Page 1 of 2
LastLast

did I get cheated on this achievement

Last night we did H TOC well we got him down to about 1% I was healing and had mobs all over me.
    I popped 2 dots on tank and died.
    Of course I released to try and run back and then Black knight died.

Now I didn't get credit for Black Knight or credit for finishing the instance.
    could not roll on gear,No emblem no nothing.
    WTF is this normal?

Re: did I get cheated on this achievement

yes, you were outside of the instance when he died... What do you expect?

No you were not cheated since you should know that releasing DOES take everything away

That hasn't mattered recently for me, people have released, the boss has died, they came back and were still able to roll on gear. But no, you won't get credit for the achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial
    No you were not cheated since you should know that releasing DOES take everything away
    Releasing does NOT take ANYTHING away. Not being in the instance when the boss dies DOES. You can release and run back in and get full credit. Thus releasing is not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas
    That hasn't mattered recently for me, people have released, the boss has died, they came back and were still able to roll on gear. But no, you won't get credit for the achievement.
    Blizzard has made strides in that department, honestly its like the above person mentioned... you used to not even be eligible for loot.

But you really can't expect it to be 100%, I mean... Its not an easy thing to just do, on blizzards part, and frankly they have better things to worry about than whether or not you released when everyone got their achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Releasing does NOT take ANYTHING away. Not being in the instance when the boss dies DOES. You can release and run back in and get full credit. Thus releasing is not the issue.
    Yeah but OP stated he released while the boss was still alive, thus not being zoned in for the kill.

>>>>Not being in the instance when the boss dies DOES.
    so if I had got back 5 seconds earlier when he hit the floor I would be ok?

I was kinda trapped on this one, I had to run because I was healer, and did not know if he was dying

so best option is to just lie there and hope? If he dies then release.

thank you for clearing this up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreager_ex
    Yeah but OP stated he released while the boss was still alive, thus not being zoned in for the kill.
    Yes. My point is that RELEASING is not the problem, as was stated in the post I quoted. Releasing is perfectly okay if you make it back in time for the boss to die. With undergeared groups it is a common strat in HToC to run back if you die. It should be made clear that releasing does not create any issues with loot if you get back fast enough. It falsely scares people away from running back in to finish the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks

Being the only rez person I had to run back.
    As I stated above, that is correct. If you had made it back before the boss died you would have gotten full credit. It sucks when you get stuck in that "can I make it back in time?" limbo heh.

I was kinda trapped on this one, I had to run because I was healer, and did not know if he was dying

so best option is to just lie there and hope? If he dies then release.

Loot is instance-wide, either ur in there and get it, or not.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Obscuri

Last night we did H TOC well we got him down to about 1% I was healing and had mobs all over me.
    I popped 2 dots on tank and died.
    Of course I released to try and run back and then Black knight died.

Now I didn't get credit for Black Knight or credit for finishing the instance.
    could not roll on gear,No emblem no nothing.
    WTF is this normal?

Maybe put hots on the tank? dots kill people. :-\ had to do it

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Yes. My point is that RELEASING is not the problem, as was stated in the post I quoted. Releasing is perfectly okay if you make it back in time for the boss to die. With undergeared groups it is a common strat in HToC to run back if you die. It should be made clear that releasing does not create any issues with loot if you get back fast enough. It falsely scares people away from running back in to finish the encounter.
    I don't think he was trying to say that releasing and running back to finish still screws you. Im sure he meant exactly what you said. A little ill-phrased.

I think the stigma with releasing during a boss fight tho is just that ToC is the only instance you can do it with. IMO it should be like the rest of the instances :P Makes it a little TOO easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreager_ex
    I don't think he was trying to say that releasing and running back to finish still screws you. Im sure he meant exactly what you said. A little ill-phrased.

I think the stigma with releasing during a boss fight tho is just that ToC is the only instance you can do it with. IMO it should be like the rest of the instances :P Makes it a little TOO easy.
    Well that may be the case, but if so his "ill-phrasing" made his information incorrect. I corrected it. I don't know why anyone is giving me crap about making sure that the correct information is out there. There have been several times I've been in ToC, someone has died and had time to release and run back, and didn't. Often they think they will miss loot. I want to make sure that the correct information is what is being presented, that they can release and it doesn't harm anything provided that they make it back before the boss died.

10+ Year Old Account

Basicly, to get the achievement, you have to be in the instance when the kill happens. To get the loot, you have to be in the instance the moment the first person loots the body. Afaik.

Maybe put hots on the tank? dots kill people. Undecided had to do it

I never liked him anyway ROFL

thanks for that. My description was wrong.

it is hots and I make sure to rejuv and regrowth then I got swarmed. I was casting swiftmend but it wasn't swift enough.
    Everyone was busy as heck and it just happened.

yes when I got back in about 2 seconds too late. I could not loot, roll or get credit. Kinda sucks but thats the way it is.
    Thank you all for clearing this up for me.
    Heroic is hard LOL

ps I started to run this with my shammy...NO WAY I COULD HEAL THRU THAT WITH HIM

Wow no one's noticed this yet?

How did he die to adds only to release and run back as the black knight died? Adds only spawn in phase TWO. Loot drops after phase THREE (no adds). Two problems here:

A) How did your group survive without a healer for part of phase 2 and all of phase 3?
    B) Why did it take you so long to run back that you couldn't make it back before he died in phase 3?

Or you're lying/forgetting, and you died to the AOE in phase 3 (not adds). And props to the person who must have healed the rest of your group in P3 after you died.

p.s. it's H-TOC, it's not too serious.

I remember when you had a 6 min release timer in instances. So if you didn't down the boss within 6 min of you dying or if you didn't get a rebirth in that time, you didn't get loot.

A) How did your group survive without a healer for part of phase 2 and all of phase 3?
    B) Why did it take you so long to run back that you couldn't make it back before he died in phase 3?
    A) Don't you suppose tanks have cool downs? If I was a bear tank and I saw my healer drop I would SI followed by Frenzied Regen, and I know I could tank most 5man bosses with only those two CDs provided the dps weren't failures. That is to say, as long as they were doing 3k+ consistently.

B) I think you overestimate how much time is spent in each of those phases. I'm not going to pretend to know what kind of dps they had in the group, but if I were there, you could be certain the last phase wouldn't last 15seconds. From there, consider load times for releasing depending on the player's computer's specs, consider how quickly DPS can dispatch the remaining bit of those adds after the healer died. It's really not that complicated to figure out that things were down to the wire and the healer probably zoned in mere moments after the boss was dead.

except that in the last phase a dps with the marked for death debuff would get 1-2 shot by the boss without a decent healer, as well as everyone else in the group taking the AoE damage at the same time and being made vulnerable to dying because of lack of heals...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    except that in the last phase a dps with the marked for death debuff would get 1-2 shot by the boss without a decent healer, as well as everyone else in the group taking the AoE damage at the same time and being made vulnerable to dying because of lack of heals...
    I've made it through phase 3 without a healer many many many times. Anti magic shell, rune tap, ice bound fortitude, Death Pact, and death strike make for some pretty good heals for that incredibly short phase. With proper DPS you can get him down insanely fast. There's also the possibility of hybrids picking up some of the healing, retadins using divine sac, stuff like that.

TLDR: Phase 3 can and has been done without a healer.

Did you got for a wank before running back inside? else i can't see how you could possibly not be inside for the loot. Honestly, it's like a 15sec corpserun.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)