Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: A Hunters and a Ret. Paladin.. Insight please!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe
    Yeah, that`s right mate. I am just a bad Hunter who never learned to kite and I am doing it wrong. This is why one Paladin spec has got more representation in Arena than the entire Hunter class, and this also why the Hunters who made it above 2.5k rating all know each other by name. It`s Plops and four more.
    heh are you a little butthurt there buddy?

First of all OP said he does " Mostly BG's" so take ur pole humping arena ratings and feedem to your pet...
    I can't remember anyone ever saying that hunters were "well represented" in arena's....EVER...and it's got nothing to do with pallies and everything to do with our limitations as a pet lovin, range crippled, survivability challenged class.

BTW, have u considered using talent points?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunthunter
    then u have yet to face a good pally
    /facepalm
    Or he understands there are massive limitations on our abilities to move freely. Pallies are a free kill to any range class that can kite, only exception here MIGHT be a prot pvp pally.

In the lower skilled "brackets" of players we will face roll you sure, but once you learn the basics of your class you will find most classes have a bigger tool box than pallies.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntdanoobs
    the thread is about 1v1 against ret pallys not arena.

Rets don't have many gap closers if we are talking about 1v1.

Sure they have the 15% speed, but just turn aspect of the cheetah on and off and use frost trap as ur pet stays on him.

Besides for the 15% speed, they have hand of freedom, but that has a what? 33% uptime or so if used every time off cd
    No thanks, mate. I prefer my Rogue. When I log my Rogue, I transform immediately from a bad Hunter who never managed to learn to kite in 4 years play to a Super Ninja. My skill goes up by 300%. There is nothing wrong with Hunters and Rets are not imba as you say. It`s just me. I am just so much more skilled when I log Rogue.

It says so on the character selection screen: YOUR PVP SKILL WENT UP BY 300%. Sounds familiar? It should. It`s from the World of Roguecraft Part I. Nerf Rogues? I mean, how are we even ALLOWED to solo kill a Hero Class?
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

No thanks, mate. I prefer my Rogue. When I log my Rogue, I transform immediately from a bad Hunter who never managed to learn to kite in 4 years play to a Super Ninja. My skill goes up by 300%. There is nothing wrong with Hunters and Rets are not imba as you say. It`s just me. I am just so much more skilled when I log Rogue.

It says so on the character selection screen: YOUR PVP SKILL WENT UP BY 300%. Sounds familiar? It should. It`s from the World of Roguecraft Part I. Nerf Rogues? I mean, how are we even ALLOWED to solo kill a Hero Class?
    Thank god this guy's not a hunter anymore, am I right?

Paladins WERE op in 3.0, borderline in 3.1, and a joke now. We can be kited easier then pretty much any other class, and anybody with half a brain, if that, can rofl us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbanne
    Thank god this guy's not a hunter anymore, am I right?
    yea you hit the nail on the head, and his fail use of sarcasm makes him look that much better.

300% of 0 is still 0.
    I don't think it matters what class you play, a level 1 paladin could kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexar
    300% of 0 is still 0.
    I don't think it matters what class you play, a level 1 paladin could kill you.
    bmwahaha

If you choose to go after a pally 1v1 and he sees you coming you MUST have your trinket. The first thing he'll do is range stun you. You break stun as soon as it hits. He can't stun you again unless he's in melee range... that's the biggest advantage you have as a hunter.

Make sure you're spec'd for entrapment. Drop a frost trap and disengage. If he pops out of the entrapment send your crab in for the 4 second snare. At this point you can disarm him with scorpid sting or just burst him down. Along with using scatter shot you should have enough time to kill most pally's. If he breaks your cc and is on the loose you can either run or kite in a circle while still attacking. Improved concussive shot comes in handy here.

Obviously if things go south and he bubbles it's usually best to just run away and come back when the bubble fades. The main thing to keep in mind is you MUST stay at range the entire time. If you let him close and get the 2nd stun there isn't a damn thing you can do and you will die unless he's completely undergeared.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Make sure you're spec'd for entrapment. Drop a frost trap and disengage. If he pops out of the entrapment send your crab in for the 4 second snare.
    I dont play like that if i do stun as first, u trinket and disengage which screams me to hit you with repentance. Any possible Slowing ur imba crab makes can be taken off with freedom and then im back into ur skin hammering you.
    Zenlyth
    Blue Poster
    "freedom of speech", unfortunately, does not belong in the World of Warcraft environment.

Thanks for the various replies, they helped me put things into perspective

I did not expect a unanimous answer, but take comfort in the fact that I am not entirely alone (at least) in having a occasional hard time beating ret paladins in (primarily) bg settings..

Guess I need to abuse Readiness more at least ;D

1 on 1 i don't think it's an issue if u r both similarly geared. no.1 rule dont ever let him get to melee range of u. jump shot, strafe shot w/e kite his sorry ass.

marksmen is the probably the most suitable for beating pallies, since u get silencing shot+concussive barrage+readiness and most marks specs take the points in survival for entrapment+scatter shot.

Scatter-trap (scatter shot then lay a trap ontop of him).
    run 41 yards in any direction.
    fire away, using silencing when he is around 10k.
    readiness, silencing when he is at 8k (should be from your auto shot).

should be dead.

if not, you basically loose, except if you lay down another ice-trap when h cmes to you, walk around 35 yards and pray that SerS doesnt break it the first .5 secon so that you can use skorpid to make the trap not break.

then try something like snake, fire and so on above one another and fire away again, pray he is dead.

if he isnt you are.

end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunthunter
    then u have yet to face a good pally
    /facepalm
    Is it possible to fail more than you?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)