Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 22k mana unbuffed. Gem for haste?

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    most "good" shaman in "good" guilds will have 2 or more sets of gear, one for int/crit and one for haste

which set to wear depends on the boss and what you are assigned to heal
    What fights would you say are better healed by a shaman in an int/crit set, as opposed to a shaman in a haste set?

I'm holding the BS flag behind my back, ready to skewer you with it, unless you come up with some answer that makes me learn something I didn't know (in which case I'll run with the knowledge, and claim credit for it).

Bear in mind, my opposition to your statement is based off of the idea that a shaman only builds a "haste" set, after getting his gear to a certain point in SP/Int/Crit/Mp5, which would mean that any "haste" set includes sufficient amounts of int/crit anyway.

vezax, yogg
    anub
    any raid fight where you are assigned to tank heal
    all 5 man content

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    What fights would you say are better healed by a shaman in an int/crit set, as opposed to a shaman in a haste set?

I'm holding the BS flag behind my back, ready to skewer you with it, unless you come up with some answer that makes me learn something I didn't know (in which case I'll run with the knowledge, and claim credit for it).

Bear in mind, my opposition to your statement is based off of the idea that a shaman only builds a "haste" set, after getting his gear to a certain point in SP/Int/Crit/Mp5, which would mean that any "haste" set includes sufficient amounts of int/crit anyway.
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

just because you can't "keep up" with the druids and priests doesn't mean that shaman as a class can't, maybe you need to rethink your playstyle

And, maybe you need to read a little bit more closely before replying with a jerky attitude. What Ushra is saying is in direct agreement with Mek's article on resto shamans' state, in the current content.

Ushra didn't say he can't keep up; he said he "wasn't" keeping up. The 2nd paragraph could be worded more clearly for a forum, but Ushra is implying that without sufficient haste, that resto shamans can't keep up with priests and druids in the current content (which is 100% true). And, like Mek, he's advocating adding haste where you can, but not to the point of unbalancing the other core stats.

vezax, yogg
    anub
    any raid fight where you are assigned to tank heal
    all 5 man content
    5 man content? Seriously?

In other words, a "good" shaman, from a "good" guild is going to keep a 2nd set of int/crit gear, just to heal 5 mans? Come on, dude - I think you'd agree that that's a stretch.

As for the tank healing in raids, I'll grant you some props on those. I'd say they're situational, at best, since I can't see why a "good" guild would go very long without having a holy pally or two on tank heals. Shamans just can't be as good, at tank healing.

IMO:

Shaman are pretty versatile. All in your play style. For me, if I was mainly running Guild 25man raids I'd go more for haste. Lately I've been playing 10mans w/ friends and pugging 25s. I like being more of a spot healer/tank topper/ chain healer when neeeded.

Knowing when damage is coming is key to being a good healer.
    But ya, more on point I don't like haste. More of a Crit SP guy, and even though its not my main focus I'm usualy #1 or #2 on healing meters.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Arthas&n=Addem

p.s
    Just got the shield last night and went to bed before Geming it.

i listed every situation (outside of naxx) where an int/crit set would be better than a haste set

as for tank healing
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...=13048&e=13568
    looks like i did just fine, while providing the tanks with a 10% physical damage reduction taken buff, something a pld can never provide

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    5 man content? Seriously?

In other words, a "good" shaman, from a "good" guild is going to keep a 2nd set of int/crit gear, just to heal 5 mans? Come on, dude - I think you'd agree that that's a stretch.

As for the tank healing in raids, I'll grant you some props on those. I'd say they're situational, at best, since I can't see why a "good" guild would go very long without having a holy pally or two on tank heals. Shamans just can't be as good, at tank healing.
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

I agree with you Xhale. I too am not a huge fan of haste and haven't been since they started introducing us to it in B.C.

It also tends to rely on what comp you are running with as to what stats to stack too. Personally I run with a Disc priest, druid and myself in our main 10 man group and it's very rare that either the druid or priest come close to me on the meters (understandable for the priest obviously).

I would like to know where all of of you people are finding priests and druids that you can't keep up with? Last night our 10 man ToTC group had a priest and druid (different ones then the two I mentioned in the previous paragraph) healing along with myself and I ended up doing 45 percent of the total healing with them doing 22 percent each.

Maybe having FPS reflexes and low lag makes up for my lack of haste stacking (still in the high 300's) but I always seem to be the first healer to get a heal off 80 percent of the time.

i listed every situation (outside of naxx) where an int/crit set would be better than a haste set

as for tank healing
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...=13048&e=13568
    looks like i did just fine, while providing the tanks with a 10% physical damage reduction taken buff, something a pld can never provide
    First, grats on the twins 25 heroic kill, and if you've gotten anub 25 heroic down since then, grats on that as well.

However, the link you showed me had 9 wipes on Anub. You can't show that data, and argue for the effectiveness of a shaman tank healer. In fact, for fight 5 that you directly linked, both holy pallies were above you in healing. As much as you healed with LHW, their holy light and beacon are simply better tank healing tools. And yes, you provide a 10% DR, which is awesome, but a holy pally's beacon is something a resto sham can never provide.

@ doctorgabel: You're absolutely right, that reflexes are a key part. I'm also at a point now where my haste is in the 300s, and I don't have any problems. The best resto sham on my server has something like 953 haste, though. Prior to regemming from int/sp to haste, I was tailing a good 1k hps behind our pallies, priests, and druids. When I switched to gearing for haste, I evened out, and on many fights, come out on top. Even then, at some point, the conversation has to turn away from meter-topping, and come back to "Did I keep the guy alive?"

As for the discussion of "I don't like haste," I suggest that you and Xhale read Mek's article:

http://www.ensidia.com/home/shaman-r...art-1-general/

Excerpt:

-Haste: The Chain Heal Stat.

This is another section re-written for 3.2. This is mainly because it's actually not "The Chain Heal Stat" anymore. Haste now counts towards all of your heals since your LHW is not going below a 1 second cast anymore. Healing Wave gains a massive amount from it due to the very long untalented base cast. In 3.1 you didn't need this stat because you mainly just used LHW and instants, i.e. very short casts so you wanted your heals to be bigger instead of faster (hence Spell Power stacking). In 3.2 everything can be made faster and in this game healing faster is much more likely to save lives as a Resto Shaman. So yes this stat is now a lot stronger, yes Chain Heal and Healing Wave are now buffed and viable. This is the stat you start pushing as high as you can as long as your other stats are high enough to keep up with your regen and heal size.

4p is worth it, you shouldn't be looking for for better stats from ele tier. There is plenty of good gear in ToC where you can make sure you are balanced on Crit/Mp5/Spellpower/Int. Just make sure when choosing gear you don't think only of haste but other stats.

15+ Year Old Account

Spellpower/crit/int setup might give you 1st or second spot on healing, question is, is it worth it?
    Answer: No its not worth it.

You will end up with more overhealing than what good is from only gemming spellpower which at the end of the day makes it useless since you dont benefit from overhealing. Would you have had haste you would have been able to heal faster and that would benefit you way more.
    Intellect, its not useless no thats true, but you never go oom. Again haste is more valuable.

There are absolutely no need for 2 gear sets, and no, top guild resto shamans dont use 2 sets, they know that their haste set/build is way more valuable than overhealing with crit/spellpower.

As ive mentioned i run with 250 ~ mp5 23k mana and no mana problems in either 25man hardmodes or 10man hardmodes.

Last but not least, it seems like you live for recount - its a bad habbit, you should get rid of it :/

Deleted

Haste > every other stat.

It's brillaint for tank healing and raid healing. You get out more spells = more healing = more likely to crit = more improved water shield procs.

Also t9 4p is worth it. 5% crit is not to be laughed at. I would surgest only getting 4 t9 and not all 5.
    Since the tidal waves change haste is a very important stat for any role you will be filling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    Last but not least, it seems like you live for recount - its a bad habbit, you should get rid of it :/
    This is a huge problem with shaman healers. Expecially if you healed BT/SWP you liked seeing your self with 30%-35% healing and above every single healer. Healing meters should mean shit to you, and should never calculate your healing against another class. So many people lack the objective to healing which is heal you assinged target (raid or tank) the most efficient way. This also means if you are healing tanks you don't zerg heals to raid to boost your EPHS/HPS because it will cause your tank to die. As a raid healer you can heal tanks to help tank healers but you need fast reflexes to heal the raid and also make sure you are manageing your mana for that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Melarix
    This is a huge problem with shaman healers. Expecially if you healed BT/SWP you liked seeing your self with 30%-35% healing and above every single healer. Healing meters should mean shit to you, and should never calculate your healing against another class. So many people lack the objective to healing which is heal you assinged target (raid or tank) the most efficient way. This also means if you are healing tanks you don't zerg heals to raid to boost your EPHS/HPS because it will cause your tank to die. As a raid healer you can heal tanks to help tank healers but you need fast reflexes to heal the raid and also make sure you are manageing your mana for that fight.

This is the truth. Too many times I have seen people assigned to heal the MT, trying to raid heal, and the tank goes down. This is the one place where I check healing on recount, click the person then cycle through and see who they healed. If they have the entire raid as healed, they get to be informed again that their job is to heal the MT / OT only or be replaced.

But as for the original subject, I am going to gem for more haste, resto is kind of my offspec so I have not put alot of time into it.