Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Seal of Corruption Nerf: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie
    Here is the strange thing. We don't use Seal of Corruption in PvP, and even a small nerf like this wouldnt have that much effect in PvP. We are not crying about it. Just asking why change it at all?
    small nerf? Am I reading it wrong? going from 15% to 13% is a 13.33% nerf *(1-(13/15))*

Quote Originally Posted by Weavers
    small nerf? Am I reading it wrong? going from 15% to 13% is a 13.33% nerf *(1-(13/15))*
    I just see it as a 2% ap and 1.3% sp nerf.

I just see it as a 2% ap and 1.3% sp nerf.
    But thats the dmg it does, so its reducing it by 2% ap and 1.3% sp, thats a 13.33% and 16.7% decrease respectively

Quote Originally Posted by Weavers
    But thats the dmg it does, so its reducing it by 2% ap and 1.3% sp, thats a 13.33% and 16.7% decrease respectively
    Whatever the numbers are, it still doesnt make sense to nerf it.

you don't seriousy ask, why... do you?

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    And you got him to 30% without him touching you. How is that any more balanced?
    And how is balanced to die in 1 fear from a destr warlock? or from one elemental shaman when ur hexed? if those are fair then you fail big time !!!!

Btw... why did we need a nerf...? [im like 5-6-7 on the metters already and i simply cant beat DK's ,feral droods and ofc hunters]

10+ Year Old Account

Re: SoC Nerf: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    1. Change the title, or people will think you are talking about Seal of Command
    2. If they reduce the damage of one spell, they can compensate with another (Interrupt hopefully?)
    They could easily give us an interrupt on exorcism if they wanted to, its not instant unless you have an art of war proc as ret & the 15 second cooldown makes it have a reasonable cool down.

At this point I wouldn't get my hope up because the chances of them keeping their word & giving us the tools they promised in exchange for the burst nerf most likely wornt happen till cata.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Here is the strange thing. We don't use Seal of Corruption in PvP, and even a small nerf like this wouldnt have that much effect in PvP. We are not crying about it. Just asking why change it at all?
    Pretty sure he was using it, I'm afraid I don't have a combat parse to prove it though. :P I'm just suggesting that it's probably for PvP reasons rather than PvE reasons since empirically, ret pallies aren't overperforming in PvE DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    And you got him to 30% without him touching you. How is that any more balanced?
    It's more balanced because he had time to react. He also had a spare bubble iirc, I only got him to 30% because he couldn't be bothered to use it. It's also more balanced because it's something I can only do once every 5-10 minutes, whereas he only used a HoJ plus a couple of dps abilities and could pull it off at least once a minute. And finally, if it hadn't been a 1v1 situation, his teammate would have had ample time to help him, since it took me a good 10-15 seconds (CS, 5pt KS, vanish and CS again) to get him down to 30% whereas he wrecked me in about 4. Maybe I can get my pally alt into some raids and sponge up unwanted ret gear...
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by starwarriors
    And how is balanced to die in 1 fear from a destr warlock? or from one elemental shaman when ur hexed? if those are fair then you fail big time !!!!

Well, these guys are pretty much dead when a melee comes in melee range.. How is that fair?
    They got massive burst so they would survive against a melee, if they screw up somewhere. They're dead.

Looks like it is unintended data mind and not really going through, according to GC:

I am not aware of any change to the damage of SoV / C in 3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrikan
    Maybe I am crazy, but why did we need a pve nerf?
    Maybe I am crazy, but why not?
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Akina_0WN3D
    Maybe I am crazy, but why not?
    Why nerf something that is not OP or UP?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleech
    The only reason I can see for them doing this nerf is cause Icecrown will be heavily orall undead. With it being all undead we gain our +1% dmg glyph, Holy Wrath, and 100% crit on Exorcism.
    I agree with this.

Why nerf something that is not OP or UP?
    Maybe... to see palas cry?
    This user has been banned.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    Pretty sure he was using it, I'm afraid I don't have a combat parse to prove it though. :P I'm just suggesting that it's probably for PvP reasons rather than PvE reasons since empirically, ret pallies aren't overperforming in PvE DPS.

It's more balanced because he had time to react. He also had a spare bubble iirc, I only got him to 30% because he couldn't be bothered to use it. It's also more balanced because it's something I can only do once every 5-10 minutes, whereas he only used a HoJ plus a couple of dps abilities and could pull it off at least once a minute. And finally, if it hadn't been a 1v1 situation, his teammate would have had ample time to help him, since it took me a good 10-15 seconds (CS, 5pt KS, vanish and CS again) to get him down to 30% whereas he wrecked me in about 4. Maybe I can get my pally alt into some raids and sponge up unwanted ret gear...
    The thing you and most other ppl don't realize is that while other classes have multiple abilities to fall back on in a bad situation the paladin has very few. We have the bubble that has a 5 min cooldown, the stun and ranged sap (repentance breaks on damage so its useless if there are dots working) that both have a 1 min cooldown & that's it. while these abilities are great in pve they are not that good in pvp because while powerful they dpnt leave much of an option for what to do when things go bad & if our enemies know how to counter them we have nothing else to fall back on. It's the gift and cure we have, There powerful abilities against idiots who don't know wtf their doing but against decent players they are gimmicks at best.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleech
    Looks like it is unintended data mind and not really going through, according to GC:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/2012...ion-nerfs.html

Stop your crying people.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Right just because GC doesn't know of any doesn't mean much, After all he didn't even know how half the Paladin talents worked anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Well, these guys are pretty much dead when a melee comes in melee range.. How is that fair?
    They got massive burst so they would survive against a melee, if they screw up somewhere. They're dead.
    Your correct to and what does that mean? WoW is not balanced at all and most classes an specs can faceroll... so i hope blizz will stop nerfing PVE stuff cus some miss-guided pala is using it in pvp ;p

It's impossible for blizz not to nerf pala, therefor they made pieces of paper with different pala mechanics and abilitys on them and put them in a bowl for random nerfs each patch.

This time they just happened to get the Seal of corruption note

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    Right just because GC doesn't know of any doesn't mean much, After all he didn't even know how half the Paladin talents worked anyway.
    Have to say I agree with the sentiment. Hopefully in cata they just redesign the paladin class completely. with all the changes they are doing to gear they will almost have to because we are so gear & cool down dependent that we will ether be insanely over powered or under powered.