What do you think are chances of getting Race Change in 3.3 are?

I'm thinking that it will probably happen. They already have it setup and they said it was coming out soon. Also, it just seems like a smart move for Blizzard, especially with Cataclysm looming. Everyone will change races now, then Blizzard can nerf/buff racials for Cataclysm and also bring in the new race/class combos, people will switch to the more OP racial (at least PvPers) or switch to a new race/class, and then they will allow race changes for Goblin and Worgen after about 3-4 weeks of Cataclysm being out, which then causes people to maybe want to switch races to those respective races.

Seems like an opportunity at a lot of money to me.

Thoughts?

Adenspear

Re: What do you think are chances of getting Race Change in 3.3 are?

I doubt it but I'll give it fair odds.

If they did do race changes, I hope they consider unlocking some of the new class combos. I think hoping for that is really pushing it right now though. I just really want my blood elf warrior. :P

Yeah I don't know about that. It seems like they made it fairly clear that the new class combos were going to be explicitly for Cataclysm. =/

10+ Year Old Account

They're a business. They want ways to make money, and it was also made in response to players wanting to be able to change races.

Quote Originally Posted by TeriyakiNinjaChicken
    They're a business. They want ways to make money, and it was also made in response to players wanting to be able to change races.
    So you agree with 3.3 bringing Race Change?

Race change will probably come out during 3.3, maybe even before then. They released faction changes independent of a patch, so it is likely that race change will come out whenever they've worked out all the kinks.

I find it highly unlikely that Blizzard would wait until Cataclysm to release the feature (that's not "soon" even by blizzards standards.)

3.3 will not "bring" race changes tough. It's not going to be a patch thing.

The smart thing for them to do (from a business standpoint) would be to release it soon, because a lot of people want it now. Those same people (PLUS MORE) might want it AGAIN when cata hits, because new racials and all that shit, blizzard could stand to make a lot more money they sooner they release it.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.