Thread: Council of Six

Council of Six

Who are the "Council of Six"? I just saw this, and not sure if this has been posted yet or not.. so sorry if that's the case! Just thought it was interesting, any ideas?

The Council of Six has decreed that Lord Marrowgar must die!
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24590/l...owgar-must-die

Deleted

Re: Council of Six

I think either:

Tirisfal Council
    or
    New guys trying to act 'kool' giving them out

I was thinking that, but I'm not exactly sure how many members are on the Tirisfal Council or whatever.. anyone else have any input?

They're the leaders of Dalaran. Rhonin and Sunreaver are known members, Kael'thas was assumed to be as well.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aesin
    I was thinking that, but I'm not exactly sure how many members are on the Tirisfal Council or whatever.. anyone else have any input?
    Wasnt sure about that either, but yeah, Google.

The Council of Six (a.k.a. The Six) is the name given to the Kirin Tor high council of Dalaran. These six individuals are both the leaders of the city and of all territories under the control of Dalaran.

Over the years, the composition of the Six has often changed.

Traditionally, the membership of the Council of Six was kept a strict secret. When someone met with the Council officially, it was always in a special, enchanted chamber, and the Six would be disguised to keep their identity a secret. Of course, in a city populated by magi, such efforts were not always successful, as Khadgar proved with little effort.[1]

More recently, it seems that the identity of the Council is less secretive, as Modera in particular signs herself off as one of the Six.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Council_of_Six

* removed in favor of http://www.wowwiki.com/Council_of_Six *

Council of Six is after Council of Five but before Council of Seven (obvious, isn't it?)

ok bad joke ...

could be
    1 representative of the horde (Thrall, or Garrosh)
    1 representative of the alliance (Varian, or Jaina)
    1 representative of the Argent Crusade (Thirion)
    1 representative of the The Ebon Balde (Morgraine)
    1 representative of the Kirin'Tor (Rhonin (who isn't even a main character of the expansion))
    1 representative of the (uhm ... well wild guess inc.) Red Dragonflight (Krasus? Alextraza?)

anyways Falconblade has found the answer already ... so screw this post ... but it would be fun
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    Council of Six is after Council of Five but before Council of Seven (obvious, isn't it?)

ok bad joke ...

could be
    1 representative of the horde (Thrall, or Garrosh)
    1 representative of the alliance (Varian, or Jaina)
    1 representative of the Argent Crusade (Thirion)
    1 representative of the The Ebon Balde (Morgraine)
    1 representative of the Kirin'Tor (Rhonin (who isn't even a main character of the expansion))
    1 representative of the (uhm ... well wild guess inc.) Red Dragonflight (Krasus? Alextraza?)
    they should have some wacko terrorist bomb dalaran (could be a leper gnome) and take out Rhonin... would def improve the make up of the council

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

The Warcraft novels "The Last Guardian" by Jeff Grubb and "Tides of Darkness" by Aaron Rosenberg tell us something about the Council of Six and it's enchanted chamber.
    It's supposed to be a chamber that's hanging 'somewhere' in the air. There's no specific place really, but it's safe to say it's not just a place on the normal world you could walk in to. Visitors are being summoned to the Chamber when the Council wishes to speak with them. Daylight and darkness come and go, the weather outside the Chamber seems to change from minute to minute as well.

Khadgar, former apprentice to Medivh, was summoned to this chamber by the Council of Six before being sent to Karazhan and he entered the Chamber again when he returned to Dalaran after his apprenticeship in Karazhan. He returned to the Chamber not only to report about his stay in Karazhan, but also to warn the Wizards of Dalaran, The Six, for the new creatures that were invading Azeroth; the Orcs.

Anyway, Krasus was one of The Six as well. The council consisted of both males and females, but both clothing and magic hid their faces and postures so their identity and even gender would remain secret to avoid things like bribery because they had so much influence.
    However, when the young-but-old-appearing Khadgar returned to the Chamber to both tell about Medivh and Karazhan and warn the Council for the coming Second War, he faced one of the Wizards and called him by his name (I think it was Kel'Thuzad). They were in shock that Khadgar knew the person behind it's disguise.
    Khadgar then requested the other five Wizards to reveal their identity as well,by removing their magic covers, before he would speak with them. And so they did.
    The Six were eager to hear what Khadgar had learned about the Council of Tirisfal, a secret Council known by only few, but Khadgar pretended that Medivh had not told him anything new about the so called Guardians of Tirisfal.

Oh and Khadgar used some magic he learned in Karazhan during his apprenticeship to eavesdrop The Six after they teleported him back to Dalaran after the conversation. Sohe could hear what they were saying about the message he had brought them, without them knowing he was spying on them.

15+ Year Old Account

My bet is on Dalaran Council. Rhonin etc.

There are no "bets." Faction leaders are not members or "representatives." They are the leaders of the Kirin Tor, that's it. D:

whats the ebon balde?

new faction???
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseVentura
    This stuff'll make you a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus. . . just like me.