them Hunters make me go crazy

Hai

so, how do you handle hunters in 3v3?

Im playing Resto druid, retri pala and warrior, cleave setup and every time we face a team with a hunter we loose 90% of the games just cause we cant force them to go defensive through putting pressure on them, we cant nuke them since they easily get away from us and they just nuke the shit out of us if we go on a diffrent target, been facing alot of hunter/DK/healer teams, so tell me, how do your team handle the hunters?

thankful for some response

Re: them Hunters make me go crazy

I'm disc priest and I'm playing similar combo like you do (priest, war + pala), seriously we are around 2k right now and we didnt lose too much against any hunter combos, basically mine war and pala doing big burst dmg on healer that even pala with bubble (I'm ready with mass dispel asap) cant hold it. Normally opposite healer is alive like couple of seconds. Hunters have problems to kill me, I dont know why, I'm always trying to LoS them, my war is taunting pet, then pala is stunning them...

I guess you should also use your cyclone and roots. you have 1 more CC then we do - just use it smart.

sometimes when we facing good combos with hunter, we are trying to nuke hunt 1st, there is no way any healer would heal hunt enough with double mele dps on him. you can always cyclone healer or stun him - simple as it is.

Have your ret and warrior sit on the hunter and you have to hug a pillar. When i ran this setup hunter teams were not an issue, what we did was simply train the hunter and whenever he tried to switch to me(druid) i would fall back behind a pillar. Toss roots on him so he cant gain distance and kite your melee and toss cyclones on his other dps. as druid/ret/warr not much is going to out last you so just wait till both deterrence are blown by the hunt and then jib him in a HoJ+ cyclone chain on the healer.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

thanks for the answers, the problem we get is that all the hunter teams we meet, have such amazing burst on us, and hunters do the same dps, no matter if they are nuked on or not so we have a hard time continuing the nuking on them and often have to go defensive and someone of us will go down sooner or later...

Quote Originally Posted by Banditen
    thanks for the answers, the problem we get is that all the hunter teams we meet, have such amazing burst on us, and hunters do the same dps, no matter if they are nuked on or not so we have a hard time continuing the nuking on them and often have to go defensive and someone of us will go down sooner or later...
    If your melee are hugging the Hunter his Damage output will be bad. He can't shoot them if they are within Melee range. The only damage he will do is like after a disengage or as he poped a trap. or he could DPS you but your pillar humping right? if not that is why your loseing right there. but once those CD's are used you just sit on him and he dies. Hunters are a train-to-win class.
    Casual WoW Player and proud of it!!

trash the ret for a DK; have the DK spam Chains of Ice on the hunter. We play at ~2100 and kill ~2500 hunter teams with this strat. arena is balanced, yea.
    This user has been banned.

Played Hunter(me)/ret/disc some, and i have to say, we trashed most cleave comps, specially when they were trying to train me. It gave the retadin in our case, all the time in the world to do a shit load of dmg while i were jumping around my traps.

Main idea is to let the hunter CC'd most of the time and just train their healer. The other dps shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'm playing same setup and unless other team is much much better there is nice way to play with hunter. Your warrior needs to have charge, intercept and focus-intervene macros. He should charge first then intercept hunter when he disengages (intercept second since it gives longer stun), then if healer is close enough and second dps is on him intervene healer and peel that dps a bit and go back to hunter. Your retri should play between their healer and second dps. Hunter will eventually drop on hp and start using everything he can to keep himself alive (since healer is stressed with your retri he can't be healed fully) this is good moment for using trinket and calling retri to finish hunter. Rest is just finishing them up.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    trash the ret for a DK; have the DK spam Chains of Ice on the hunter. We play at ~2100 and kill ~2500 hunter teams with this strat. arena is balanced, yea.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

I did 3s for a very short while on my hunter. Double MM Hunter + Resto Druid.

Every team we bumped into even RMPs, we can beat.

HM > Sting > Chimera > Aimed > Arcane > Tranq (Silencing Shot anywhere in between) + Pet Damage and traps laid out around.

Readiness. Repeat. The healer can hug the pillar all he/she wants. There'll be a hunter on either side with the pets on him. When the healer comes into view of BOTH hunters, we have 1 Ravager Stun and 1 Crab Pin. There's no moving.

Our healer's normally stealthed so they'll go on the hunters first, hence the traps. We blow the healer, while ours CC theirs with Cyclone/Root. Works well. Only Holy Paladins took longer to kill.

We only went as far as 1600+ then we stopped. The healers that provided the biggest headache for my team were:

Holy Paladins & Resto/Feral. Any other, we chew right through like a paper doll. I once saw my Aimed Shot crit for only 2.5k on the Resto Druid in bear form which is down right pathetic. Charge and Bash is OP btw and Frenzied Regen + some dot heals and Surv Instincts = toughest bastard to kill.

You have double plate boys. They can take hits. Some dot heals for them are fine. If they are taking damage, means you're not, so just heal or Cyclone one of them, etc. As for us hunters, we have Deterrence to buy time for our healer to pop some through. So even our healer is Resto/Feral spec. Healing power is reduced but survivability is increased.

Resto Druids are not cast-time based healers like Shams or Pal and doesnt have strong heals like Priests. So its dot heals and toughen up to outlast while ur dps do their job.

Other than that, perhaps its difference in gear?

Wow, I was actually impressed with a double-hunter makeup that could beat "every" team. Seemed pretty amazing!

Then I read the "we went as far as 1600+".............. /facepalm

God, hunters are such f'ing retards.

Woah, a hunter QQ thread. Hadn't seen one of these since 3.0. Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

I play a hunter and since your a resto druid you should spam cyclone then hunter realy annoing and keep him inactive and wen i get cycloned wen i have lock n load it realy anoies me