Quick Demonology Rotation Question.

Hey guys, so we were doing Twins Val'kyr 25 and DPS sucked, just sucked a lot. Then i checked recount and checked abilities people are using, then i saw a warlock with 4k DPS having 100% dmg from Shadow Bolts.

So my question is: Is Demonology rotation just spamming shadowbolt?

I asked him why not go destro but he said He's sacrafising some DPS so provide the raid with the Buffs.

Hope you all got a good lol out of this thread :P

Re: Quick Demonology Rotation Question.

there hasnt been a shadow bolt spam spec since bc. hes just bad

Then i'm really pissed. Any Guides out there for me to show him?

10+ Year Old Account

Demo rotation isnt just spamming shadowbolts, no. But can feel like that.

you simply keep up curse of your liking. Some use CoD, some use CoA. And you might need to be using CoE.
    The keep up immolate, and spam shadowbolt when you dont need to refresh your dots.
    Also keep the glyph of lifetap procced.

When decimation procs, weave shadowbolts and soulfires. which can be tricky depending on your range.

Really isnt much too it.

15+ Year Old Account

He might be new to the spec. If his pet dies, your raid loses 300+ spell power. If he's struggling with this task, let him work it out.

Otherwise, he needs to be casting Corruption, Agony, and Immolate with Shadowbolt, popping meta whenever able and trying to work in Immolation Aura. At sub 35%, he should be casting in some sort of order

Shadow Bolt
    Shadow Bolt
    Soul Fire
    <Refresh Dots/Life Tap>
    Repeat

Twin Valkyr doesn't lend itself to 1:1 Soul Fire weaving.

R.I.P. YARG

even in tBC all the sbolt spammers were just mindless little epeens checking elitistjerks for their talent specs. no real warlock stayed that spec throughout BC.

Quote Originally Posted by wowremy
    even in tBC all the sbolt spammers were just mindless little epeens checking elitistjerks for their talent specs. no real warlock stayed that spec throughout BC.
    Right...thats why all warlocks were shadowbolt destro until MAYBE sunwell level gear when only a handful were allowed to go fire because of raid comp.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wowremy
    Because anyone with half a brain would realize that boring dps didn't do their raid any good. Especially when as soon as you got T6 gear Shadow Bolt spam out dps'd Affliction by a minimum of 40%.

I mean you're there to have fun, and your raid leader demands that fun > dps, amirite?

R.I.P. YARG

I don't think twins is a great example of pure DPS because of the buff you receive. I'm curious how many times you have done the encounter. If you were attacking the wrong target, then your damage was cut in half. As for the lock with 4k dps, all i can say is 4k dps on twins is terrible unless your gear is really bad. Make sure to watch what your spells are hitting for at the start of every encounter so you always know what is "normal" on each boss for your spells to hit or crit at.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Spamming Shadow Bolts is not the way to go.

Assuming his spec is correct...

He should be maintaining Corruption, Immolation, and one of Curse of Agony/Doom/Elements (depending). As long as the boss is above 35% health, he should be filling with Shadow Bolts.

Below 35%, he should be Soul Fire weaving. That is, cast a Shadow Bolt to get Decimation to proc, then cast Soul Fire (reduced cast time/no soul shard). At the proper range, this is a 1:1 process; at an improper range (or un-demo-friendly fight) it's not (note the earlier post that mentioned this). There are guides out there on how to weave properly... he might want some practice.

Deep Demo won't match up to Destruction on most fights (all other things being equal)... but his DPS will improve if he gets his "rotation" down better.