2v2 ret/disc priest - need some help/tips

Hey Guys, Ive started a 2v2 with a disc priest friend. We have started pretty well, until 1500 rating. Now we are getting some hunter/priest, dk/druid, lock/healer teams that are eating us.

We usualy dont have much trouble agaist rogue/priest, rogue/mage or any double dps team.

-> Against hunter priest, this just mana burn + stinger shot on my priest and he get oom and we lose. I just dont have enought burst to take down the hunter or the priest, becose of slow shots, traps, fear, and all the CC and kites they have.

-> Against dk druid: druid cyclone me the entire fight. Dk kill my priest.

-> agaist lock/healer teams: lock chain fear and 2 shot me. Unless hes not destro.

You guys can check my name on armory, i have not optimal but good gear. I dont know if all teams are getting this problems, or we just need some tips.

Deleted

Re: 2v2 ret/disc priest - need some help/tips

Hunter/priest, go priest >.< Works for me, keep dispeling & mana burning.

Dk/druid, never met this one actually kinda weird, but It's dk for sure Just dispel dots & mana burn also fast switches :d

Lock/healer, go for the pet if you got the chance, then lock.

with fast switches you can down anyone pretty fast, if the disc is build dps specc ofc

Well, i've played ret/disc for a while, and hope i can give some advices.
    Vs hunter/x we usually go for the hunter, just cleanse all the stings or cc's on the priest and if he can los the mana burns, it should be free points. The hunter can't reliably kite you with freedom, stun if needed. At some point of the game the opposing priest won't have trinket, that's when you have to pop wings and dps, while using fear+rep+stun on priest. Make sure you have freedom available at that point. Also, if your freedom gets dispelled alot, cover it with a blessing and sacred shield+FoL hot+FoL crit hot etc, its not that hard to do it vs this team. And rember that judgement/HoW goes through deterrence.

Dk/druid is usually free points for us too, just train the dk, save freedoms for priest to fear the druid. Kill the dk when druid can be chain cc'd with fear+stun (or rep if you're lucky). Usually fiend+wings are also needed to kill the dk when the druid is CC'd. Also it is really importaint to outlast. Vs them we had 15+ games alot of time, just cleanse, insta FoL, occasiuonal HL's when you can, dont forget sacrifices. Anyways, this takes some training, but gets the job done, haven't lost to them in a while.

Lock/healer is a hard one, prolly the hardest thing you can face (xept good mage/priests). As the other poster said, try to burst the pet when you can cc the healer. But when you kill both pets, don't get too relaxed too, we've lost alot of games when the lock didn't even had a pet up and we were sure we would win. Try to find a good moment to cc the healer, and burst down the lock. If the healer is a shaman, and you kill both locks pets, you can also try to cc the lock and burst the shaman in a stun if he doesn't have trinket up, sometimes it works if you both get some lucky crits.

That's what i have to say from my experience.

hmm, Ive never thought about dispeling druid hots on the DK, this sounds really good. Maybe the druid will need to spend more time on healing than using that OP cyclone on me all the time.

Agaisnt hunter/priest I still find very hard, becose the hunter usualy use the trap that frozen the ground and keep running arround, so eventualy I get slowed even if the priest dont dispel my freedom, also he keep a good pressure on my priest, he can jump go get away, still cant see how to get an advantage here.

Lock is a problem as you all said, usualy he just do some LOLWTFCRITs and 2 shot me, and I dont even get a chance to kill the pet.

Thx for the advice guys.

Against DK/druid go for DK and i stack SoVecngeance to 5stack (SoCorruption) and wait druid to make move or get stun on druid and fear after that. You should be able to nuke DK down with SoV, if priest has dispelled all hots. Only nice timed "You cant do magic damage to me"bubble can save dk, which they usually use.

Against Lock/Healer Retri/Disc stands very little chance, just try to nuke with help of your priest. If you try to win that team with playing defensively, you stand no chance. Retri/Disc was a good comp when we had of so lovely sob/som :