quick 1.

i currently have H Volcanospike + N Molten Scream and i'm about to get Runestaff of Nordrassil . I tried to create a custom profile on CharDev so i can them import it in simcraft, but it seems like i can'T find the damn staff on chardev to make the custom profile. Hit/haste being perfect for aff, i suppose the staff would be an upgrade over that H-MH/N-OH combo ?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...garou/advanced

thanks in advance if you can find a way to test this (or tell me how to get that staff simmed)

Just taking a look at the stat gains should pretty much answer that question for you. The increase in item level makes the staff better.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.52207.52207

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Just taking a look at the stat gains should pretty much answer that question for you. The increase in item level makes the staff better.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.52207.52207
    cool option, rarely use wowhead for that. thanks for the tip !

raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/cho'gall/lylyann/

Is there anything I can fix? (Died on Alysrazor this week due to the add not being picked up..I got clobbered)
    Also, Normal VPLC vs DMC:V? I was told to use VPLC a few weeks ago, just trying to clarify.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/cho'gall/lylyann/

Is there anything I can fix? (Died on Alysrazor this week due to the add not being picked up..I got clobbered)
    Also, Normal VPLC vs DMC:V? I was told to use VPLC a few weeks ago, just trying to clarify.
    Just looking at Shannox here because that's where you're most consistent, and everything looks fine to me. Maybe increase your uptimes, in the case of such a short fight delay Demon Soul (and trinket?) until Drain Soul as you won't get to use them again anyway, but really nothing major. You seem quite up and down on other fights though, which suggests you either let things slip when there is a lot of other stuff going on, or you die. Either way, seems like it's nothing to do with your 'rotation', to me anyway. VPLC is also better, yes.

As a personal aside, not wanting to double post, can anyone confirm/deny for me that CoE contributes towards Shadow Bite damage buff by being considered a DoT effect? Our other warlock's Felhunter consistently does around 1k DPS more than mine despite me having better uptimes on all DoTs and my gear being slightly better. Kinda lazy of me to ask instead of test, but hopefully this will save me from forgetting to do so when I'm home if nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocdd View Post
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-axbjozjt47chgmfl/dashboard/

Hey, I've played affliction for as far back as i could remember and i obviously went demo for ragnaros herioc because of the heavy aoe that demo spec does compared to affli.
    I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong if you check the tries i was demo on and give me some feedback that would be awesome, my guild told me to go back to affliction cuz my demo dps was pathetic and i think it should be higher too.
    I reforge hit to cap, try and get 1580 haste soft cap for the extra immolate tick and then focus on mastery (currently affliction spec/glyphs/reforges on my armory).

Please note i was on traps.
    Thanks
    There's no real point going for an extra immolation tick imo. Stick with full Mastery.

If I take an overall (not-to-detailed) look towards the log, I can find out 2 things very fast. You dont use Shadowflame, where as there are quite some spots to do it, And corruption having an uptime of 75% on a 2min fight (Means you probs didnt get into phase 2).

Considering you're on trap duty, you might not need to worry about this but: I see several molten core proccs not used.

Deleted
    yo,
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h3vt0z9ud7e73eh6/sum/damageDone/?s=9840&e=10247

we r r25 trying to do that ragHC but still my dps is very low (other lock has a better stuff tho he is affli / haste based he doestn have MWC too)
    why my dps is so low ? espcially on aoe ?

thx

Deleted
    @Sster, I take it you are Ygloo?

And you might try talking somewhat.. Well, you know.

Ye i will stick to full on mastery then thanks, it just feels really really slow damage im not so sure whats missing, and ye we are currently wiping on phase 2 second seeds atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    There's no real point going for an extra immolation tick imo. Stick with full Mastery.

If I take an overall (not-to-detailed) look towards the log, I can find out 2 things very fast. You dont use Shadowflame, where as there are quite some spots to do it, And corruption having an uptime of 75% on a 2min fight (Means you probs didnt get into phase 2).

Considering you're on trap duty, you might not need to worry about this but: I see several molten core proccs not used.

Deleted
    Yes soz, was ygloo on this, i get what u mean.
    Im upset of being very low when i play affli & when i play demono, affli has my preference and demono is not the best flavor i like
    I have 2 sets, one haste oriented which i don't use , and one with more mastery (16.5) and 2k+ haste

On raggy HM i find myself low and independantly of the dots uptime considering the fight , i was wondering if i missed things or smthg
    i find myself particulalry low on AOE during add after seeds, don't get why as my pet is sitted next to me and i do a basic hellfile & felguard is felstorming

;-(

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nasek/advanced

Trinket help...

I have DMC:V | VPLC | RoZ.....which two do I use... Been using first two together.

I've been simming and DMC:V wins out everytime. Just want to confirm.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Brewskee View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nasek/advanced

Trinket help...

I have DMC:V | VPLC | RoZ.....which two do I use... Been using first two together.

I've been simming and DMC:V wins out everytime. Just want to confirm.
    VPLC + Roz
    Cyner#1996

Hey all, I don't have any logs or armory to post, just a question about the execution phase (< 25%) for affliction.

Is it worth it to keep up Haunt, 3x Shadow Embrace, and Shadow and Flame, or just Haunt and Shadow and Flame (like the guide says)?

Edit: Disregard this, I read the tooltip after this... for some reason I thought SE was only applied with Shadow Bolt, but nevermind....
    Last edited by Dylicious; 2011-10-30 at 06:53 PM. Reason: I'm a dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Dylicious View Post
    Hey all, I don't have any logs or armory to post, just a question about the execution phase (< 25%) for affliction.

Is it worth it to keep up Haunt, 3x Shadow Embrace, and Shadow and Flame, or just Haunt and Shadow and Flame (like the guide says)?
    You're keeping Shadow Embrace up with Haunt.

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iokan/advanced (Did log in RP gear tho... But my gear is all fine. Is a bit over hitcap tho, 17,15%, mainly just pushed Brill Info Ruby Gems except like in my pants, i got +20 int for the socket bonus , HC version of Volcanospike, offhand etc. Well, Gear is above decent, but I lack a headpice, but whatever )

Problem: I did my first Demo raid yday. Well. At Beth, I was counted for 9,2k DPS. Yes, 9,2k DPS. At Ryholit, I was clocked at 14,9k. At Shanoxx I am not sure, since we did Bucket List and didnt think about it. At Alyz, I was clocked at 16,9k.
    At Baleroc, I was at 27,4k. At Domo, I do not remember but about 18,2k.

Died instant at Rag due to comp shizzl so they did 9man it.

How I do: Most of the time, Il stick with Felhunter. I soulburnt a Felguard a few times for obvious times, like last time on Spiderlings on beth just to be sure, a bit into Ryholith but otherwise il keept Felhunter up. Was about to bring big evil guard out for sons but hey, did die.

Il start off with elements, 2x shadowbolts, Immo, HoG, Corr, DemonSoul (Popfelstorm if Guard out) BoD. Pop MWC, Meta, Aura and Doomguard. Then Il just roll on, combine MWC with Meta but use DemonSoul asap. Keep Corr, up, refreshes Immo with HoG (That I use whenever its up), Refresh BoD when ~15 secs left. Ofc I fits in Shadowflame as much as possible. Incinerat at proccs instead of Shadowbolt and in burnphase ~20 il just go with soulfire and keeps the other up and pop a SB instead on proccs.

And Ofc we didnt poped any WoL for our Achivement run for the Mount, sigh.

Problem

I've recently started playing and raiding again, and I have some low gear which i'm improving fast, but I still seem to have a low dps.

In some herorics I can as much as 16k dps or atleast 14k (Current ilevel 359)

But once I get inside a raid like FL which I was lsat friday I could just only clock 10k dps!

What am I doing wrong??

What I do

I start of with Haunt/Corr/BoD/UA then shadowbolt and refresh, I pop my cooldowns in the right times and use my felhunter and flasks!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ineflue/simple

I know I have some regemming to do and enchanting, no need to comment that!
    Obviously Blizzard needs to hire more Pirates to counter the growing Ninja threat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogerbarnet View Post
    Problem

I've recently started playing and raiding again, and I have some low gear which i'm improving fast, but I still seem to have a low dps.

In some herorics I can as much as 16k dps or atleast 14k (Current ilevel 359)

But once I get inside a raid like FL which I was lsat friday I could just only clock 10k dps!

What am I doing wrong??

What I do

I start of with Haunt/Corr/BoD/UA then shadowbolt and refresh, I pop my cooldowns in the right times and use my felhunter and flasks!

Numbers without context are entirely meaningless. Where did you do 10k in Firelands? Trash? Beth? Baleroc? On what bosses in 5 mans do you usually do 14k? Higher DPS in 5 mans can usually be explained with not really needing to be worried about hit (you're nearly capped anyway, but still) and higher uptime of cooldowns during the fight due to their short duration. Not saying those are the only reasons, but we need more info and you've disregarded gear comments.

As with so many of these posts, saying 'My rotation is x and I do everything right but my DPS is low' either suggests that you aren't, or there's something you're just not telling us. Really though, 5-man DPS can vary greatly, knowing under what circumstances you were doing 10k in a raid is far more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogerbarnet View Post

Even if you say that, this is the #1 thing to comment on and fix if you care about your dps (which you obviously do since you're here). You're currently missing out on about 600 intellect and some stat optimization by being cheap with not enchanting/gemming/reforging your character.

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Linneeaa View Post
    Problem: I did my first Demo raid yday. Well. At Beth, I was counted for 9,2k DPS. Yes, 9,2k DPS. At Ryholit, I was clocked at 14,9k. At Shanoxx I am not sure, since we did Bucket List and didnt think about it. At Alyz, I was clocked at 16,9k.
    At Baleroc, I was at 27,4k. At Domo, I do not remember but about 18,2k.

Died instant at Rag due to comp shizzl so they did 9man it.
    Without knowing what you were assigned to do on each fight, it's hard to give any pointers to what you can improve. For example on Beth'tilac, were you alone on spiderlings, were you on spiderlings with 2 other people, were you on spinners or drone duty, or were you running around without assignment with no idea how the encounter works?

How I do: Most of the time, Il stick with Felhunter. I soulburnt a Felguard a few times for obvious times, like last time on Spiderlings on beth just to be sure, a bit into Ryholith but otherwise il keept Felhunter up. Was about to bring big evil guard out for sons but hey, did die.
    Generally speaking, if there's aoe you should use felguard, so for spiderlings duty and aoeing on Rhyolith you should keep your felguard out until the burn phases.

Otherwise if you don't need the felguard for the aoe, you use him for his Demon Soul effect and use felhunter the rest of the time. Most often this translates to starting the pull with felguard, use his Demon Soul and Felstorm and then burn out your felhunter, whom you keep for the rest of the fight. It is also possible to gain some dps by hard casting felguard before each DS, but at your performance level I wouldn't recommend worrying about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Without knowing what you were assigned to do on each fight, it's hard to give any pointers to what you can improve. For example on Beth'tilac, were you alone on spiderlings, were you on spiderlings with 2 other people, were you on spinners or drone duty, or were you running around without assignment with no idea how the encounter works?

Generally speaking, if there's aoe you should use felguard, so for spiderlings duty and aoeing on Rhyolith you should keep your felguard out until the burn phases.

Otherwise if you don't need the felguard for the aoe, you use him for his Demon Soul effect and use felhunter the rest of the time. Most often this translates to starting the pull with felguard, use his Demon Soul and Felstorm and then burn out your felhunter, whom you keep for the rest of the fight. It is also possible to gain some dps by hard casting felguard before each DS, but at your performance level I wouldn't recommend worrying about that.

Beth - Just kill everything down together with my hunter friend, but leave the drones alive for the achivement.
    When poping TW to burn big spider in P2, she went down so fast that I in fact just poped my cd;s and then she was dead.

Ryholith - Was on fragment and spark duty alone. Was no problem at all, still, bad numbers.

Alyz - Killing Hatchlings and wardens.

Baleroc - Obvious, take shard - do dmg. This was good and i was second at the dps, with a fury warrior ahead.

Domo - Again, easy.

Also, notice that the dps is at least going up, and it was my first demo raid - ever. But still I feel there is stuff to improve. Il make sure il log out in the right gear, and il hope to get a look over at the gemming and such.

I'm regularly posting 16-22k on Heroic Firelands fights. Every indicator I have says my DPS is far below where it should be, but I've exhausted my own analysis as to why, as well as the analytical skills of my guildmates. So now I ask for help.

I currently run a Demo spec, though am capable of aflic as well, though I have similar numbers issues.
    armory *first post and won't let me post links. Look up Hrada on Runetotem US.

for logs, I offer up the following logs
    *Won't let me post links due to first post. Guild Tempest on Runetotem US on world of Logs.

Duties: Shannox: kill boss
    Baelroc - Ranged DPS and 3rd string shard eater
    Ryolith - Adds with a priority of Shards > Spark > oozes
    Domo - Kill boss, stick with group for scorp phase.
    Ragnaros - DPS at range