DK dual wield DPS frost

Excuse my ignorance in case it has been brought up before, but is dual wield frost viable?

I Just got two tankard O'terror and i dont know if i should go with them as a frost DPS.
    I know unholy is doing better, however i dont believe in theorycrafting.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Re: DK dual wield DPS frost

Well yes and no, it kind of depends what your doing... Like, my frost DW DPS spec is designed strictly to boost raid DPS, count necrosis ticks, etc... If you're solo I'm not 100% sure, I mean you can drop Imp IT to pick up more useful DPS talents in other trees... It is very viable though, I hold about 4.5k-ish Most of the time... It's not amazing but again I'm giving 20% haste to all melee DPS and I'm the worst geared DK in the guild. So you just have to decide what you are really playing for I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollinNRollin
    Thread succesful! Just read through this with few of my friends and now TB has few more subscribtions! Btw TB I'm wondering what are we as Huskystarcraft fans are "Husketeers" what are your fans called?
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit
    Suckers.
    Ermmm I mean...

Ok, i'm going to give it a try. Reading EJ atm.
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Yep by all means, let me know how it works out for you. Heard a lot of people trash DW frost lately, but I usually just shake my head and smile
    Thread succesful! Just read through this with few of my friends and now TB has few more subscribtions! Btw TB I'm wondering what are we as Huskystarcraft fans are "Husketeers" what are your fans called?
    Suckers.
    Ermmm I mean...

blood is the most powerful dps spec, since its scales really good with gear.

frost dw anyway is really good, and can push out really good dps. the best performing spec is this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...k9JRZDU,,10522.

unholy, after the PS nerf and the Dirge nerf, has fallen behind by a large margin.

theorycrafting is correct, even if you don't believe at it. Ej forums are your best friend.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

OMG You copied my spec!!! Actually, just to throw this out there for those that are interested.

Death Chill AND Unbreakable Armor are worth the pick up, but you need at least 1/2 in Chill of the Grave and the Icy Touch glyph or you're sitting there with downtime... And remember Unbreakable is like a trinket however it costs a frost rune so it can mess up your rotation, and Death Chill is really lackluster less it's trash pulls.
    Suckers.
    Ermmm I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil

unholy, after the PS nerf and the Dirge nerf, has fallen behind by a large margin.
    PS Nerf?

And it is not a very large margin. With 4pT9 Unholy is pretty much superior to all other speccs when there's more than one mob to fight. And except Icehowler there's no single-target-only boss in ToC.

I Gave it a try and it worked fine. I think i'll roll with frost for a while.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Narcoma
    And it is not a very large margin. With 4pT9 Unholy is pretty much superior to all other speccs when there's more than one mob to fight. And except Icehowler there's no single-target-only boss in ToC.
    Gormok is single target, your cleaves and pest do not hit snobolds atm. Worms are single target, since they won't be close to each other. Icehowl is single target. Jaaraxus is mostly single target, except for mistresses and portals/volcanos on heroic, at which point the dps on Jaraxxus himself doesn't matter the least bit.

Faction champions have 75% aoe reduction, which probably does not apply to DoTs, and you probably do not want dots on many of them due to CC, and you'll be single targetting them anyway.

Twins is two targets, yes, but your damage on the other twin will be low due to the fight mechanics, and Anub'arak is multi target aswell.

The majority of ToC IS single target.

But, staying on topic: DW frost is viable, is fun to play and does very good damage in the appropriate gear. Looking forward to tank as DW frost come next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Gormok is single target, your cleaves and pest do not hit snobolds atm.
    Bear in mind, however, that you can get around this - while pestillence and cleaves on Gormok won't hit Snobolds, if you cleave or pestillence a snobold, it will hit Gormok, so just switch your main target to a melee-range Snobold to get the cleave goodness.

dw frost is a decent spec.. ive played around with it since last patch and tbh i really like the rotation and feel of it - with the easy rotation and some more challenge with reg to KM / KM_RIME hits.

However ive found that it scales terribly. I will do single target around 4200dps on a heroic dummy - and on boss fights (like gormok fx - not dpsing snobolds) i will rarely go above 5.5k (in 25man).
    I dont know if its due to my haste or my arp. or crit/hit / whatnot. It just doesnt get the "oomph" the other specs get from scaling imo.

Im currently running with a unholy 2h spec, without the ss glyph - so more interesting spammage
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...song&n=Brising
    (yes im over exp capped atm... will be fixed whenever i get my itemization done)

however this spec will pull roughly 4400dps on a heroic dummy single buffed.
    And on most encounters i will pull above 6.5k dps single target.

So for me personally i will stick to this unholy 2h build.
    Though i will still spec for my dw frost spec whenever thers a heavy melee grp in need of haste buffings.

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Gormok is single target, your cleaves and pest do not hit snobolds atm. Worms are single target, since they won't be close to each other. Icehowl is single target. Jaaraxus is mostly single target, except for mistresses and portals/volcanos on heroic, at which point the dps on Jaraxxus himself doesn't matter the least bit.

Faction champions have 75% aoe reduction, which probably does not apply to DoTs, and you probably do not want dots on many of them due to CC, and you'll be single targetting them anyway.

Twins is two targets, yes, but your damage on the other twin will be low due to the fight mechanics, and Anub'arak is multi target aswell.

The majority of ToC IS single target.

But, staying on topic: DW frost is viable, is fun to play and does very good damage in the appropriate gear. Looking forward to tank as DW frost come next patch.
    If you really play like you're saying here, you're just using half of the DK's potential.

Northrend Beasts: Focus Snowbolds, not Gormok. Pestilence works that way. Worms ARE in pest range most of the time, in heroic too.
    Jaraxxus: One Pestilence, when timed properly, can raise your overall dps by 100-200 at least. Also, DPS on Jaraxxus keeps being important all along, it's just of less priority when adds spawn.
    Faction Champions: Visiting the ladder of WMO will do. CC'ing the mobs near the ones you fight is suboptimal by the way.
    Anub: No need for explanations here.

@Topic: At the moment every DPS specc is viable. There are just situational occasions where one clearly dominates the other.

for me dw seem good but blood is alwasy better and i have never liked it,take which spec u like they are around same dps,when ppl say unholy is best i do alot more dps with blood so its about skills

Dear OP.
    Let me give you a little bit of my mind.

I've played and raided with both Blood and Frost DW speccs. Now what I personally find interesting is that on bosses like XT-Deconstructor hardmode, the Blood Specc outperforms by a large margin due to the huge amount of burst available. If you are fighting short battles, or ones with incredible nuke required like XT-Hardmode, Blood is your friend (From experience).

However what I seem to notice, and that's partially because I am the raidleader too, is that my average DPS without the constant burst as blood is fairly lower compared to my frost build. I raid mostly with frost purely due to the fact that on longer fights it gives a more stable DPS amount, though there is not much burst damage aside Deathchill and using Killing Machine + Rime. At the moment I averagely sit at 3.8k DPS with blood, while with the same focus as frost, I am at 4.4k dps. (Note as raidleader I am not performing top as DPS due to all the leading etc)

In other words, on the most nuke fights, I prefer blood. On the fights longer than 2 minutes of full nuking, I will be taking frost.