1. #1041
    Same story, different poster: took an extended break from raiding and am now back in a Firelands guild. Up to 363 ilvl, running Affliction & Demonology.

    My dps is *low*. Like, I've not broken 20K except on Alysrazor low. After extensive forum reading (here, EJ, & PennyArcade), I realized I was misusing Demon Soul and needed to refresh my dots while that was up (especially Doom). I've also made sure I now use Moonwell Chalice; wait; then go into Metamorphosis/Demon Soul when running Demo.

    Other than that, is there anything you guys suggest for me? Here is a log from our Rag kill. I had to swap to Demo after a few fails because I just couldn't keep haunt up with the huge travel time & managing traps in P1.

    <I would put a link to WoL here, but the forum won't let me. Realm: lightninghoof; Guild: dragon fang; Date: 8/25>



    I am obviously the warlock, mythesis: Lightninghoof -> Mythesis [warlock] (again, sorry, the forum won't let me post links)

    Thoughts on spec/gear/glyphs are welcomed. I had been running primarily aff, which is why my gear is haste>crit>mastery. I may be "better" at demo though and swap to a more mastery>haste>crit priority.

    Thanks in advance.

    ~Mythesis

  2. #1042
    High Overlord dunedains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    126
    Hello,
    i got some doubt about affly dots. I know according on the guide that:

    Buffs/debuffs on you are taken to account once, at the end of the cast, when your mana is being withdrawn.
    Buffs/debuffs on target are taken to account on each tick of damage.
    So when i pop trinket plus demon soul i have to recast my dots.

    1) first question: i have to recast Cod, also if is gonna tick soon? maybe has got 5 sec for the next tick i have to re-apply cod?
    2) i have to reapply for ALL the buff that pop-up? like Volcano trinket, or the eanchant on the back, or power torrent eradication etc etc? i think is a dps loss... reallpy for all of them
    3) what is the problem on the travel time for haunt? what is the right time to reapply haunt?
    thx in advance.

    my warlock name is dunedains realm: runetotem
    affly or demo

  3. #1043
    I'm posting in hope that I can get some advice to increase my dps. Here is a link to my guild's WoL from last night. Most of my attempts were around 19k, but some dropped quite a bit lower. These were all wipes, so it has my dots still ticking on boss while I'm dead to lower my dps.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6010&e=6413

    Here is a link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...terlock/simple

    I understand the basics about lock dps. I do decent dps, but get blown away from some of my guildies. I know that some of it is iLvl, but I think there must be something else going on. I shouldn't be getting beat by 9-10k. Also, all the wipes are pre execution phase, so my dps would have increased. I was hoping someone could look at my logs and armory and provide any tips or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

  4. #1044
    Nice 40 strength gem in your shoulders

  5. #1045
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrimony View Post
    Nice 40 strength gem in your shoulders
    disregard that lol. i got those just after domo, but did not have them equipped for the log parses. I was tired when i bought the gem....i'll fix that.

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 06:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by bitterlock View Post
    disregard that lol. i got those just after domo, but did not have them equipped for the log parses. I was tired when i bought the gem....i'll fix that.
    this is now fixed

  6. #1046
    Quote Originally Posted by mythesis View Post
    Same story, different poster: took an extended break from raiding and am now back in a Firelands guild. Up to 363 ilvl, running Affliction & Demonology.

    My dps is *low*. Like, I've not broken 20K except on Alysrazor low. After extensive forum reading (here, EJ, & PennyArcade), I realized I was misusing Demon Soul and needed to refresh my dots while that was up (especially Doom). I've also made sure I now use Moonwell Chalice; wait; then go into Metamorphosis/Demon Soul when running Demo.
    ~Mythesis
    Hmm I'm no lock expert but for starters I'd say if you're geared for affliction(haste instead of mastery as main secondary) that'll hurt your dps. You mentioned not being able to break 20K with 363 ilvl. I'm not trying to put you down but on 351 ilvl(no joke) I did just under 20k on 10m Baleroc, Rhyo, and Beth(wasn't primary aoe'er either). If you set-up your gear right, flask, food, and use the proper rotation listed on EJ I don't see why you wouldn't be doing more than 20k, especially on a standstill fight like Baleroc. I'm not even sure if I'm using the "exact" rotation EJ lists, but here's the priorities I was using(very new to demo so I'm sure it isn't perfect):
    CoE up->Hand of Gui->CoD->corruption->trinket pop+demon soul pop->Demo form->immolation->Shadowflame->Incinerate(MC up)->Soul fire(<25%)->Shadowbolt

    Make sure for single target fights you're using felhunter, for aoe fights felguard is better(make sure you're using felstorm).

  7. #1047
    Thanks Mooji. We are running tonight again and if my dps isn't much better, I'm going to relink some WoL parses (assuming the forums let me).

  8. #1048
    Fluffy Kitten Penguin FTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    CoE up->Hand of Gui->CoD->corruption->trinket pop+demon soul pop->Demo form->immolation->Shadowflame->Incinerate(MC up)->Soul fire(<25%)->Shadowbolt
    You didn't list immolate in there

  9. #1049
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterlock View Post
    I'm posting in hope that I can get some advice to increase my dps. Here is a link to my guild's WoL from last night. Most of my attempts were around 19k, but some dropped quite a bit lower. These were all wipes, so it has my dots still ticking on boss while I'm dead to lower my dps.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6010&e=6413

    Here is a link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...terlock/simple

    I understand the basics about lock dps. I do decent dps, but get blown away from some of my guildies. I know that some of it is iLvl, but I think there must be something else going on. I shouldn't be getting beat by 9-10k. Also, all the wipes are pre execution phase, so my dps would have increased. I was hoping someone could look at my logs and armory and provide any tips or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    any advice?

  10. #1050
    Hi, I am Warician from Arathor (5/7H) the following logs were done with a 375 item level
    Logs i would like you to review (because you are smarter than me)

    /reports/eb08rb2slund89ln/sum/damageDone/?s=1956&e=2329#Warician <afflic on Baleroc heroic
    /reports/c622psvg7xe302g9/sum/damageDone/?s=155&e=420#Warician <demo on shannox heroic


    Basically im lookin for that extra 1-2k dps

    please feel free to be harsh and non-constructive in your criticism.

  11. #1051
    If I'm using Necromatic Focus I know it's worth it for me to hold off Meta/DS until it stacks to 10, should I also hold off my BoD? Another question, since from what I've heard a lot of demo locks "demon" switch for demon souls, what do ya do once out of shards, just stick with felhunter by end of fight?

  12. #1052
    bitterlock:
    you posted a log of a fight were you die all the time, i don't know how the combatlog works then, but there are two things i noticed,
    you're dot uptime is about 80% which is quite low, aim for 95% or more, the other thing: it looks like you forgot your DI buff, at least i couldn't see it the list of 'buffs gained'

  13. #1053
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterlock View Post
    any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    bitterlock:
    it looks like you forgot your DI buff, at least i couldn't see it the list of 'buffs gained'
    If you look at buffs cast, you see that he gave stacks to Tyronica, an arcane mage. That's why he didn't gain any stacks himself, simple solution is to find another target who actually uses dots/hots, preferably resto druids, shadow priests, boomkins, fire mages, feral druids, all of which there were plenty of choices of.

    As for things to improve:
    You're not keeping things up enough, improve you uptimes and remove these gaps:


    Green means that the buff was up, black means it's not up. The hole around 21:30:20-21:30:50 is the first phase transition, the next transition at ~21:34:05. Jinx shows when you had Molten Elementals up and any downtime at that point is kind of excused since killing those could take priority.

  14. #1054

  15. #1055
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    If I'm using Necromatic Focus I know it's worth it for me to hold off Meta/DS until it stacks to 10, should I also hold off my BoD? Another question, since from what I've heard a lot of demo locks "demon" switch for demon souls, what do ya do once out of shards, just stick with felhunter by end of fight?
    you are going to want to pop demon soul with the felgaurd up then asap you want to soulburn the felhunter. the reason for this is because not only does the felhunter do more single target dps, but the haste increase from the DS: felgaurd will increase your felhunters dps by a lot for the duration of that buff. after that you can leave the felhunter out for the rest of the fight

    for more advanced use u can actually soulburn the felgaurd back up to get ready for your next demon soul pop. this strategy will use 3 soul shards if you have 2 metas during the fight.

  16. #1056
    Quote Originally Posted by warician View Post
    you are going to want to pop demon soul with the felgaurd up then asap you want to soulburn the felhunter. the reason for this is because not only does the felhunter do more single target dps, but the haste increase from the DS: felgaurd will increase your felhunters dps by a lot for the duration of that buff. after that you can leave the felhunter out for the rest of the fight

    for more advanced use u can actually soulburn the felgaurd back up to get ready for your next demon soul pop. this strategy will use 3 soul shards if you have 2 metas during the fight.
    Damn demo is some complicated shiot. So the felhunter's dps is only increased while demon soul is up? And one thing I was wondering about, I stuck my FG on a dummy for about 10 minutes hitting felstorm on cd, then put my felhunter on a dummy---the felguard did more dps. I know it isn't a very large sample size, but is there really that big a difference between fh and fg?

  17. #1057
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    Damn demo is some complicated shiot. So the felhunter's dps is only increased while demon soul is up? And one thing I was wondering about, I stuck my FG on a dummy for about 10 minutes hitting felstorm on cd, then put my felhunter on a dummy---the felguard did more dps. I know it isn't a very large sample size, but is there really that big a difference between fh and fg?


    The felhunters dps increases when u have dots on the target such as corruption shadowflame immolation aura immolate and ur bane of doom

    When u add that haste it turnz into an explosion of pet dps

  18. #1058
    Hello there fellow Warlocks!

    I'm a rather new warlock, which you might see from my armory (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tctor/advanced), but I'm more than willing to learn and change what ever I'm doing wrong.

    I have recently gathered some WoL for this very purpose. So I hope this is the right way I have gathered it (which already it isn't, since I just took the gamelogs out manually, and then selected what to upload, didn't knew about the command).

    Anyway, here is the link to the WoL.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...f30/dashboard/

    I'm currently working on getting that Moonwell trinket, and I should have enough VP for the T12 legs by tomorrow (or atleast for next raid).
    I can't really afford the volcano trinket as we speak, since I'm playing on a low populated server and things are rather expensive.

    My best regards,
    Dotctor


    *Had forgot to say my chest isn't enchanted, but it will be, as soon my friend gets back online
    Last edited by Fanatic; 2011-08-31 at 10:11 PM. Reason: wups, enchants!

  19. #1059
    For the last person, I assume you're playing demonolgy mostly, first thing i would do if i was you is change your belt 20int 20 hit gem to a 40 int, and secondly you reforge your Offhand to get some more hit. Level up your Alchemy since you have herb, and eventully drop that for jc or taloring, if your serious about raiding as a warlock.

    Another thing i noticed is your not switching pets during fights, i mean for beth your dps is quite low, and i noticed you used FelGuard all the way threw phase 2, Make a soulburn > felhunter and be ready to switch pets as soon as you get into phase 2.

    Do this for any fight wich has a adds/single target burn phase

  20. #1060
    Thanks for the reply flex213. I'll try and put some effort into getting my proffs up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •