BG token suggestion

Here i am again to suggest that our tokens give reputation to there corresponding factions. The rep grind is to large to obtain if you want the title. I did the math fro wsg was like 400+ wins of 3 flag caps per game to reach exalted. well you could play well over a thousand matches and not achieve this goal, in fact im now up to 500 games played and still honored.

However the horde have no issues with this since in my pvp bg bracket they win 9 of 10 games.

Re: BG token suggestion

I think it would be better to keep that system like it is right now. With reputation tabards, dailies and commendation tokens, getting reputation with factions has become too easy imo.

The Arathi Basin tabard for example, would lose its status symbol aswell, which should not happen
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

@ Jeffix

apparently you didn't play the game when the tabards were easier to get and turning in tokens did give you rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Brannick Bane
    Here i am again to suggest that our tokens give reputation to there corresponding factions. The rep grind is to large to obtain if you want the title. I did the math fro wsg was like 400+ wins of 3 flag caps per game to reach exalted. well you could play well over a thousand matches and not achieve this goal, in fact im now up to 500 games played and still honored.

However the horde have no issues with this since in my pvp bg bracket they win 9 of 10 games.
    faction change and then get exalted if that's the case. change back when your done.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgo
    @ Jeffix

apparently you didn't play the game when the tabards were easier to get and turning in tokens did give you rep.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Litteringand
    faction change and then get exalted if that's the case. change back when your done.
    Funny

Its a suggestion to get the developers aware of not changing the system but adding an addition to gain more rep as an option. Not to change the mechanics there just to have the tokens do more for you as far as reputation.

Now not all but my BG bracket loses 9 of 10 games and that's horrible odds. Im just suggesting a lesser time sink.

I forgot, sorry.

You might still consider it a sort of fos/reward then

You could post it on the official forums, but I don't think it will be implented. The profit wouldn't make up anywhere close for the time invested I guess :-\
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

I like the idea of being able to gain rep in ways other then just capping flags in WSG and base ticks in AB. With the upcoming BG changes we have in Cataclysm I really hope they completely overhaul the entire BG token/honor system. Having done the honor grind on several chars more than a few times I have noticed a few things I think they could change that would make things much more enjoyable.

I understand there may be some serious downfalls to a few these but they are all just ideas.

My biggest problem right now is how single BG tokens are pretty much worthless unless you also have 1 of all the other marks that go with it for the repeatable honor quest. The quest wasn't as bad when there were less BGs but with SoTA and IoC here now it just seems like an unnecessary pain.

One idea would be to either add in or replace a quest that allowed you to turn in several or maybe even single marks of just one particular BG for smaller amount of honor or rep. This way you won't feel forced to play the one BG you hate with a passion or have a consistent 1-10 record in.

Another thought would be to get rid of all the different BG tokens completely and just make one standard BG token. This would also make it easier to trade in for honor since you would just need a certain amount of one token instead.

Other things I would like to see changed are the limits on tokens and honor. 75k honor and 100 tokens of each is just too low. I think they both should be at least doubled to 150k honor and 200 tokens each.

I know this won't happen, but I would also like to see Justicar taken out of the Battlemaster meta for the same reason as the OP. With the way things are now it just seems like too huge of a grind on top of the insane good luck you need with AB We had it all along and AV Blitz.

We all know the turn ins should give rep but every fan boy that got their rep before hand in vanilla will be opposed to it.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.