Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: You and I... And Tier 10.

I like how some of you act like your actually worth a shit talking about going to do TotGC but the fact of the reality is, some of us can't find a group or even a guild that is recruiting to do so. I'm newly transferred to the server I'm on and it's a bitch finding anyone willing to pug it and a bitch for anyone to find a guild when noone is recruiting. It's all fine and good that you have your 258 tier and congrats to you. Just because we cant get into a group or guild doesnt make us bad or ez raiders, just means your luckier than we are to already be established on a server and there are people willing to put up with you being such an asshole. In the meantime, I'll just do BG's waiting for a group to pop and rape all you idiots who think you can run around in 258 and ez mode kill people because your shit smells like Roses.

Even if you're an "ezmode raider" with badge gear (as I am) you still have the right to complain about it being too easy (as I do).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Melane
    Just because he got the items from emblems, doesn't mean he's happy about it. I've got a 25 normal token sat in my bag after purchasing a 232 piece, I don't like how easy it is to get, I've run 25 man ToTC once, and only done the first boss in 10 man, I shouldn't have one piece, and a token for a 245 piece after one full raid.
    Yeah, I'm sure he was weeping in sadness as he clicked the items off the vendor.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'd like each class to get their own armor model... not just reskinned :/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zophiel
    I like how some of you act like your actually worth a shit talking about going to do TotGC but the fact of the reality is, some of us can't find a group or even a guild that is recruiting to do so. I'm newly transferred to the server I'm on and it's a bitch finding anyone willing to pug it and a bitch for anyone to find a guild when noone is recruiting. It's all fine and good that you have your 258 tier and congrats to you. Just because we cant get into a group or guild doesnt make us bad or ez raiders, just means your luckier than we are to already be established on a server and there are people willing to put up with you being such an asshole. In the meantime, I'll just do BG's waiting for a group to pop and rape all you idiots who think you can run around in 258 and ez mode kill people because your shit smells like Roses.
    i actually agree with you which is why i found it funny that someone would criticize the new gearing system when they themselves take full advantage of it, that's all.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by gagglone
    But yeah, I can't wait to see it. I'm hoping it has a sinister feel. And my pally tank gear looks like Arthas' armor. I wanna look evil.
    Oh terrific. I can't wait for the imminent "Our tier 10 looks gay!/Its the wrong color!/I see a penis in it!/Why can't we look like Death Knights!?!/RESKIN T2 PLX" Paladin threads.

Stop expecting scary black armor. You're a paladin. Just sayin.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

Following suite there will be another vendor with enough items to half gear you out through badges, which the badges will be available from old puggable bosses. The normal mode bosses will be one shot by every man and his dog guilds, the only way to do better is hard modes (disclaimer - if you have 20 + fantastic awesome players)
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    i actually agree with you which is why i found it funny that someone would criticize the new gearing system when they themselves take full advantage of it, that's all.
    If the government was producing loads of money and sending it to citizens and you would disagree with their actions due to the effects it will have on the value on the money, wouldn't you in most cases still accept what they sent you?

If you have the chance to take an advantage of something, most people will, even if they disagree with the methods (unless they cross the line in morality). Otherwise you're left behind.

Not taking the stance of either side, but wanted to bring that up.

10+ Year Old Account

hopefully no repeat of t9...horrible horrible system
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

T10 is the ultimate in Pve so Plz Blizz NO VOA no retarded bage buying Tier, and no Ez mode for em.
    IMO we should be only able to get T10 from heroic 25 men , even if that means that maybe i will never get my hands on them , its the ultimate tier and no.10 is a milesone for WoW history so it only deservs to be leet.

10+ Year Old Account

I do like the idea of Badges for Tier armor...maybe make it harder by making the badges waaay harder to farm. I mean you don't see everyone in t9 now do you? Yes, you can get it through badges but who really spends all their time collecting them? Only a dedicated few. Plus to get the better end of the Tier sets, like the ilvl251 ones (is that the right number), you have to do ToC in heroic mode. Not everyone can do that now can they? So what if they get access to it? I'm not bothered by it. Stop being so elitist and if you don't like it go find some other game...

Right now, on PTR, there are Emblems of Frost..which I think will allow us to buy these tier10 set pieces, but since you get like 10 a week from the raid "Weekly", i think the requirement to get such gear would be like 100 Emblems or something. Not too easy, but not too difficult. Why should only elitists jerks enjoy the game?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    I'm calling it TX, pass it around.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Sike
    what i dont get, is in BC, each tier had added another peice of armour, boots, belt etc,

Wotlk hasnt done that, Tier 7, 8 and 9 have all been the same slots, helm, chest, shoulders, legs and gloves.
    I suspect the reason for this is that if they switched up the slots, it'd be possible to have and 4-piece bonus of one set and a 2-piece of another. I'm sure there are many out there whose 2-piece T9 is good enough that they'd want to keep it if they could do so and also have 4-piece T10.

I think I'm probably the only one that sees the coliseum sets as not a true tier, but instead more along the lines of the old AQ sets. IMO, Icecrown will feature true T9.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi
    I think I'm probably the only one that sees the coliseum sets as not a true tier, but instead more along the lines of the old AQ sets. IMO, Icecrown will feature true T9.
    Nah bro, you're not on your own there. I just created a topic regarding the current tiering system of class set gear, and I'd amend what I said to equate coliseum gear with AQ, if not Hyjal. The gear could be deemed tier 8.5/8.75 and ICC tier (up to 277) tier 9/9.5. Calling it tier 10 doesn't fit the meme of the game now, does it? Tier 10 will be what we get from the introductory Cataclysm raid instance.

As far as tokens are concerned, they do allow people who can't raid due to busy lives to still experience some of the endgame gear. For myself, I am still in T7 because I can't even find the time to run heroics for the latest tokens.

I like the idea of acquiring tier tokens for multiple gear pieces. One token could be for three classes and three slots (most probably head, gloves and shoulders), dropping off four or five bosses (alongside non-set pieces), with another token being for the same class compositions but the other two slots (chest and legs).
    For the Alliance!

Because of the weekly Emblem of frost raid assassination quests that have been data-mined not too long ago, i honestly think that having the same system of tier acquisition for ToC will probably be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Tier 10 will most likely go back to the standard Conqueror/Protector/Vanquisher tokens, I think. But its safe to expect at least two pieces to be purchasable with emblems. While the actual system will vary constantly it seems, the days of only the top 5% of players having gear from the current tier are likely gone for good and if you can't accept that and come up with other ways to feel "elite," it may be time to look for another game.

That said, what other game you'd go to, I don't know.. there's not a lot of game designers out there who write their best content for the smallest portion of their customers. You may be better off just getting used to the idea.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

'T10' will be T9 offset, IMO, just like T6 has its offset.

Reason being- to make PvErs happy about getting really nice chest/shoulder/leg/gloves from the new raid, and keep the old set bonus so they don't have to fiddle with their spreadsheets too much.

Also, it would make me a happy rogue for PvP. 4pc/4pc bonus, anyone?
    Needs more perkele.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren
    If the government was producing loads of money and sending it to citizens and you would disagree with their actions due to the effects it will have on the value on the money, wouldn't you in most cases still accept what they sent you?

If you have the chance to take an advantage of something, most people will, even if they disagree with the methods (unless they cross the line in morality). Otherwise you're left behind.

Not taking the stance of either side, but wanted to bring that up.
    if i disagreed with the actions, i wouldn't take the money. i have never and will never do or receive anything i don't believe in.

further more, the current gear we have is tier 9, deal with it. ICC will drop t10 and we will have had 4 tiers in a single expansion, oh no!!!!!!

t6 had its off-set because it was originally designed to be the last tier of gear acquired in TBC, but blizz fucked up, released BT too early and was forced to release SWP at the end of the TBC life cycle. since they didn't want to drop an entirely new set of gear, effectively killing t6 and it's position as the highest end tier, they just expanded the set itself by 3 pieces: belt, boots, and wrists. biggest problem with this? it allowed rogues (and a few other classes) to wear 4 piece s4 and 4 piece t6, getting both maxed out set bonuses, something they will likely never repeat again.

lastly, t9 is still on the token system. the regalia received when one kills anub'arak on heroic 25 man is separated into conq/vanq/prot pieces, there is simply no specification as to which piece of gear you can get.
    BfA Beta Time

Just don't name the hunter 10 set "Lichstalker", please.
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?