Why not make all defensive pvp abilities scale with resilience?

This would make resilience actually pretty good, if all defenses were scaled by it.

miniseto

Re: Why not make all defensive pvp abilities scale with resilience?

Lol no thanks. Resilience is fine as it is. My Lava Burst already crits as low as 3-4k on Locks with whatever defensive ability they have up, and it crits on a target with no resil for 11k.

What are these "defensive pvp abilities" and where can I learn them? They're not at my class trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by miniseto
    Lol no thanks. Resilience is fine as it is. My Lava Burst already crits as low as 3-4k on Locks with whatever defensive ability they have up, and it crits on a target with no resil for 11k.
    ???.... I would love to know this secret damage reduction ability warlocks have that lowers the damage by over 50%.
    And if you mean sacrifice..... Ever tried to purge?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

How would one scale Bubble or Iceblock, with resilience, per chance?

Quote Originally Posted by miniseto
    You should try learning what Nether Protection is.
    I > U

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    ???.... I would love to know this secret damage reduction ability warlocks have that lowers the damage by over 50%.
    Soul Link: 20 % dmg reduction
    Nether Protection: 30 % dmg reduction

100 resilience takes off a rough 2% on critical strikes, and some players run upwards of 1k resilience, especially locks who are often the target of warrior and rogue instagibs. Overall it is pretty commonplace for resilience to provide -15-20% critical strike damage.

So we have 20 % for soul link, an additional 30 % for nether protection which would be a factor because flame shock precedes lava burst, and a possible 20% from resilience. 11k --> 4k seems possible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Nether Protection?

We'd have Disco priests with maxed resilience tanking Algalon during Pain Suppression lol