Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

iLive user interface

You can find the new version of iLive user interface here.

Re: iLive user interface (new design)

very clean and lots of info at your disposal. I like it alot...i might give it a try

was very clean and nice! im going to try this one out fo sho!

Hmmm... 1920x1080 I like that, so I don't have to move around as much
    Might give it a go this weekend. Planned to scrap together a proper UI anyways

Too much padding on buttons is generally a bad idea - from my experience, but I'm just a dirty clicker -, but it looks great!

15+ Year Old Account

I would be very happy if you posted pictures of how iLive user interface looks on your screen. I need to see if all settings from all addons are in there, how it looks on different resolutions and other addons people might have added or maybe some changes.

As always a very nice interface. Haven't tried it because I'm building my own interface (yeah frist timer here). But noticed a little thing in the screenshots, your playerunitframe is 1 or two pixels to low, it doesn't line with the text frame.

How long will you be supporting this UI then, till you find another one you like and ditch this one?

Ishtara UI
    Your UI

Lets see, you used his Unit Frames, his KGPanels, his Buttonfacade skin, his combat text, his Aloft setup, Quartz setup and prolly more...
    Good thing you atleast give him SOME credit in that self righteous wall of text, not like the time with the SpartanUI.

And 80% of all healers have their raid frames like you do, so you didnt invent that, and untill you get your UI patented or trademarked then stop saying iLive user interface and just say "My UI", which it barely can be called.

15+ Year Old Account

@Semi
    I feel like you're following me (uncomfortable). I like my UI and I will continue with it as long as I am playing World of Warcraft, and I am playing my character (I don't dare call him his name, you certainly have something against names) and the interface lives up to my expectations from patch to patch. I think people generally make better interfaces with time, so therefor none should expect something to continue, but some still upload their interfaces (also the new ones).

I don't understand what your point is with repeating I am using Ishtara's settings. If people didn't want my UI I don't think there would be ~200 downloads and some favourites. I love Ishtara for his work (like many other people) and I think it's pure win! I am just fan with some other ideas (contructionally), and made it an option to download for people who likes it.

So Semi, if you're here to whine or make bad comments regarding my interfaces, then write to me through PM.

I read the forum on this page a couple of times a day, mostly consentrating on the Interface & Macros section as that is what I spend a lot of hours on myself.
    ...And I just dont like you, ever since that SpartanUI incident.

Back then you took a UI compilation, added 1 addon and slabbed your name all over it, giving no mention of spartanUI untill you were called on it.

You're doing the same thing! Although you've moved a few things around and have a different grid setup then it's still all taken from Ishtara's UI, yet there's only one small sentence at the end of a long paragraph stating so.

I dont have a problem with names, just yours. As you seem to slap it on anything you've spent 5 minutes on, I think you spent more time writing that wall of text stating that this UI is the second coming of Jesus.

If you are a fan of someone's work then dont steal it and call it your own.

Credit was given in one form or another, and as such he has the right to call it whatever he wants. WoWInterface's terms of uploads state addon author's permission, which unfortunately is not Ishtara (Though he/she has a downright jaw dropping way of configuring them...); and as such iLive is free to call it whatever he wants.

It's not something I approve of, but unfortunately its how it works.

15+ Year Old Account

@Semi
    As I mentioned, if you're here for making bad comments etc., then please write to me personally, I don't want this post to be critism about me. It's really not funny anymore :[

Here's the deal with SpartanUI: I was a noob back then there with UI's and addons, so I used SpartanUI (it was looking good and simple). I did made some minor changes, that I did spend some hours in trying to learn etc. I had rescaled and removed some panels from SpartanUI (weird typing was required), double chat boxes, added auras, made Grid with various raid debuffs in it (I didn't know about GridStatusRaidDebuff back then) and settings for Restoration Druids for Rejuvenation, Regrowth and Lifebloom. I know this might sound like nothing, but I did use hours trying to understand it (back then), and in the end I was so proud that I wanted to show/inspire other people.
    I didn't make an upload, but made a new topic for comments regarding what people thought. I didn't give it any name and I think the word I mentioned most after "and" was "SpartanUI" actually. I can PM you the post. Anyway, I received many private messages on how I did that and how I made it like that, and what was that addon's name etc., but what people wrote in the post was more like a stealer, a fool, nothing other things in there etc. I was totally shocked! :/ I just wanted to show ;[ I learned more about addons etc., so I made (the old, version 1) iLive user interface with help from Atallicus for the KGpanels and made the same contruction like Vexione's (I loved it! It was so freaking genius and sexy!). I think that the UI's were alot different (Vex - iLive), but I did mention the x2 persons and thanked them. I also said that this UI was more for healers, while the others were for DPS.

Then I held a break with WoW and came back later on and used Ishtara's UI. I was just, I couldn't heal that effectively because I had problems looking up on encounter and then down on raid etc. etc. It was very hard, since I was used to have Grid in center etc like with my old UI. So I rescaled everything, deleted bars and frames, added debuffs and switched space etc. and I ended up with my UI. I feel very glad of right this UI, because of all the major work behind (thanks to Ishtara). I've uploaded it and appereantly someones like it and that's what's about. When I made this upload I didn't do it to say "I am so good, look at how good I am, all that work is done by me, and remember how good I am." I have already mentioned x3 times that the major part of the UI is made by Ishtara (think I'll increase it). I just made it different in construction, and want to let people try it out and hear their opinions. What is so wrong about this? iLive user interface is just a name, and I still want people to know that it's Ishtara's design, not mine, but that doesn't have to be in the name.

So Semi lets please end this discussion and move on? I am very sorry about the SpartanUI thing, but please let it go?

I'll nevah let it go!

*waits for your next release*

15+ Year Old Account

@Semi
    I'll be prepared!

@Shivano
    Yeah, I saw that and I actually worked on making it more equal in lenghts and placed correctly (god damn your eyes get tired in the end!). I don't think it's something major, so it's not something to upload an new version for, but It'll make it better on next upload (lets see if I am dead or not, looking on Semi).

You seem a little more like friends then arguers to me.

It's a nice UI, no matter how much it looks like another.

15+ Year Old Account

@Comprise
    Yeah :] I mean I can bitch Semi in more posts than it is avaible, but that's not cool! I mean I kinda understand him, since he just hates people who take other UI's and say "Am I good, or just good? Sweat and tears in creation of this UI", and he thinks that are a little bit of this in my UI :] Anyway, SEMI FTW <'3

I just checked it again in Photoshop, and noticed the frame (with border) are the same height as the chat. Only the last black line of border pixels are not as clear as they should be ;-)

15+ Year Old Account

@Shivano
    Yeah, it's weird, because numberwise the position was the same, but I agree that it doesn't look like it is at the sime height. I have though made it look like it is now :]

Deleted

Wow! You've really made an effort doing this!

I never could have downloaded anything and then moved it around!

Good job!

15+ Year Old Account

@pHishr
    This is getting more and more annoying. Please stop writing these useless comments, and grow up please.