD.

Quote Originally Posted by y0wni
    I said it's just an idea I just took the warlock as an example, because manipulating itself is kinda evil.
    check the priest spell book and tell me which class fits a spell like this again?

Warlocks don't dabble in control, they deal in lack of control or self restraint if you want to go about lolore.

Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Verthas
    I approve ^ this.

It's just giving 1 class ability to
    1. Decrease cost at willing (yeah, 1 hour CD, and you are gonna buy mammoth/rings/etc each minute, right ?)
    2. Ability to use and posses faction-specific items, such as pets without requirement of neutral auction house management (Or level 1 alt in the opposite faction)
    3. 1 hour CD free gold. (Literally "Free" gold)

I wouldn't mind the
    4. If the target is hostile and not a vendor, you will control it for up to 30 sec.
    Not usable on players

Not OP, 1 hour CD.

Now that's a constructive answer, unlike the one's I've seen yet. But what do you mean exactly with free gold?

And I forgot to add to the first possibility ( friendly humanoid, vendor ) that it's only possible with uncommon or lesser quality items. Not included the engineering parts of several thousands of gold.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

It's a "fun" spell and serves no purpose in PvP or Raiding, therefore, useless.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    check the priest spell book and tell me which class fits a spell like this again?

Warlocks don't dabble in control, they deal in lack of control or self restraint if you want to go about lolore.

I'm not a lore freak, the spell itself can belong to priests / engineering as well, I don't mind. It's just the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    It's a "fun" spell and serves no purpose in PvP or Raiding, therefore, useless.
    And therefore it would be the only useless spell in the game?

I would much rather have a 'useless' ability like this than some of them who are in the game, tbh.

I'm not a lore freak, the spell itself can belong to priests / engineering as well, I don't mind. It's just the concept.
    For your info.. there are such thing already
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=10726
    and
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=605

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret
    For your info.. there are such thing already
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=10726
    and
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=605

/thread
    Did you even read the 3 other things or did you just come here to flame?

30% discount ... SO much

And just watch for the AH being overflooded with cross faction pets all being sold by warlocks.

Seems to me its all MC and totally not the kind of spell we see in WoW. Interaction with NPCs is for RP, If you really want to just close your eyes and pretend you're in an imaginary world... stay off the cows though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDeyv
    Old things are better than new things. I poop faster than my grandpa and he always tells me how lame it is that i poop so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by whazzz
    30% discount ... SO much

And just watch for the AH being overflooded with cross faction pets all being sold by warlocks.

Seems to me its all MC and totally not the kind of spell we see in WoW. Interaction with NPCs is for RP, If you really want to just close your eyes and pretend you're in an imaginary world... stay off the cows though.
    I'll go back to palying Oblivio then //_-

At least argumentate why you blow off my idea.
    I don't take just 'no' as a constructive answer.
    because it's the dumbest idea i've ever seen for a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuchuu
    because it's the dumbest idea i've ever seen for a spell.
    go through the old shaman and warlock spell books... they have some woppers.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison