Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: is there a such thing as TOO much mana?

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    as i suspected, no 25 man heroics
    Doesn't mean much of anything...

Bottom line...unless Blizzard makes an updated version of Greatness like they did for melee in TOC...it will remain the BiS trinket along with probably Meteorite Crystal or Talisman

Quote Originally Posted by Kerow
    There is a Holy pally on my server that has 34k mana unbuffed. Almost 35k and everybody loves to just suck his dick because of it.

hi

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    With power auras it's very simple to time it. There is never a point where you NEED DP, it's a spell there to help with your regen especially in hard modes. I personally use it every 3 minutes when my Avenging Wrath/Divine Illumination is off cooldown.

Sorry if I seem a little elitist, but didn't you just say a few posts back that your spells cost more when you get more mana? That to me just deserves a double facepalm.

Oh and here's you an armory link of a top paladin who uses Darkmoon Card.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7jin&n=Protent (from US 1st Premonition)
    u fail so so bad. that's an alt in the top guild that has never ran 25 regular toc.

met crystal
    pand plea
    tal of res are top 3 trinkets, if u can't get 2 of those, and u got 1, then use the darkmoon card. if u cant get either, use darkmoon card and int one.

don't believe me mister elite, download a program called rawr and tell me what it says are your bis trinkets.

please, fail less when looking up people on armory, looking at acheivemetns is hard.

Sorry if I seem a little elitist, but didn't you just say a few posts back that your spells cost more when you get more mana? That to me just deserves a double facepalm.

fail less before posting, that was some other guy.

With power auras it's very simple to time it. There is never a point where you NEED DP, it's a spell there to help with your regen especially in hard modes. I personally use it every 3 minutes when my Avenging Wrath/Divine Illumination is off cooldown.

the guy never ran ANY toc i am gonna bet that all you did was look up the guild and linked the only one with the trinket you could find to try and prove your point

btw the best in slot trinkets will be meteorite crystal and solace of the fallen heroic...im gonna pass the solace to other healers though i think since they gain more of a benefit from spell power than paladins.

33k mana unbuffed here. AND I WANT MOAR.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

That guy doesn't even have epic gems. How is that an indication of a properly geared pally?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

until you can spam heals on tanks/raid without rolling CDs or use pots and kill the boss AND still have mana left, that's called "too much mana", until then.. no

no becuase int ( and its has been proven) is the best stat to gem/look for for end game encounters. int gives all the stats u need big mana pools are good and um greatness card is garbage i use the 50 badge trinket (128 int) and pandoras plea. greatness is bad and ur bad for saying that and no there is no such thing as to much mana, there will never bee such a thing

Doesn't mean much of anything...

Bottom line...unless Blizzard makes an updated version of Greatness like they did for melee in TOC...it will remain the BiS trinket along with probably Meteorite Crystal or Talisman
    lawl so greatness is BiS over the 3 "clamed" BiS trinket being Meteorite Crystal or Talisman
    or pandoras im pretty sure these 3 our better and in a previous post u put that you go in EJ.com
    well clearly you dont becuase they do not say greatness is BiS becuase its garbage and should be sold your just mad becuase you looked stupid in a post and you have to cover it up with BS that greatness is even good

Someone lock this thread.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

lol @ greatness being "20%" of his mana pool back if he pops DP with it, i mean hell, 300 int might well be 80% of your mana pool, and if it is, good luck with that.

there is a point where your mana regen will become too good, its a long way from feaseable though, once you can go an entire fight without having to work in a plea and not have everybody die when you do, then yes, you have enough mana, but frankly, spell power = overhealing, crit = overhealing and regen, so we cap haste, thats done? Great, stack more int, nothing else is worthwhile untill people double their current HP pools, or tanks take enough damage you need more spell power to top them off.

Quote Originally Posted by coors
    Hell yes there's such a thing as too much mana. I fucking lolololol when I see you pallys with ~33k unbuffed. So much of that is wasted. All the mana you don't use is fucking wasted.
    welcome to fail, u just joined the nub who thinks greatness is bis.

As soon as you can spam Holy Lights nonstop, refresh Beacon and SS once a minute, use Holy Shock liberally, and never use Divine Plea over the entire duration of a 15-minute boss fight (with two heroisms, full haste buffs, and no glyph of SoW or glyph of Divinity), you have enough mana. Anything beyond that would then, technically, be "too much" mana.

At that point, haste would be the ideal stat to stack, but nobody is going to reach that point with the gear that is currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by fex
    At that point, haste would be the ideal stat to stack, but nobody is going to reach that point with the gear that is currently available.
    going beyond 676 haste is making your flash of light equalling GCD. You really don't need to gem it to get to that level. Keep stacking Intellect no matter what is what I think.

Currently I am almost 37k fully buffed mana pool. With greatness proc (and power aura to help me see when) I hit divine plea along with avenging wrath/divine illumination (to help maximize what i gain while healing and minimize the 50% reduced healing debuff) and earn around 45% back instead of the 25% divine plea gives. That's a full extra 20% mana every minute (3 mins if i want to wait for AW/DI cooldown) This does not even take into account how much extra i'd get from replenishment.

So yes, the more you get the better that becomes, not to mention arcane torrent if you're a blood elf.
    I missed this initial post talking about how you view this trinket.

This is not at all how Greatness works. It seems as though you're under the mistaken assumption that it gives you 300 Int worth of mana. It does not. If left alone, all the regen this proc would provide would be 15 seconds of slightly increased replenishment based on your increased mana pool.

The proc is a static 300 Int. So if you manage to Plea on a proc, it will always give you the same amount of mana return. You will have 300 more Int. So your plea will give back a static 25% of the extra mana provided by 300 Int. There's no scaling with your other Int. 300 additional Int is 300 additional Int is 300 additional Int. Period. Never mind how stupid it is to base your Pleas around a random proc instead of lulls in combat. This thing will proc on your first 10 seconds of combat. Do you Plea then? And don't forget the fact that this item will proc roughly every 50 seconds and Plea is on a 60 second CD. So I call BS on your "once every minute" scenario.

If you're lucky, you might be able to line up two Pleas with this proc in any given fight. Lazy rounding math says that will get you back like 2850 mana (300 int is ~5700 additional base mana. A quarter of that times two is 2850) over the course of a fight. Comparatively, assuming the average proc rate of ~50 seconds, Tears of the Vanquished will proc you 3500 mana over a 6 minute fight.

This trinket is not bad, mind you. It is just nowhere near BiS. It wasn't even BiS when the expansion shipped and all we had was Naxx. Let alone now that we've got things like Solace of the Defeated, Talisman of Resurgence and Meteorite Crystal.

I could use a laugh, so I'm also going to ask you how you think AW and Illumination are contributing to your mana gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Thissi
    going beyond 676 haste is making your flash of light equaling GCD. You really don't need to gem it to get to that level. Keep stacking Intellect no matter what is what I think.
    HL is still our main healing spell. Haste over the "FoL Soft Cap" is not as useful, but still lowers cast time on HL. Personally, I'm gunning for 1000+ before IC.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Short answer: No, there isn't.

Long answer: Yes there is. Eventually boss damage will start start to scale more proportionally to everyone's maximum mana pool- That is to say, you'll have to cast more/bigger heals and use more mana to balance the effect of having so much mana in the first place: However this takes the content of this conversation out of context and places it in an unlikely scenario.
    this is pobably the most accurate answer i've seen thus far, even though it is explained sorta weirdly
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Parium
    this is pobably the most accurate answer i've seen thus far, even though it is explained sorta weirdly
    Try this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    If mana pools inflate too quickly across the board, the devs increase the tank damage done and increase the amount of heals needed, usually resulting in more mana consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    That guy doesn't even have epic gems. How is that an indication of a properly geared pally?
    Also, to the guy who quoted this as a top paladin, who has never even done 25 man ToC? please..... dont use these guys as an example....