Didnt really know where to put this, so here we go.

Well basically, at around 6pm every night, i get permabanned from the forums with the message "I hope you die for your stupidity", this has been happening to me since about the 2nd of October and I have no idea why, but any time before about 6 i can post and reply fine and it doesnt say anything about being banned.

After 2 emails to Boubouille (the only person i can find a contact adress for) with still no reply, I still dont know what the initial ban was for and am very confused, can anyone shed any light on this? moderators in particular.

Thanks in advance.
    Addiction, stage 1 of detoxification, you might aswell get worse first if you're gonna get better

Deleted

Re: Didnt really know where to put this, so here we go.

That's... an interesting ban. I'll try and have a quick look around and get back to you shortly via PM with a few questions if you don't mind (To help identify the source and resolve the issue).

ok no problem :L its been confusing me for days now and i didnt think about it until after the 6 o'clock threshhold last night :L

EDIT ---> Still dont know what the ban was for either :L, only one of my posts could really be called offensive but it was in context with the thread I posted it in and alot worse are in there
    Addiction, stage 1 of detoxification, you might aswell get worse first if you're gonna get better

Deleted

Ok, it seems that you were effected by another users ban gone wrong. I'm not too sure why but your ISP keeps giving you their IP address at a specific time of day, but for now I'm just going to remove it and hope for the best.

For the record, the ban reason was a quote from the person who was originally banned. It wasn't a moderator telling a user to die :P

haha ok, it may be because im a paranoid git and use Anonymouse for all the websites i go on, he may be using it too? But yeah i was wondering why i was meant to die in a car fire :L

Deleted

Aha. That'll be the problem then. I'm afraid I'm going to have to keep the IP ban on in that case, as open proxies are generally not permitted here.

For the record though, going to websites through an open proxy such as Anonymouse is *less secure* than just going straight to the website.

damnit. ah well ill just ahve to get all the important stuff done before 6 then wont i :L

Deleted

I've moved the IP address to our general open proxy ban and you should be able to browse without interference when you're afflicted. However, you will not be able to post or private message. I'm sorry for any inconvenience it may cause you, but if you wish to continue browsing then please use your normal connection or if proxies are required for whatever reason then use one that is closed and requires authentication.

Logging into websites through an open proxy just means your details are sent to an extra untrusted computer instead of straight to us. That extra computer would be able to log any details they liked about you because you're sending everything through them, and you wouldn't know it. Whereas going straight to the website itself (Such as ourselves) will just ensure they only see the data they're supposed to see, in our case your login details to the forums and any messages you type out here. I really suggest you avoid using such sites in the future.

Deleted

A real quick heads up...
    Anonymouse is banned on many websites because it very often sends stuff like bad http headers, http 1.0 requests or things like that which are instantly rejected by any sanely configured server. This is the case for some of the MMOC subsites.