Enhance Shaman new to PVP

Hi guys i have a pretty well geared (pve) enhancement shaman and I had a load of spare conquest badges so i bought the deadly set. Just wondering what enhancement pvp talents to use. Like is it say half enhance/resto or mostly enhance etc.

Also so gems are good for me and what is the res cap for pvp.

I will be mostly doing normal pve not arenas

Any help would be greatly apreciated

Thanks

Re: Enhance Shaman new to PVP

If you're just doing BGs, best advice is to get a healing friend and gem for Res/Stam inbetween AP, mostly thinks like Balanced/Steady etc.

If you don't have a healing partner in a BG then either prepare to be extremely cautious picking your fights, be reasonably good at kiting, or to get stomped.

Big talents are Earthen Power, Frozen Power, and go into Ele as the off tree until you hit Imp. Fire Nova totem.

Thanks alot but how much Res is needed m8?

also im a bit clueless as to put points in resto or ele? what that depend on me going in arenas?

It's best to start out arena with about 800 res, once you get that you can stop gemming for it and it will naturally come with the gear.

Personally I would spec into Elemental for Imp. Fire Nova (for the stun) as the benefits from Elemental far outweigh those of which available with the 20~ points you could put into resto.

That's just my opinion though.

Yeah talents like 6% damage mitigation Reduced CD on Windshear are all nice things where as from resto the dispel resist is nice but losing a stun and damage mitigation is just as deadly

i would say 1k resil wich should be easy with deadly with some gems. 800 is fine to start with if you want bigger numbers however for things like bgs when your fighting undergeared players 1k resil makes you a god lol. idk just my opinion.

i use this build

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

and that is the one most enhance shamans use.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    i would say 1k resil wich should be easy with deadly with some gems. 800 is fine to start with if you want bigger numbers however for things like bgs when your fighting undergeared players 1k resil makes you a god lol. idk just my opinion.

i use this build

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

and that is the one most enhance shamans use.
    This spec seems right, although i would like to add that changing 1 point from Ancetral Knowledge (+2% max int) to clearcasting works alot better for me.

There are times where you simply cant use shammy rage for mana, but HAVE to use it for migitation.

And 40% mana reduction on TWO spells when you crit can reduce the mana cost of a swift heal HUGELY. Since heals cost a truckload of mana.

25% of base mana is not something to laugh at (this is a full 100% healing wave, which is around 1050 mana)
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

I agree with you Baabinator that clearcasting is alot better, but he has put 3points in it and can't take them out as its that many needed to get to the next row.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc
    I agree with you Baabinator that clearcasting is alot better, but he has put 3points in it and can't take them out as its that many needed to get to the next row.
    AH yes, i assumed he had 3/5 Ancestral cra[ and 3/3 enh totems. but it was earths grasp.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~