Thread: prot pvp

prot pvp

i have been pvping as prot with ret gear for a while now both in arena and BG and im really liking it but i have one question for you guys. whats better fore weapon enchant. 20 str or berserking. i kno berserking is a bigger increase but its a proc and dont add to block value like str.

Re: prot pvp

Berserking..

Don't even think about putting Potency on your weapon

What priority do you use for gemming?

All str all the time? Which meta?
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

miniseto

I like to spec Ret and put on mostly Prot gear and a 2her. 40k HP Ret pally what

The only thing that sucks is I have little to no resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by miniseto
    I like to spec Ret and put on mostly Prot gear and a 2her. 40k HP Ret pally what

The only thing that sucks is I have little to no resilience.
    now THAT is stupid.

why do you think this actual prot pally is using Ret PVP gear with his prot spec. obviously because the lack of resil in PVE gear makes you get 3 shot by casters even with 40+k hp. in PVE gear i get Lava Burst for like 15+k and that's with all the damn damage reduction skills and talents.

miniseto

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    now THAT is stupid.

why do you think this actual prot pally is using Ret PVP gear with his prot spec. obviously because the lack of resil in PVE gear makes you get 3 shot by casters even with 40+k hp. in PVE gear i get Lava Burst for like 15+k and that's with all the damn damage reduction skills and talents.
    It's obviously not arena viable or anything. I was doing it a few times in Battlegrounds to just fuck around. People seemed intimidated when they saw a 2h wielding pally with 40k HP coming after them. Of course casters could have nuked me down but it didn't happen a lot and against melee my survivability was fine.

im actually looking for some good information about the current state of prot pvp. what spec to use? what gear to use? what to gem? what seal/blessing to use?

aww man, i want it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Litteringand
    im actually looking for some good information about the current state of prot pvp. what spec to use? what gear to use? what to gem? what seal/blessing to use?
    Here's a link to my profile for Prot PvP: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ng&n=Lightrune

Gear to use? Gladiator Ret (Scaled) Gear/Or perhaps some Str/Block Value [Optional]

What to gem? Pure STR and almost only STR. The spell power conversion is beautiful along with the block value you get from STR.

What Blessing? Use Sanc. on yourself now-a-days now that it includes STR.
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

Well, for gear, you should have mostly Ret PvP gear on. You can substitute a ring, neck, or boots for some Prot gear with Block Value however. Don't put on a prot item without Block Value. If it's available, you should put on the 2 t7.5 Prot pieces with Block Value (Chest and Head iirc) for the extra Block and the 2 piece set bonus. You should use a PvP one hander and shield if you can. If that's not available, an enh shaman one hander mace should do the trick. For shield, probably a tank shield, as all the testing I've done was with a PvP shield. 2.4k Block Value is ideal.

As for blessings, use Sanctuary or Might, either works well. For a seal, you want to use Seal of Vengeance/Corruption for that extra damage once it reaches a 5 stack.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...-0o1,-Iy,10522

Is the spec/glyphs I used when trying it out.

Oh yeah, gem for strength for the extra Block Value. You also want high crit as this spec, so investing in a Darkmoon Card: Death for the crit and burst works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

miniseto

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    It really is a case of "UR DOING IT WRONG" if you spec ret with Prot Gear. It's like trying to drive along the motorway/freeway while in reverse; You're not gonna get very far, and you'll likely get yourself killed as soon as you start.

In addition, people know what spec you are the moment you get in combat (or even before that in some cases) because as soon as you use Divine Storm, you just told them. Likewise, if you have a 1h, shield and 40k+ HP, they know you're likely to be prot spec, and if you're not, you're gonna be easy to kill.
    Did you read my second post at all?

I wasn't trying to trick people into thinking I'm prot with a 2h, I was obviously Ret.

I was doing it for fun in battlegrounds and it worked out fine for the most part. But continue to tell me I'm doing it wrong or I'm stupid for trying out something different.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nmaw&n=Mcnasty
    I've done alot of mixing and matching and this gear combo works really well.