Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: No world bosses in WotLK

Never bothered with a world boss to be honest.

World bosses were a bad idea in the first place. The reason there aren't any more is because they are an extremely unfair, annoying, and frankly stupid mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Personaly i rly like world bosses pre-BC time, coz it were epic fights - 90% of raid killing boss, other 10%- guarding em from being killed by opposite faction. It was fucking funny mix of pvp and pve encounters, it was intresting when you cant simple follow tackitcs but need change it during combat. BC world bosses arent so fun IMHO, donno why, but they wasnt so fun as dragons...and now blizz just get rid of 'em :-X Im sure, there was some serious reasons for it, but for me game lost its "epicness" with "train-pull-style" heroics, PUGable raids and only 1 replacement - achiv system...there are some situations when achiv arent epic and more looks like "now we try this way..." instead "ohshit, wtf we gonna do now?!"...its even arent so hard now (only few of 'em still hard...). Only 1 decent reason for me - some guilds camp 'em and do not let others get a kill. Other "reasons" behind ther removal - bad reasons.
    Go play Aion. The whole game is about World PvP Bosses.
    Goozelina The Light of Dawn, Spaced Invaders.
    Twisting Nether EU.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry
    The Legion will conquer all!

that one nightmare vine claimed so many lives...
    oh sweet jesus... i hating doing them 2 dailies for that very reason... i'd always get so tempted
    There is no Arthas, only Ner'zhul.

Well, with the new phasing techniques, the dev team could do away with greifing players outside of the raid that tagged it by just phasing out the raid group that has the bosses tag. That way they could still do encounters like kazzak and the green dragons, and the raid boss will only be able to target a player in that phase.

I think the real reason was because not everyone had a chance at them. The top guilds would camp them. Even when the loot turned BoE, they just farmed them to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn
    Never bothered with a world boss to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry

that one nightmare vine claimed so many lives...
    OMG!!! I thought I was over that... I can't even begin to count how many times my noob ass died trying to pick that damn vine. Damn casters and their need for Superior Wizard Oil!