Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Profession mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahWalker
    The answer, yes it is fair.. Those are the only 2 professions that feasibly offer the ability of mounting... And also, Why does everyone want to homegenize everything in WoW? Tailoring gets mount + cloak enchant, engineering gets mount + nice pvp enchants, blacksmithing gets epic weapons that sell for a good amount at the start of expacs + extra sockets, enchanting gets a very very very very very very very nice way to make money + ring enchants....

Are you also saying EVERYTHING I just listed + everything i didnt list should also be given to every tradeskill... FUCK THAT!

quit bitching about homogenization, its not homogenization if every profession got a cool, nifty mount. It would actually add to the game and give it a little more flare. That being said it wont happen

@OP I think the reason other professions don't have mounts is because you cant really make anything up for them, i mean would JC have a bedazzled dune buggy or something, or miners get to drive around in a tonka truck. There are no mounts for other professions because they don't fit the profile of that profession.

They could allow other professionals to modify their mounts visually, and there could be different options for that visual change within each profession. The looks would be specific to each profession, and they could keep fully crafted, unique mounts for just a couple of professions.

Enchanters could add a glow or particle effect, BS could add different armors, JC could add bling, LW bondage gear, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bigpurplegoose
    They could allow other professionals to modify their mounts visually, and there could be different options for that visual change within each profession. The looks would be specific to each profession, and they could keep fully crafted, unique mounts for just a couple of professions.

Enchanters could add a glow or particle effect, BS could add different armors, JC could add bling, LW bondage gear, etc.

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

blizz does not need to add new mounts for proffs change ur proff if u want a mount
    its like that u want raid then u take bs + jc u want fun go and take tai + eng

Quote Originally Posted by bigpurplegoose

Pure win. But that would make more sense as a service, with EXCLUSIVE versions for their respective professions.

Like, say, you've got a War Kodo. Your Blacksmith friend can tack on some extra armor, but he can add armor, spikes, chains, and all sorts of goodies to his.
    Your enchanting friend can add an eyeglow to your skeletal warhorse, but he can change the flame color on its hooves, etc.

I just want to repaint my hog, and get rid of the sidecar. Make it look less like an American cycle, and more like an Asian one. I love me a ricerocket.
    Needs more perkele.

My herbalism mount is my flight form. ^^
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by whazzz
    Jewelcrafting : You summon your Crystal Cloud to ride it in the sky

Break through the shining clouds Fly away! (Fly away)
    A panorama is spreading through my body
    The Earth gets mad from a kick to the face (Kick to the face)
    Making volcanoes erupt
    In some melting polar ice
    If there were a dinosaur inside, I'd want to train it to ride a ball

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
    No matter what happens, it'll be fine!
    CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
    No matter how hard your chest claps
    The Genki Dama will boom... Sparking!

A roller coaster swoops through the sky
    and falls to a garden of panic
    The scenery pleasantly turns upside down
    I can even see the undersides of the mountains
    There's no time to be worried
    Somewhere, a "surprise!" is lurking and I want to meet it!

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
    My head's empty so I can fill with dreams
    CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
    Smiling, I'm ultra-Z
    Today too! aye-yae-yae-yae-yae!

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
    No matter what happens, it'll be fine!
    CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
    No matter how hard your chest claps
    The Genki Dama will boom... Sparking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG3NXDWm3uE

Yeah! i support that idea. My pally will be Goku of the Silver Hand

Fishing: gives turtle mount
    Cooking: should give Giant Turkey mount (stating that its too big to cook, but very rideable)
    First Aid: adrenaline pack (2 sec cast to apply the patch, making you run as fast as a mount, but cant attack while the patch is on)

Blacksmith: You can craft armor for your factions mount (armored worg/armored steed)
    Jewelcrafter: You gem mysterious jewels into a stone figurine making it your mount (Ornate Stone Basilisk)
    Skinners: these guys, skin worgs etc...and thus dont deserve a mount
    Herbalist: they can herb some special palnt which attracts a tameable owlkin mount
    miners: They get a mining cart lol (omg, i got mining myelf >.>)
    Leatherworkers: They can create euhmmmm a leather ball to play with....no mount for them or maybe a giant leather ball like the ones used in Monkey Ball
    Alchemists: They can concoct a dense gas cloud, sorta looking like they are riding a cloud
    enchanters: then Enchant themselves giving them the abiltiy of flight (superman style, minus the horrible outift ofc, and yesh im an enchatner)

:P
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I don't see any issue with professions getting their own mounts. It's not like anyone chooses engineering over jewelcrafting based on the mounts alone. So it really shouldn't be an issue with everyone suddenly dropping engineering to go with other professions. To me it just sounds like engineers QQing because mounts are the best thing their profession has, so they don't want anyone else to have them.

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

Most professions don't really fit with a mount. Magical Carpets work with Tailoring, Choppers work with Engineering. If you can come up with reasonable fits for the other professions, I'm not going to complain. But things like 'Flask of Artistan Riding' or 'Enchant Neck: Flying' would just be... way out of line.

15+ Year Old Account

Enchanters deal with magic dusts and what not, so the whole "riding on a puffy magic cloud" idea is kinda cool. When flying carpets came out, I thought it was a joke at first, but they can squeeze in a magic cloud.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti

miners: They get a mining cart lol (omg, i got mining myelf >.>)
    this was the first thing that came to my mind when i read it

Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

As an Alchemist I'd like to give my Mount some NOS for a minute or so.... 600% flying mount *jizz in my pants*
    Oh yeah, I really like the idea of customizing your mount depending on your profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Legsarelost
    Every thread like this is fucking retarded.

Who gives a shit if it's fair, if I'm playing the goddamn game, there should be some fucking difference between different professions and different classes, other than what the shit is called. "Oh, You can get more SP on a flask, but you can get that same amount of SP if you just enchant your rings."

Variation? I think not. Creative? I think not. OP's Idea is complete and utter bullshit? I think so.
    nerdragemuch?

yeah ..

in the begining i was angry of that : /

wtf they have a mount and that stuff!
    also the repair robot for the engineers freaks me out! :-\

but now .. so what!?

i dont give a damn about it..

but the thing that really freaky..

i was a tailoring and i got the flying carpet mount.. then i changed my pro to enchater .. but it counts on my mounts list the flying carpet xD
    but i cant use it.. but its like cheeting i got the epic mount that u'll get if uy reach 100 mounts xD

Quote Originally Posted by secret
    blizz does not need to add new mounts for proffs change ur proff if u want a mount
    its like that u want raid then u take bs + jc u want fun go and take tai + eng
    So basically what you said is that BS and JC are owerpowered, right?
    Yes, we all know that.
    But the topic was about mounts.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

As an herbalist I demand to ride this

Miners get mole machines imo.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Adenspear

Stop acting like a dick. No one is impressed and you just make yourself look bad.

HOWEVER..

I really like the idea of customization based on profession.

Yeah, there is a slight issue with certain achievements being easier for certain professions but...hey! Is anyone really going to complain that tailors and engineers get a little boost somewhere?

Professions don't need to be the same, and in fact, they shouldn't be, but obviously they need to be balanced so everyone who wants to raid isn't taking the same ones. *cough JC*.

Offtopic, but what really astounds me is that people used to level a profession for a buff, then drop it. I mean..was the small bonus you got really worth all that time and gold? What happens when the next patch comes out and you are obsolete again? Ha ha, so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by That guy.
    Stop "inhaling the [Magic Dust]" and learn to write a coherent post.
    His post was coherent, you're just an idiot.