Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury DPS Improvements

Hey guys just looking for some tips/advice on trying to maximise my dps, currently i average about 3700-4700 so looking for any help that can help me get those numbers up thanks

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mar&n=Berethor

Re: Fury DPS Improvements

redoing your sockets to all str and a nightmare tear will be a lot better than you're concoction of str/crit str/stam gems
    arp for fury(at least how i see it) is only great if you can cap it or get it stupidly high (rekt is a prime example >.>)
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Your gear isn't bad at all, obviously your dps will always depend on the fight. But I would recommend replacing all your arp gems with 20 strength, if you want a socket bonus then go with something like strength/stam or strength/crit.

Arp is great for warriors but I wouldn't gem for it. Gem strength b/c you get a 20% bonus to it and your most damaging attacks are based of atk power. Gem strength and get gear with strength and arp.

ye, like the other guys said, replace your ArP gems for STR instead. Also try to get a trinket with ArP proc grim toll or Mjolnir runestone those are pretty nice to have instead to gem pure for ArP imho

also try to get some more crit as well

Quote Originally Posted by irongar
    ye, like the other guys said, replace your ArP gems for STR instead. Also try to get a trinket with ArP proc grim toll or Mjolnir runestone those are pretty nice to have instead to gem pure for ArP imho

also try to get some more crit as well
    Got grim in the bank but not sur ei should swap it due to the hit should i? and yea i thoguht gettin rid of the arp gems would help been slack since i respec'd from arms. Thanks alot for the input guys

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

3700-4700 in that gear? omg ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sanju
    3700-4700 in that gear? omg ^^

Do i detect sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Akmed
    no offence, but you FUCKING SUCK if thats the dps youre doing with your gear... i mean really dude, pick it up...
    Been playing a warrior for 4 and a half years now i know how to play all spec well i know all rotations etc so im confused where i suck? How much dps should i be doing in said gear then?

kk main problem i see is that your offhand isnt at yellow hit cap . get your hit to 13% w/talent and you would probly see your dps go up. ie grim toll may be all you need. and shoot for like 6% expertise too frees up some room for other stats.
    woah kk just noticed something in your spec ... how is your rage generation? it doesnt look like it would be good .

Ok replaced all gems with 20str ones except for one 20crit in the gloves just left that there for socket bonus :P
    and yup got grim tolll in the mix now but keepin victor's call otherwise i go well below expertise cap so now hit is at 9.97% without talents so thanks for all the constructive critisism guys

You need to figure out a way to drop some expertise, which is going to be rough for you since you have 2 pieces of gear with most of your expertise on it. You may need to pick up pieces and just keep them in your bags for a bit.

You are still gemmed for every socket bonus (unless armory hasn't updated yet). I don't see your Grim Toll, even though you say you equipped it. The one that really jumped out at me was the gem in your bracers. I don't know why you didn't put a pure red gem in a prismatic slot. The only bonuses you should ever try to pick up are strength bonuses and then only if you don't need to do something dumb like 2 blue gems. Again, if armory hasn't updated, ignore this entire paragraph.

On the topic of ArP, I would like to know where everyone here gets their information. Everything I have read, every spreadsheet I have played with, etc, has ArP outperforming strength until the cap. With you having a grim toll, you should be shooting for 58ish% ArP so when the proc occurs you hit 100%. Personally, I need to use 6 out of my 19 gems for +20 ArP gems to hit 52% (I have a runestone) and then gemmed strength everywhere else. I would highly recommend using some sort of gear optimization tool. A lot of time, research and math is put into those, and they are relatively accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudExcalibur
    Been playing a warrior for 4 and a half years now i know how to play all spec well i know all rotations etc so im confused where i suck? How much dps should i be doing in said gear then?
    You should be able to do 5-7,5k dps with your current gear at a stable fight, btw are you meaning on dummies slefbuffed or when you're raiding with all buffs active?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

first of all i dont see why everyone said reslot to str instead of ArP since u have grim toll, which shud grant u close to 100% arp when it procs, other then that..~4k is extremely low for that type of gear, make sure ur using the correct spec, glyphs and most important, rotation. do NOT fuckup any heroic strikes nor slams and u shud be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    first of all i dont see why everyone said reslot to str instead of ArP since u have grim toll, which shud grant u close to 100% arp when it procs, other then that..~4k is extremely low for that type of gear, make sure ur using the correct spec, glyphs and most important, rotation. do NOT fuckup any heroic strikes nor slams and u shud be fine.
    I'm asuming my spec isn't exactly optimal for max dps but i'm the only raiding warrior so i tend to go for imp shouts etc mainly for comm shout just to help out the tanks, as for glyphs i usually just go with ww,cleave and bloodthirst i was unaware if there are better ones for fury?
    Also yes this is my dps raid buffed i tend not to bother with dumbies as it's too boring ^^
    So if there is any advice for glyph/spec changing would be helpful.

I was doing 3.7-4.7k when I was in Naxx and i understand that furys chance to do that in uld went down after the TG nerf but with the gear you have now you should be well above the 4.7 mark if your hitting your rotation on time.

I hvnt played since april so correct me if im wrong.

My current rotation is to start with BT followed by WW then BT then WW and slam when it procs and some HS thrown in when WW and Bt are on cd or i have 60-70+ rage.

hmm

do you have a mod for your bloodsurge proc?

timing of it is very important

i used Slam Alert.

Nopei tend to just use my eyes for slam procs very rarely miss them unles si have no rage

I didnt start off using a mod but once I did start using it, i saw a HUGE difference.

I didnt think i was missing many either but the difference in my dps after i added the mod, showed that i was.

First off drop bloodthirst glyph and get Heroic Strike. Bloodthirst does absolutely nothing for your dps. You should also drop the cleaving glyph in favor of execute. In ToC the only fights where a cleaving glyph will matter are Jarraxxus if 3 infernals are magically stacked ontop of each other, and heroic anub'arak. In all other fights glyphed cleave doesn't hit any extra targets.

Next, get Tuskarrs Vitality instead of Icewalker. Icewalker, above hit cap, is at most a 20 dps increase. In a boss fight like Icehowl, if runspeed to boots will get you to icehowl even one GCD faster, you have now done more than 20 dps. Also it's very helpful for heroic icehowl, as you do not get the speed boost.

Third your rotation is wrong. At your gear level you should never be rage starved to the point where you cant HS on every attack. You need to be queueing it up all the time. Getting the HS glyph will help here a lot. As far as slams go, you need to use them every time your WW and BT have more than 1.3ish seconds left on their CD. I say 1.3 because you can cheat the system with server lag. You also need to be sure you're above atleast 50 rage, so you you have enough rage for a slam, a HS, and a WW, incase your whites both miss and your HS does not crit.

You would also do well to free up some hit somewhere. As fury you only need 5% w/ talents. If for some reason you can't free up hit, you could look into removing the 3 points in precision and putting 2 into imp execute and one into imp zerker rage. However I don't know that this would really be that much of a dps increase, if any at all, spreadsheat it imo.

Also, get a slam mod. Looking at your buff bar for a slam mod is a bad idea. One, you're going to miss slam procs and two, now you're looking at a buff bar instead of looking at the boss or looking at what's going on around you. Get a slam mod, listen for the beep. Push your slam button.