Enchanting vs. Tailoring for DPS

I've been considering ditching Tailoring (only 441/450) for Enchanting to make extra gold, but I'm not sure how my DPS will be impacted from losing embroideries vs. ring enchants. Is this a wise choice? Any input at all related to this topic would be much appreciated.

So far I'm 450/450 Jewelcrafting so I use the 39 spellpower gems and a lightweave embroidery on my cape

Re: Enchanting vs. Tailoring for DPS

At the moment, tailoring is THE best DPS caster profession.

I'd say you're better off leveling enchanting on an alt if you're really set on it, simply get it to.. I believe 350ish, which allows you to DE all Northrend greens, which is about the only way you can make money enchanting anyway (never was one to spam trade and rely on 'tips').

Re: Enchanting vs. Tailoring for DPS

Endless discussion on that again....

After they changed the tailor back enchant procc, to go for every 60 sec, instead of every 45 sec, yes, overall tailoring is about 1 spd above jc. The only difference between JC, Tailoring, Enchanting, LW, BS, Inscr, alchemy is about +/- 1 spelldmg (+2 for tailoring).

As Beaver said, you are better off levelling it on an alt, becasue the other benefits with tailoring are quite good as well (cheap pants enchants, supply yourself with cheap weaves etc etc), and northrend scavenging is awesome for getting alot of cloth.

Level enchanting on an alt, make the low level wotlk tailor items with all the cloth you gathered, send them to your DE alt, = Profit.

If its called Tourist season, why can't I shoot at them?