Practice on private servers

I was wondering if it was possible to practice raid fights on private servers? Like go in solo with reasonable stats, just to get to know the fight and learn to avoid bad things. Or make generic bots to simulate a raid environment?

(I know it might be against blizzard's ToS, I don't care, I just want to know if it's possible)
    (Avatar was too big, sorry!)

Re: Practice on private servers

No. My mate played on it. Bosses are bugged like fkin hell /no

its rather impossible to learn the fight when you can't implement everything like blizz did. unless you get some professional scripters who has had experience with blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Chozobo
    I was wondering if it was possible to practice raid fights on private servers? Like go in solo with reasonable stats, just to get to know the fight and learn to avoid bad things. Or make generic bots to simulate a raid environment?

(I know it might be against blizzard's ToS, I don't care, I just want to know if it's possible)
    Its good to practice on privates for PvP,but not raids.For example arena tournament which is a tbc server is zero bugged server and u go instantly arena.Not to mention its full of pros we seem not to get passed 1670 rating with my partner-.-(DR-Huntard drain team)And u say why i play there?hate wotlk thats why i just watch mmo champ for news of wow and cata release if its good ill play it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkVJCTpkHp4

Άλλο ένα Σάββατο Βράδυ

Quote Originally Posted by Naevan
    Its good to practice on privates for PvP,but not raids.For example arena tournament which is a tbc server is zero bugged server and u go instantly arena.Not to mention its full of pros we seem not to get passed 1670 rating with my partner-.-(DR-Huntard drain team)And u say why i play there?hate wotlk thats why i just watch mmo champ for news of wow and cata release if its good ill play it
    What?
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

I don't think any private realm can properly simulate a raid.
    Too buggy.

Very very VERY few servers have scripted boss fights, especially since every single American server has been seized and the owners sued by blizzard.
    Now the only servers online are shitty foreign ones that aere overly complicated and have bad english
    This user has been banned.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfos
    Very very VERY few servers have scripted boss fights, especially since every single American server has been seized and the owners sued by blizzard.
    Now the only servers online are shitty foreign ones that aere overly complicated and have bad english
    sounds right when you first get wow you are connecting to their IP servers.. and they can see your IP address connecting.. as well when you start up that little News/ patch downloader at the start, that has you connecting to their server but it doesnt go through all the way because you messed up the send address for them to send info to but when you click play and go to a privet server it shows your not connecting to "their server" works just like Himachi in a way.. i can see whos connecting and their IP address
    Your IP address =\= Their IP address banks
    \_____ Somones Server IP adress

also part of the scripted boss fights.. there is alot of numbers in them " Blah blah (insert move) does = damage) maybe some ignore sertain resists and armor sort of stuff...... what i said isnt really what is in the code but its a almost equal to " Dummies guide to boss mechanics sort of thing
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted

quite alot of private realm I know have some aspect of pve in it, but thats usually either bugged or heavily undertuned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfos
    He speaks the truth

Deleted

Not possible, because the boss scripts are on the Blizz servers, not on the client.

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol
    private servers do not have scripted bosses
    They have but on very few bosses.

Personally I've coded a boss myself for Ascent: http://koti.mbnet.fi/ideasoft/opalni.cpp (open it in Notepad) That's old though and probably won't work anymore.

Nope. Every private server I've been on, all the bosses ONLY melee, no specials or anything. In fact, ALL mobs on private servers only melee. A lot of the time they're extremely buggy and the server and instance server crashes a lot, too.

like others have said. no. the most scripting you can do for any mob fight is with lua or in DB scripting and at the most itll just make them say things during combat and cast spells. nothing complicated like the yogg fight (in terms of script not difficulty)
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

15+ Year Old Account

Why do every1 rush to the conclusion that ALL priv server is crap?

ive played on a couple with a friend and some of them got scripted bosses, however thats usualy servers thats been up for a while and the newest content is never good working.

tried a classic wow server thats been up for some time, works almost perfect.

conclusion:

wotlk server = crap because of the patches

servers that stays on a certain patch = works near perfect after some time IF the host is good with what hes doing.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar