Healing Stream Totem - Is it worth anything?

Is the Healing Stream Totem Raid-wide or only your Party?
    Is it worth Glyphing with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41533#modifies:0-2+1 ?

What % of your total healing during Raiding does the totem do?
    Is it even noticeable?

Deleted

Re: Healing Stream Totem - Is it worth anything?

If you aren't missing mana spring, cause you got plenty of paladins, why not putting it down. wouldnt glyph for it, though. and as for the raid or party - I'll leave it up to you to just read some tooltips since the information is in there...

Last time I checked I thought i've seen 500/tick, so it's not bad.

be in the tanks party at vezax for some free healing

just put it down if you have more than one paladin and theres raid damage flying around

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Makes up around 8-16% of my healing during raids.

So hell mother fucking YEAH it's worth it

Edit: The highest amount of healing done it did for me in a raid was 26%.

Which is HUGE for a totem.

...Then again, i do stack spellpower for just that purpose, and have it both talented and glyphed.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

It's quite awesome for Heroic Anub'arak, thats for sure.

www.Ronin-guild.eu

1o you have Blessing of Wisdom? If no then Mana Spring, if yes then goto 2
    2oes the fight require poison or disease cleansing? If yes then Cleansing Totem, if no goto 3.
    3:Healing Stream

Obviously, this may not apply if you have more than 1 Shaman in your group.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman
    1o you have Blessing of Wisdom? If no then Mana Spring, if yes then goto 2
    2oes the fight require poison or disease cleansing? If yes then Cleansing Totem, if no goto 3.
    3:Healing Stream

Obviously, this may not apply if you have more than 1 Shaman in your group.
    So mana spring is > then Cleansing totem if the fight has diseases? i spose its party only.

The totem is rather cheap and can fill some nice numbers i doubt for now its worth a glyph slot but hey in a heroic i just chuck this sucker down throw out my earthen shield and kick back

Here is something that you may find interesting, healing stream totems stack. So if another Shaman is putting it down, and you have nothing better to drop for water, you do not do any harm in dropping yours as well. In fact, a pair of them does a rather impressive amount of healing for the mana investment.

As for the glyph, I think there are far better major glyphs out there for your healing needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenthis
    So mana spring is > then Cleansing totem if the fight has diseases? i spose its party only.
    Depends. That's going to require some more info about your group makeup.

What class is your healer? Can they remove diseases/poisons? How often are the diseases/poisons applied? What do they do once they're applied?

When cleansing totem pulsed when you first put it down the answer was easier: both. Just drop a cleansing then go back to mana spring.

Now it's not so clear and would require more situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman
    Depends. That's going to require some more info about your group makeup.

What class is your healer? Can they remove diseases/poisons? How often are the diseases/poisons applied? What do they do once they're applied?

When cleansing totem pulsed when you first put it down the answer was easier: both. Just drop a cleansing then go back to mana spring.

Now it's not so clear and would require more situational awareness.
    Question is how many encounters have poisons and diseases. i really cannot be stuffed trying to think though them all, Wotlk wise definitey too lazy to look in old content wise

Not worth glyphing, especially not for 25 mans. For 10 mans, it may be situationally worth glyphing (depending on the encounter) but I'm pretty sure there are better options out there.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

With the new drums that allow you to buff Kings to your raid, there's no reason not to use HST even if you only have one paly.

Quote Originally Posted by C Rage
    Here is something that you may find interesting, healing stream totems stack. So if another Shaman is putting it down, and you have nothing better to drop for water, you do not do any harm in dropping yours as well. In fact, a pair of them does a rather impressive amount of healing for the mana investment.

As for the glyph, I think there are far better major glyphs out there for your healing needs.
    Only if the two or more shamans are in the same group.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Well, by itself it's not as noticible.

But think of it this way. In a raid, you drop that down and it'll often tick for 400+ now with the current gear level, add that 400+ to the rejuvs, renews, and whatever HoTs other classes can throw and it makes a big difference.

As always, shamans bringing super powerful buffs to raids since 19...something

3 shammies with healing stream glyphed makes heroic anub alot easier due to the fact that the healers can then concentrate on healing the tanks and the frost debuff while stream keeps the ranged casters who are aoeing and not getting jol procs alive from the swarm.