How are Dragonhawks for a pet?

I want to try rolling a BM hunter. I am also quite a vain and casual RPer. Therefore I am really interested in taming me a Dragonhawk--BE Dragonhawk rider, yay! But it doesn't seem like a popular choice in any kind of play. Are they ok as a pet choice? How would you rank them considering that:
    - BG is my favorite form of play, with PvE as close second. I do not care much for arena.
    - I dislike long cooldowns.
    - I do not plan on using them as damage sponge in PvP, so they don't have to be ultra tough.
    - I would prefer the pet to match a "rider" archetypal mount in lore. This does not include iconic animal, such as dwarve and bear, since they don't seem to ride those guys into war. Some examples would be Wolve+Orc, Dragonhawk+BE, etc, but not strictly Horde side.

Re: How are Dragonhawks for a pet?

I used a dhawk and loved it, they can regenerate your mana for you and they do about the same damage as everything else.

The first pet on my Dwarf Hunter was a Dragonhawk (back when they were Caster Pets). It was nice to have, but when I had it, I, and everyone else was BM and a Cat was just about required. (plus Dragon Breath broke CC if not turned off)

Hm.. does it still have the CC breaking problem now? I thought Bliz corrected a lot of issues with that already. (I guess I can always have a backup pet for raids)

Quote Originally Posted by olicon
    Hm.. does it still have the CC breaking problem now? I thought Bliz corrected a lot of issues with that already. (I guess I can always have a backup pet for raids)
    What CC?

I Agreed! Nice find .. Good stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    The first pet on my Dwarf Hunter was a Dragonhawk (back when they were Caster Pets). It was nice to have, but when I had it, I, and everyone else was BM and a Cat was just about required. (plus Dragon Breath broke CC if not turned off)
    Thanks for sharing.

No, the dragonhawk's breath isn't AoE anymore, so no CC issues. I used to use it on my hunter back in the early ulduar days when the mana was just enough to not use viper on fights like thorim and iron council and was better for me than a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandofurey
    I Agreed! Nice find .. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
    Anytime. I should also note, it was fun to go BW, and make my Dragonhawk breath fire. It was awesome. Too bad you cant do that anymore, I must've pissed too many people off at the Mailbox, who are easily annoyed.

Btw, choose the pet of your liking, not what the 'I would sell my soul for 5 more DPS, Hunter' tells you.

I like my croclisc i got in wc. Aptly named him steveirwin. Figured if I get a sporebat I can do the same name. 8)
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.